Roosters vs Tigers *end game Spoilers*

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Rosters won after 100 minutes of play. Is it just me, or are these the absolute dumbest sides you've ever seen? It was incredible to watch, but the sheer stupidity was amazing.

Agreed. It's like they needed benji to show them what to do and the roosters just crumbled.

Fulton cost the Tigers the chance to win the game. Standing on the 30 metre line in front of the posts and didn't take the tackle.

I thought it was a pretty enjoyable game. Tigers are clueless without Benji.

No, Heighington cost them the game by standing over the ball after it came out of the scrum and not grabbing it! What a **** up. And after that beautiful hit on Warea-Hargreaves!

Is there a bigger dickhead than Warea-Hargreaves in the game?

Fozz said:
No, Heighington cost them the game by standing over the ball after it came out of the scrum and not grabbing it! What a **** up. And after that beautiful hit on Warea-Hargreaves!

Anasta? Carney?

Twiztid said:
Fozz said:

Anasta? Carney?

They're pretty big dickheads but W-H tops them easily.

Twiztid said:
Fulton cost the Tigers the chance to win the game. Standing on the 30 metre line in front of the posts and didn't take the tackle.

I agree about Fulton costing them the game, why he threw the pass in the direction of a prolific interceptor I'll never know - especially when it was the third tackle, 30m out directly in front. As you say, he should've just taken the tackle!

I ended up going to this game. It was a corker of a match to be at when you're not that invested in the result. I've never been so nervous in a non-Bronco game! Felt hugely sorry for the Tigers fans though - totally shattered.

Sounds like Benji won't play next week, that is if Manly doesn't pull off a miracle tomorrow and sends the Tigers (3rd placed) packing!

now that warriors are gone. lets go Roosters.

Ghibli said:
Twiztid said:

I agree about Fulton costing them the game, why he threw the pass in the direction of a prolific interceptor I'll never know - especially when it was the third tackle, 30m out directly in front. As you say, he should've just taken the tackle!

AT the time I was saying take the hit up.

The tigers had 3 chances to win the game:

The scrum debacle, why would you try a trick play then. Grab the ball and have a set of surrender tackles and kick the ball inot touch.

The robbie farrah/perrett 40/20. Good field position to take 3 or 4 hitups at the posts. What do they do go side to side and over the side line.

AND the intercept play. Again good field position but stuffed around with the ball.

I still cant believe they werent playing safety first footy.

Yep, don't know why Fulton threw that pass. There was very little to gain from it because it was so harbour bridge that if a tigers player had managed to claim it he would have been tackled anyway. Then they'd be stuck on a sideline trying to get the field goal.

I felt for the tigers. They did some stupid things but the efforts of Gibbs and Payten to block field goals in golden point deserved better. Don't know why Heighington didn't dive on that ball from the scrum. Ditto for Benji throwing punches at Pearce. The tigers should have been in a position to not be a risk of going into golden point.

Actually,imo the tackle on WH should have been a penalty and has been all year. He was hit full in the face and it does not matter which part of the tackler contacted that area. Deadset 2 points in front to win ,denied. Glad they got up as I've backed them at $7.50 and the Raiders @$67..yeehaa

Huge, did you think the tackle was a penalty live or after you saw a replay.

I thought it was a fair hit live but on replay was one of those iffy ones that sometimes get put on report just to get a penalty. I think they were scared to give a penalty that would decide the game due to the pasting they would and have received all year.

Pretty sure there were no penalties for the last 10minutes

The tackle reminded me of Karmichael's on Anasta a few years back. It was high, but JWH fell into it. It would have been a hollow way to end the game, but probably a penalty in other circumstances, so you've got to be consistent.

That 3rd no try of Gareth Ellis IMO was a bit harsh, I thought it should have been awarded.

I wanted the Tigers to win, but not upset that they lost.

Seeing as during the season, they won games that were gifted to them by some refs.

Browny said:
Huge, did you think the tackle was a penalty live or after you saw a replay.

I thought it was a fair hit live but on replay was one of those iffy ones that sometimes get put on report just to get a penalty. I think they were scared to give a penalty that would decide the game due to the pasting they would and have received all year.

Pretty sure there were no penalties for the last 10minutes
I agree completely. There has been plenty of shoulder to head contact tackles in matches that have been let go depending on the moment in the game. If WH didn't slip before getting hit and then was hit high, I would have been fine with it being a penalty.

Well, initially I thought he got hit highish but after the replay I was certain the point of contact was high. It is a penalty and the state of the game should be irrelevant if the referees and video people are there to ref instead of control a game. It has been a penalty all year but it is one of those things that occurs and is missed. Contact with the head with any part of the body is a penalty and fortunately the correct team won.

Active Now

• Redux
  • Allo
  • Behold
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Bish
  • Skathen
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Accept
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Hurrijo
  • Pablo
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • Battler
  • Brocko
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.