Remaining Games

M

maximus84

Jun 10, 2024
With the remaining games of the season, how many games do you realistically see us winning leaving us on how many points

(H) Panthers
(H) Dragons
(A) Knights
(A) Dogs
(A) Titans
(A) cowboys
(H) Eels
(A) Dolphins
(H) Storm

I think Maybe.... 4 wins? Knights, titans, cowboys, Eels.

Only giving us 28 points which missed the 8 In 23!

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Nope. After that performance I agree with kev. I can see us being the team to beat I the second half of the season. Tonight's performance was not that bad for a second string team.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
With the remaining games of the season, how many games do you realistically see us winning leaving us on how many points

(H) Panthers
(H) Dragons
(A) Knights
(A) Dogs
(A) Titans
(A) cowboys
(H) Eels
(A) Dolphins
(H) Storm

13 wins should ensure a playoff spot which means they'll need to win 6 of their last 9. Would likely need 8 of 9 to secure a top 4 berth. Either way, both options will require a serious reversal of form= fucked.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
In my head right now we're getting bundled out first week of the finals.

So here's my question: am I being optimistic, pessimistic or realistic?

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008

(H) Panthers
(H) Dragons
(A) Knights
(A) Dogs
(A) Titans
(A) cowboys
(H) Eels
(A) Dolphins
(H) Storm

Even if we don't beat the Panthers, if we compete we could get some confidence out of it. The next four games are winnable, and if we go on a run there we look good by the time Reynolds gets back for the Cowboys game. We keep winning through to the Storm game and they might rest their players because they are already top two - I've got us winning eight of nine.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
In my head right now we're getting bundled out first week of the finals.

So here's my question: am I being optimistic, pessimistic or realistic?
Unfortunately I have to agree with Nashy and say that is optimistic.
We are now problematical to even make the finals and whilst a case can be made that our performances have been down due to injuries I think it is deeper than that. I do not think we will automatically pick up our form when we get a few players back, that should help but of its own wont be enough for us to get to where we were last season.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Unfortunately I have to agree with Nashy and say that is optimistic.
We are now problematical to even make the finals and whilst a case can be made that our performances have been down due to injuries I think it is deeper than that. I do not think we will automatically pick up our form when we get a few players back, that should help but of its own wont be enough for us to get to where we were last season.
We only really need to get to our 2023 levels for the finals. Until then, scraping into the top 8 is not the end of the world. While it sux to admit, we are a completely different team without Reynolds and Walsh (think old school Melbourne missing Smith and Slater - but worse).

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
We only really need to get to our 2023 levels for the finals. Until then, scraping into the top 8 is not the end of the world. While it sux to admit, we are a completely different team without Reynolds and Walsh (think old school Melbourne missing Smith and Slater - but worse).
Getting to our 2023 finals form is definitely where we want to be but I don't like the chances of that happening.
There is an old saying in football that goes something like 'you need to be in good form going into the finals because you wont suddenly find it when you are playing in them'
I have seen plenty of teams over the years including us who limp into the finals and then get punted in the first week or even if they are in the top four go out in straight sets in the first two weeks.
We still have time to pick up our form but it needs to happen soon not after we hit the finals, assuming we are there in the first place.

B

BRC088

QCup Player
Feb 7, 2012
Has there been a season with more (longer term) injuries across the board? its gotta be up there.

Unread

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Thelmus
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.