Retirement

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Is it just me, or has the concept of retirement become a complete joke? It used to mean something - the farewell, final home game etc. In a way, it was an event. But now, every second guy seems to be coming out of retirement. If someone announces their retirement, there's a close to even chance they'll be playing again in three years. Take Tonie Carroll for instance - all those masks etc. last year in a sort of farewell thing, and now here he is playing again.

I hate it when people come out of retirement. Cheap and nasty IMO.

At least the masks of Tonie Carroll were free.

Yeah I guess but I always like seeing some old timers go around again :)

It's a bit like how this chap on the old forum called Ben said he had quit BHQ and would never come back, yet he came back under another username.

ningnangnong said:
It's a bit like how this chap on the old forum called Ben said he had quit BHQ and would never come back, yet he came back under another username.

Not really. People care about player retirements. Nobody cares about this Ben person leaving.

Ari Gold said:
ningnangnong said:

Not really. People care about player retirements. Nobody cares about this Ben person leaving.

Yeah, i'm glad he left, he was a massive wankstain.

TC came back to help out though - we were doing it real tough.

In saying that I don't think I would do it if I was a player... you take the good memories of the past but you dont want to be living in it - if you know what I mean.

Carroll did us a favour. What do you want? A good shot at the premiership, or for him to not care about the team that gave him a career?

Retirement is just a state of mind. Like to see Alfie come out of retirement at the moment. lol. We need someone just like that this weekend.

And people still fall for it.

"Honey! We have to get John Farnham tickets! He's retiring!"
"....Again?"

Now, lets hope Alfie comes out of retirement to fill in for Wallace.

ningnangnong said:

Or like this one guy who lost the VRL final last year to a far superior team, said he would quit, then came back the next year with a different team name.

Isn't that a secret club, not to be discussed on the public forum?

Nashy said:
Isn't that a secret club, not to be discussed on the public forum?

No, that's the Gamblers Anonymous club.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Financeguy
  • Midean
  • Old Mate
  • Strop
  • Manifesto
  • LittleDavey
  • Mister Wright
  • Xzei
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  • Waynesaurus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • FACTHUNT
  • jd87
  • Griffo
  • Skyblues87
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.