Robinson ready for shock return

Allo

Allo

State of Origin Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
This Saturday Julia Robinson will complete a stunning return to the NRLW competition.

Just a few months ago the possibility of being a part of the Broncos' NRLW premiership defence seemed unlikely.

A routine hit up in a game back in May left the Jillaroos’ winger with her leg broken in two places, as well as serious ankle damage.

Meg Ward and Julia Robinson lift the Inaugural NRLW Premiership trophy.

Meg Ward and Julia Robinson lift the Inaugural NRLW Premiership trophy.

But the Broncos immediately installed faith in Robinson by letting her know she was locked in for a contract for the 2019 NRLW season.

It set Robinson on a mission to prove her worth.

Somehow, five months later, Robinson has been given the all clear to take the field.

"I got the ball off the scrum and ran into the middle and was tackled by a few girls," said Robinson.

"One of the girls from behind fell on my leg and that is where it got crushed.

"Then an ambulance came.

"I pretty much begged the nurse to tell me what I had done and he said I had broken my fibula.

"I didn't believe it - but apparently I had also semi-dislocated my ankle.

"I thought: 'Great - that's me gone for the year.'

"I thought there was no chance a club would take me.

"I didn't want to be a hassle - I didn't want to be '50-50', because I want what is best for the team.

"But I told the coach I would work my bum off to get back."

On Saturday against the Roosters in Melbourne, Robinson's tenacity and willingness to work will pay off.

Article is mostly a transcript of the video at the top of the webpage (or this one if it doesn’t work: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/09/19/robinsons-stepping-stones-qscan/)

I’m stoked she’s back. She’s probably one of my favourite current players, regardless of gender.

One thing you notice about the women’s comp is they’re just happy to be playing. There’s very little BS that you get with the men’s game, like blokes sooking about wanting to change clubs or not putting in.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Skathen
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • Mr Fourex
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Accept
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Hurrijo
  • Porthoz
  • Pablo
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.