Randy Couture returns to UFC to fight Brock Lesnar

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://mmajunkie.com/news/5190/its-offi ... ufc-91.mma

After a very public split with the organization back in October, reigning UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture has agreed to return to the UFC, and he'll meet Brock Lesnar in a UFC 91 championship bout with Brock Lesnar.

UFC President Dana White today confirmed the news in a media conference call.

White also confirmed that UFC 91 will take place Nov. 15 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas -- not at the Rose Garden Arena in Portland, Ore., as first expected.

As part of Couture's return to competition, which includes a new multi-fight deal with the UFC, White confirmed that their ongoing legal battle has been resolved. Couture resigned from the organization in October citing a lack of respect from UFC executives, issues over his pay, and the UFC's inability to sign then-free agent Fedor Emelianenko.

"I think some compromises were made on both sides," Couture said.

"All I give a [expletive] about is that he's back and fighting," White said.

White also confirmed that the winner of an upcoming fight between interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Frank Mir will meet the Couture vs. Lesnar winner sometime in 2009 to unify the titles.

White didn't role out a potential Couture vs. Emelianenko fight -- one that Couture desparately wants -- but said the famed Russian fighter's contract situation could present problems. However, White admitted that he's "always wanted" Emelianenko in the UFC.

MMAjunkie.com (http://www.mmajunkie.com) will have more on this story in the next hour.

OMG! zuffa would be creaming there pants right now knowing how much money they will make off this fight!

I'm not a fan of MMA but I have seen a few video compilations of that Emelianenko and he looks like one violent beast.

a dream match would be couture vs emelianenko, widely reguarded as the 2 greatest fighters of all time.

OHHHH YEAHHHH! Lesnar/Couture, it had to happen. Cant f*cking wait for this one. I'm a massive Couture mark...but Lesnar was one of my favourite wrestlers of all time, and has impressed me with MMA so far. I'm syked.

its gonna be massive hey. couture has nothing to prove really, we all know hes awesome, but how good was lesnar against herring! lesnar can only irmpove after that match too, its gonna be such a good fight. looks like an awesome card too, with Joe Stevenson fighting Kenny Florian, Rampage looks set to fight on the card and possibly the debut of Amir Sadollah

Couture is 16 - 8 .Got ran out of the heavyweight division by Ricco and Barnett, went down to LHW and initially tasted success, before getting sparked twice by Liddel and struggling with van arsdale, went back to heavy beat Sylvia and a couple of jobbers then went on strike/resigned for more money (same thing he bagged Tito for).Lesnar will put Couture on his back, where he struggles and beat the shit out of him.

Cant stand Couture the myth.I rate BJ, GSP, Anderson, Fedor and LiddeL well ahead of him.

Fedor would absolutely fucking murder Couture.Please god make it happen.

im not a fan of couture either tbh, and he has lost some, but hes also beaten some of the best. but yeah, fedor would kill him. but fedor would kill anyone lol

not one bit haha, hate them both.

LOL, Shamrock is going to get killed. Kimbo needs to go to pro wrestling. He would be AWESOME.

that might actually be a good career move for him, since theres only so many washed up, already overrated fighters (tank, shamrock) that Kimbo can beat on.

I fully expect Shamrock to take a dive, like he did in the Franklin fight, imo.

Kimbo actually aint a bad athlete, I'd like to see him fight Houston Alexander, if and when the UFC cut him.

Kimbo will never be a top ier mmaer imo, but has shown he is serious by going to train with Bas.Good luck to him.

fuuuuck, dlo brown on droz! lol.

wanderlei silva vs rampage is set to be on this card too. im gonna jizz my pants every time that i think about this card

As you probably know over in Pride Wand smashed Quinton, minus the roids and stomps I think Rampage takes him.

Dom

Active Now

• thenry
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Jason Simmons
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Tmac
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.