RLWC 2021 Final Discussion

Yep. I’m happy to disagree because I loved what I saw. If this kid was a Bronco / Qlder, we’d all be in raptures.

Watch his game, he had the hall on a string and he’s a good defender, he’s going to be an all time great.

Let’s not forget by the way that a on Australian team with Slater, Smith, Lockyer and JT lost a World Cup final to NZ. Your argument doesn’t wash.
That nz team was pretty beast back in the day tho, with a lot of them in great form

That nz team was pretty beast back in the day tho, with a lot of them in great form

A lot of people were saying this NZ team in this WC were the best NZ team ever and Australia also beat them without even playing that well.

All I'm saying is, @Mr Fourex is wrong saying that Australia should have beaten Samoa by 60 to prove Cleary is on the way to becoming an all time great.

Well....if he was so fucken memorising.....:rofl

I think maybe the game has passed us all by? 10 years ago I might have viewed Cleary as a somebody…….these days under the game today and this administration………. he’s just a somebody

and the team that he had so much mesmerising control over....just did enough

to beat

Samoa.

and the team that he had so much mesmerising control over....just did enough

to beat

Samoa.

30-10 is JUST beating another team now is it? There were also a number of bombed tries.

Also, have you actually looked at that Samoan team? It had a number of State of Origin reps in it such as Paulo, Crichton, Luai, Milford (hehe), Papalii, To'o and Su'A. Plus some other current premiership winners.

Anywho, I'll leave it there. We aren't going to agree and that's ok.

Watching the replay, the start from Samoa just wasn't good enough. They weren't troubling Australia all that much.

They had a few chances in Australia's 20, but two of their kicks resulted in 7 tackle sets and the other set they were offloading the ball a lot but Australia kept their composure and weren't presenting Samoa with a way through resulting in the play eventually dying.

Once that kick from Luai was caught on the full in-goal and Wighton combined with Holmes to get Australia down the other end, they didn't recover and Australia scored first. Once they did, that gave them that boost and it was pretty much one-way traffic from that point on.

For mine, if they wanted any chance of trying to unsettle Australia, they needed to score first. They had that 40/20 attempt that the officials stuffed up and should have got the ball back, but what they were dishing up with the ball, highly doubt they would have even scored then.

I thought they started the better of the two. The early kick from Harris-Tavita may not have received the result it deserved but it unsettled the Australians and the Aussies kept turning the ball over on the 50. They just needed to execute better on good ball. They created opportunities with second phase but it'd either die with the recipient who thought run instead of pass or the halves would mis-time the spread.

When they created time and space for Suaalii they looked threatening.

However the shocking kick from Luai was so bad that the Samoans couldn't regroup.

It was their defence that really hurt them. Milford was too easy a target and the forwards could not maintain any semblence of line-speed. The try to Tedesco was just far too easy at that stage of the game.

Still 10-0, if Milford holds the ball and gets on the outside of Wighton Samoa go close to scoring at a pivotal time. Instead he juggles and Australia go 90 to score.

Angus Crichton had his two ban downgraded at the judiciary. he'll now only serve one match.

he was originally charged with a grade B reckless striking ... but it was downgraded to a grade A.

he'll serve his ban for the Roosters in 2023

Angus Crichton had his two ban downgraded at the judiciary. he'll now only serve one match.

he was originally charged with a grade B reckless striking ... but it was downgraded to a grade A.

he'll serve his ban for the Roosters in 2023

For once, I'm happy about that, it shouldn't have even been a penalty, it was a complete accident.

Really.....?

If he even played half as well as you're suggesting, with the calibre of players around him.....we should have won by 60.

He's got a long way to go before anyone starts calling him a freak IMO.
I think he's a freak. In the WC Final he had 3 try assists, 4 line break assists, 126 run metres and a 40/20 - should've been MoM imo. He's got 2 premierships, a Clive Churchill Medal, a few Origin series wins and a World Cup now and he just turned 25. He's still getting better and has an age to totally dominate an Origin series or two which he almost certainly will.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • big k
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.