"Queensland hate but respect me" - Paul Gallen

Do you respect Paul Gallen?

• Total voters
There's a reason there is a FB page called Paul Gallen is a S### C###.

Funny how his form and performance has dropped since the ASADA thing, nothing suss

exactly. And what's the bet that NSW cover up their leaders shit and marty kennedy gets raked over the coals?

Can we please not speculate about the ASADA investigation. Innocent until proven guilty. Unless you have a credible source to backup what you're saying (public news article) then please refrain from any speculation or even implying anything wrong has occurred.

On topic, no respect at all. I think he's a very good player but that doesn't mean I respect him.

Last edited:
Sorry lads thinking out loud. He hasn't had a big as impact over the last few years.

What annoyed me most was his post match whinge about the refs when Qld dominated and led at 24-0 at one stage.

Absolute grub and sore loser.

Only blue I could ever respect was Hindmarsh

Nope. He's a good player.....from what I've seen. Admittedly, I never watch Cronulla unless they are playing the Broncos so I only ever see him at Origin and he goes hard. He may be a dick, but good player.

I rate his talent and hardness just as I suspect plenty of Qld players do. Huge motor which has always been his strength, durable and unsurprisingly one of the first picked in any team. Deadset shit for brains when his grub side surfaces but a tough hard footballer no doubt.

Yes, I respect his ability etc but that diminishes with each poor display of sportsmanship.

Nope. He's a good player.....from what I've seen. Admittedly, I never watch Cronulla unless they are playing the Broncos so I only ever see him at Origin and he goes hard. He may be a dick, but good player.
The question is really whether you respect him, not if you rate him!

There are players on both teams that deserve our respect, and players on both teams that do not

The jersey colour should not matter here

Gallen is unquestionably in the 'does not deserve respect' category

It takes more than ability to earn respect

I'd say if Parker or any other player who plays lock put on the number 8 and played the exact same game as he did at lock they could play for 80 minutes too. Just like SBW being amazing because he spends 65 minutes in the centres and pipes up every once in a while in the middle of the field and offloads a ball.

I'd say if Parker or any other player who plays lock put on the number 8 and played the exact same game as he did at lock they could play for 80 minutes too. Just like SBW being amazing because he spends 65 minutes in the centres and pipes up every once in a while in the middle of the field and offloads a ball.

So anyone who doesn't play in the middle is pretty much just phoning it in.

SBW regularly topped work rate stats for the Roosters last year.

To be fair to Gallen Porthoz I'd say what he was trying to say is that his footballing ability is respected rather than a whole of person type respect. It is why the poorly titled poll causes some argument . As far as I can tell his ability on the field is widely respected and he is seen as the key man for Cronulla and one of the dangermen for Nsw.

To be fair to Gallen Porthoz I'd say what he was trying to say is that his footballing ability is respected rather than a whole of person type respect. It is why the poorly titled poll causes some argument . As far as I can tell his ability on the field is widely respected and he is seen as the key man for Cronulla and one of the dangermen for Nsw.

TBH I think the real issue is the confusion between the word 'rated' and the word 'respected'. You can rate a players on field abilities and performance yet that doesn't mean you have to have any respect for them.

I rate gallen as a player for his motor, strength and his tireless work rate. However, I have zero respect for his grubby play, lack of leadership and poor sportsmanship

Last edited:
I'd never have any respect for that prick !!

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • teampjta
  • Bish
  • MrRobot
  • Skathen
  • bert_lifts
  • Brocko
  • NSW stables
  • Johnny92
  • sooticus
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • kiwibronco
  • broncomax
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.