Roosters vs Tigers *end game Spoilers*

Brain farts galore but a very enjoyable game to watch.

Was just watching the replay of the Footy Show(sunday morning edition) and Sterlo and the rest thought the hit was a penalty for all the rounds of this comp although Fittler said play on. No doubt it was a penalty in my eyes but the refs could not give it due to the bad press they would have received. That is not a good thing because it allows the refs to influence the result rather than simply referee the spectacle and let the cards fall as they may

That's right Huge, penalty for all money. They need to grow a set and call it when things like that happen.
Luckily for them the Chooks won because they would have received heaps more bad press if that call was responsible for the chooks elimination.

That hit was NOT a penalty - we moan about refs using discretion and that was a prime example! Don't go by technicality - that was NOT a penalty in rugby league. NO WAY.

2nd of all unforgivable by the tigers IMO. 30 seconds to go - your scrum feed - MY GOD. Thank god it wasn't a GF.

That is sport though - the 'what if' moments get lost in history forever. I hope the Tigers learn from it.

That was a fantastic hit, and it was W-H that lowered his head onto it, not the other way around. There was no arm raised, nor any intention to hit high in that tackle.

The scrum that gave the ball back to the chooks on the other hand... How wasn't that a penalty? [icon_ee

P.S. I might be slightly biased given who the hit was put on. They should award a medal for that or at least honorable Dally M mentions... [icon_razz1

Sorry boys but making contact like that with the head is a penalty under the current rules of the game, it really doesn't matter what we think.

It should have been penalised but like all refs today they don't want to make a call that will decide a game, but they don't take into account that by not making the call they are in fact still making a wrong call which should have, in last nights game, put the chooks out of the finals.

I was dissapointed for the Tigers. The tigers were clearly the better side for most of the game. But the buggerising around with the ball too much cost them. I was literally standing up, screaming at the tv saying "take the tackle" then fell into my chair after the intercept. Fulton wasn't thinking straight at that time.

They need to learn that sometimes its just better to take the tackle then to run with it. I love watching them play, but their style of play just leaves me frustrated sometimes.

The loss of benji was critical. They lost his direction and ultimately lost the game.

The Rock said:
But it's a subjective rule and thus he refs have the right to use their discretion. It's not a black and white rule is it?
No, it's not subjective. The rule is that ANY contact with the head is a penalty, doesn't matter if the ball carrier is jumping, falling, or doing a cartwheel. If it hits the head, it's a penalty. The roosters wouldve had every right to be furious if they lost that match after not getting a penalty for the hit.

Having said that, I thought it was one of the best hits you'll ever see lol. Illegal by the terrible nrl rules? Definitely. A great 'real' rugby league tackle? Definitely.

Easily one of the best games of football ive ever watched, absolutely loved it.

Fozz said:
Is there a bigger dickhead than Warea-Hargreaves in the game?

there would be a few that are just as bad, i remember when i first saw him i loved how aggressively he played but know its just ridiculous like a roid rage overload

chazta said:
there would be a few that are just as bad, i remember when i first saw him i loved how aggressively he played but know its just ridiculous like a

LOLZ, that is exactly it!

The Rock said:
But it's a subjective rule and thus he refs have the right to use their discretion. It's not a black and white rule is it? And they got it right I reckon. Why?Dwyer first made contact with the chest. JWH chin hit Dwyers shoulder after the initial contact.

What's worse is that we are actually sitting here and discussing this! It was an absolute sensational hit and more hits like that should be encouraged.

I agree the hit was sensational but the rule is not subjective, contact with the head in that manner has been a penalty all year, I haven't heard any commentator from the telly or radio say anything otherwise.

It was an awesome hit, but the contact was with the head first. It's been a penalty all year so I don't understand why it wasn't a penalty now.

And it's because they didn't penalise it that Hayne let the scrum falling apart go. It should've either been a scrum penalty to the Tigers or repack it. But they felt like they'd given a harsh call against the Roosters so let it go.

The correct team won in the end.

The Rock said:
I actually don't agree that the first contact was with the head. It was on the upper chest and came up. The best thing about it was that Dywer made no intent to raise his arm or anything like that, in fact he was lowering himself to the body!

Aren't we all happy that it DIDN'T get penalised? Regardless of whether it's the rules or not, it's an great hit and these sort of hits should not be penalised. Maybe this non-penalty can be the start of some common sense.

This rule was brought in to stop players trying to shoulder charge people in the head, it was not designed to punish players for good tackles made that simply made contact with the head only because the opposition player was falling or whatever.

Yeahhhhh it looks good but it's a lot more dangerous than a swinging arm. If you go for the big play and it comes off awesome, but if you go for it and it doesn't work and you make first contact with the head, penalty.

The Rock said:
I actually don't agree that the first contact was with the head. It was on the upper chest and came up. The best thing about it was that Dywer made no intent to raise his arm or anything like that, in fact he was lowering himself to the body!

Aren't we all happy that it DIDN'T get penalised? Regardless of whether it's the rules or not, it's an great hit and these sort of hits should not be penalised. Maybe this non-penalty can be the start of some common sense.

This rule was brought in to stop players trying to shoulder charge people in the head, it was not designed to punish players for good tackles made that simply made contact with the head only because the opposition player was falling or whatever.

Plus it doesn't matter if it's first contact with the head or not. ANY contact with the head is supposed to be penalised.

If they had not penalised tackles like that all season I'd have no problem with it. But the fact is they penalised Gareth Ellis earlier in the game for a lesser tackle on Todd Carney. The one on JWH deserved it more than that one.

Intent is irrelevant.

Rocky, seriously.....it was a penalty all year and had it happened to a Bronco you would be singing a different tune altogether. The point of contact was the chin and never was going to hit anywhere else. If you think it was the chest you've been into the cough mixture a little too much.

The point is the tackler was aiming high and that is what's outlawed in the game, he clearly was targeting the head with his shoulder and could/should have been going lower.

Believe what you like, it is the common consensus with the league watching media that the hit was a penalty under the current rules.

The Rock said:
Just asking for some proper discreiton that's all.

Fine. Next season. This season the ruling is different and it should remain being applied the same way until full time in the GF.

Well Rock we can disagree but if he wasn't aiming high then WH must be at least 3 metres tall !!!!

and WH was not falling either, rather bracing for impact, he had not lost his footing, had not tripped nor was any other player involved, how you could say he was falling is beyond me !!!

thing is Rocky.....you never do seem to be wrong about anything.....

I'll leave it there as it's history now..feel free to have the last word...

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.