Rookie Round.

B

BRC088

QCup Player
Feb 7, 2012
So, at a recent water cooler discussion we were throwing out ideas for when teams have their origin players taken out for that round. One idea which I kind of liked was forcing all clubs to bring in rookies.

- The number of rookies is determined by the max. amount of players taken out for origin duties for any one team. (for example, if Broncos loose 4 players, ALL teams are to enter 4 rookies for that round).
- All teams are effected.
- Can select from outside the main squad. however must not have played NRL (or Super League) prior.
- Any position.
- All rookies must take the field at some point.

So, at a recent water cooler discussion we were throwing out ideas for when teams have their origin players taken out for that round. One idea which I kind of liked was forcing all clubs to bring in rookies.

- The number of rookies is determined by the max. amount of players taken out for origin duties for any one team. (for example, if Broncos loose 4 players, ALL teams are to enter 4 rookies for that round).
- Can select from outside the main squad. however must not have played NRL (or Super League) prior.
- Any position.
I’m not doing much. I spose I could chuck the boots on and have a go.

I’m not doing much. I spose I could chuck the boots on and have a go.

I've spoke to Kev and he's said you're definitely not getting a run.
Kev's got a few more relo's that he'd like to give the opportunity to.

No hard feelings.....thanks anyway.

I've spoke to Kev and he's said you're definitely not getting a run.
Kev's got a few more relo's that he'd like to give the opportunity to.

No hard feelings.....thanks anyway.
Too bad for all the fans that own the full kit but decided to get 9 on the jersey. I’ll ring Bennett, he’ll give me a run.

For Reddy?
........not likely mate.

- Any position.
Yeah let’s disadvantage clubs with 5-6 players out more than they already are. Great idea.

- Any position.

What are you guys putting in your water cooler....?

Ztu9Syp GIF by Sculpture

Maybe we could just do a comp wide bye for rep rounds?

Admittedly I did like seeing the nobodies come in for us, the baby broncs as they would call them. Don't really have the same shine anymore seeing as even the no names are known thanks to social media.

- Any position.

I like it ... with a few tweaks.

I'd probably allow fringe first graders who aren't in a teams regular 17 to play. they will need to have played less than a certain number of games for the season (and lets say less than 50 career NRL games)

What would be better is just having a mid week knockout comp like the old days but with those rules in place atleast till the quarter finals or something, having the later stages inline with the finals of the regular comp with the final played on the Saturday.

It would give advantage to teams outside the top 8 who are still in it, but also those teams who have had a bye in the top 4 who won their first week.

I have always been in favour of bringing back the mid week cup, but I think restrictions should be in place till the later stages, each team in NRL has a huge list of affiliate clubs they can look to, to fill teams for it.

There is no way in hell the TV companies wouldn't be in favour of it happening if it was tabled.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Swordfish
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Galah
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Lozza
  • Manifesto
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Midean
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wolfie
  • thenry
  • Tmac
  • winslow_wong
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.