Rebuilding the Broncos

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Officially no, it would be the coaches decision but it's a massive consideration for the coach. You don't want a captain nobody likes.

So we love the coach and we love the captain! Can't wait for next season. Miracles can happen! The pope told me so

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
So we love the coach and we love the captain! Can't wait for next season. Miracles can happen! The pope told me so
The pope. Is he coming to the broncos now?
btw is that Zac Strasser in you avt?

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
As much as i'd like to see it happen, i can't see Sam being dropped as captain next season .... it's not really the Broncos style.

A lot of thought would've gone into his selection (i hope) and whoever made the call would look like a bit of a twit if he only lasted one more season in the job.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Taking captaincy off him would (to me) make it seem like they are trying to fix mistakes instead of pretending it doesn't exist. There have been a lot of changes made lately, including new staff, and some actual non-retirement village player signings. Might as well give the captaincy to someone else too.

I doubt much thought went into the decision anyway. Parker was always supposed to be next in line until Lockyer retired and Thaiday re-signed. People who think it was just thrown in as an incentive to keep him are probably right IMO.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Ben Hannant is getting a head start on Hook's 2014 regime. A mate just say next to him at Ribs & Rumps.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Ben Hannant is getting a head start on Hook's 2014 regime. A mate just say next to him at Ribs & Rumps.
I bet when he returns to training there will be plenty of rump but you won't see any ribs

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Morkel
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • Brocko
  • DrGee
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Scdeac
  • Swordfish
  • barker
  • Allo
  • levikaden
  • Skyblues87
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.