NEWS Richardson: Pies will rise again

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Pies' former boss at Souths, Shane Richardson, feels for his former hire:

“He would have done a lot of soul-searching over the last two weeks. I am not saying he should resign but I could understand if did. I have seen it happen many times in my professional life where people have made that call ... lives have collapsed because the pressure is too great. With that social media rubbish – which is absolutely disgraceful – you start to ask yourself whether it is worthwhile for your family. To me, it has nothing to do with his job or coaching and where the team is on the ladder. It is how he feels about himself and his family.

Mugs med med

Better than a kick in the head

“Rugby league is that sort of game where when you go to your knees and you put your hand up and someone will kick you in the head. There are only so many kicks in the head you can take. Seibold is a good coach but, at the end of the day, it has become a landslide for him."

Smart money is on Seibold to cop the horse's hoof at season end, but Richardson is confident he'll forge onward and upward:

“John Lang always said to me you learn far more from defeat than you ever do from winning. You don’t know the person you are until you suffer defeat. I have no doubt he will rise from the Ashes. He will learn from everything that has happened to him.”

McHunt

Corey Parker said tonight he absolutely will not walk away and will only leave if board move him on. Can't blame the bloke at all for wanting the payout.

Corey Parker said tonight he absolutely will not walk away and will only leave if board move him on. Can't blame the bloke at all for wanting the payout.
I doubt it's because of a payout. I wouldn't walk away either but my reason for saying that is I've lived a fairly long time now and experience tells me 'this too shall pass'.

I think he'll be determined to box on and his pride and self belief will keep his resolve firm. It would take his wife begging him to quit for the sake of the children and her before he'd resign.

I have extreme doubt that money will be the deciding factor. I still believe my earlier prediction will be borne out. That is he'll be coach next year and have the first 10-12 rounds.

Tony probably dancing around in lockdown to this:

I doubt it's because of a payout. I wouldn't walk away either but my reason for saying that is I've lived a fairly long time now and experience tells me 'this too shall pass'.

I think he'll be determined to box on and his pride and self belief will keep his resolve firm. It would take his wife begging him to quit for the sake of the children and her before he'd resign.

I have extreme doubt that money will be the deciding factor. I still believe my earlier prediction will be borne out. That is he'll be coach next year and have the first 10-12 rounds.
I'm not so sure. I've seen a lot of new CEO moments where they want to swoop in and stamp their authority seagull management style to 'fix' the problem.

I can see a lot of change coming when the new CEO clocks on, hopefully for the best.

I'm not so sure. I've seen a lot of new CEO moments where they want to swoop in and stamp their authority seagull management style to 'fix' the problem.

I can see a lot of change coming when the new CEO clocks on, hopefully for the best.
Oh I agree, I can also see the alternative. New broom sweeps clean and all that. That said I believe the faceless 'they' will try and make the best of a bad lot and I believe it's more likely we'll be informed that they're going to stay the course. It might be that Seibold will be able to stem the bleeding and restore a bit of faith in his methods.

Bailing with three years to go might seem reckless but I'll bet there's a plan being formulated as we speak and if they've decided on a new CEO that person will definitely have an imput. It will likely be up to the new person to call it.

If Ikin gets it I think he'll stay with Seibold, at least in the interim but with a view to see how 21 kicks off. Should the wallopings continue then a mid season chop will be a near certainty. I hope they've sounded out Flanagan for 2022. What a change he'd bring. He'd find a few hard nuts. Wade Graham would be handy!

Lose players and fans vs. payout Seibold. Not sure what the board would deem as more feasible.

Lose players and fans vs. payout Seibold. Not sure what the board would deem as more feasible.
It's possible they may believe it's bottomed out already. Not everything is black or white. One should consider the paucity of information available to the onlooker.

That's what White did, Henjak had his review-not a good one but Somerville wanted him, White came in and started in the role and read it and said this can't happen and sacked him 18 days out from the season.

2021 could almost completely replicate that event.

Last edited:
That's what White did, Henjak had his review-not a good one but Somerville wanted him, White came in and started in the role and read it and said this can't happen and sacked him 18 days out from the season.

2021 could almost completely replicate that event.
If we wait that long to do it our 21 is cooked before it begins

If I know women, she'll see the $ signs.
That's true to an extent but if your child/children are self harming it's(money) probably not going to be considered for long. Not saying that's the case here of course, just a scenario.

the board still needs agree to sack a coach ... the CEO doesn't have that power to make that decision unilaterally

the board still needs agree to sack a coach ... the CEO doesn't have that power to make that decision unilaterally

Board voted for sacking Henjak 4-1 and Chairman refused and he stayed.

Last edited:

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.