OFFICIAL Roster Tracker for 2022 and beyond

DIRECT YOUR COMPLAINTS AND CORRECTIONS TO @McHunt

PLAYER ROSTER FOR 2022 AND BEYOND
Salaries are pure speculation based on media reporting.

PLAYER
Adam Reynolds
2022​
2023​
2024​
Albert Kelly
2022​
Billy Walters
2022​
Blake Mozer
2023​
2024​
2025​
Brendan Piakura
2022​
2023​
2024​
Brenko Lee
2022​
Corey Jensen
2022​
2023​
Corey Oates
2022​
Cory Paix
2022​
2023​
Deine Mariner
2023​
2024​
Deloise Hoeter
2022​
Ethan Quai-Ward
2022​
2023​
Ezra Mam
2022​
2023​
2024​
Herbie Farnworth
2022​
2023​
Jake Turpin
2022​
Jesse Arthars
Loan to Warriors​
2023​
Jordan Riki
2022​
2023​
2024​
Jordan Pereira
2022​
2023​
Keenan Palasia
2022​
2023​
Kobe Hetherington
2022​
2023​
Kotoni Staggs
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
Kurt Capewell
2022​
2023​
2024​
Leivaha Pulu (train & trial)
T&T​
Logan Bayliss (development)
2022​
2023​
Patrick Carrigan
2022​
2023​
2024​
Payne Haas
2022​
2023​
2024​
Reece Walsh
2023​
2024​
2025​
Rhys Kennedy
2022​
Ryan James
2022​
Selwyn Cobbo
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
TC Robati
2022​
2023​
2024​
Te Maire Martin
2022​
Tesi Niu
2022​
2023​
Thomas Flegler
2022​
2023​
Tyrone Roberts
2022​
Tyson Gamble
2022​
Xavier Willison
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
Zac Hosking
T&T​

DEVELOPMENT

Logan Bayliss
Deine Mariner
Blake Mozer
Ethan Quai-Ward
Te Maire Martin
Xavier Willison

OFF CONTRACT 2023

Albert Kelly
Billy Walters (expect 2 year extension)
Corey Oates (expect 3 year extension)
Deloise Hoeter
Jake Turpin (won't be extended)
Ryan James (retiring)
Tyson Gamble (released to Knights)

STOCKS

Front Row
Carrigan, Flegler, Haas, James, Willison , Kennedy, Jensen, Palasia, Bayliss

Second Row
Piakura, Riki, Capewell, Leivaha Pulu (t&t), James, Robati, Oates, Palasia, Hosking

Lock
Carrigan, Hetherington, Hosking, Flegler, Leivaha Pulu (t&t), Robati, Palasia

Hooker
Turpin, Paix, Hetherington, Walters

Half
Reynolds, Gamble, Kelly, Mam, Staggs, Walters, Martin, Paix, Roberts, Turpin

Fullback
Niu, Farnworth, Cobbo, Martin, Walsh

Centre
Farnworth, Staggs, Niu, Cobbo, Lee, Capewell, Hoeter

Wing
Cobbo, Oates, Niu, Farnworth, Pereira, Quai-Ward (t&t)

ETHNO MAP

QLD (17)

Billy Walters, Brenko Lee, Corey Jensen, Corey Oates, Cory Paix, Delouise Hoeter, Ezra Mam, Jake Turpin, Keenan Palasia, Kobe Hetherington, Kurt Capewell, Logan Bayliss, Patrick Carrigan, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo, Thomas Flegler, Tyson Gamble

NZ (9)
Brendan Piakura, Delouise Hoeter, Jordan Riki, Jordan Pereira, Keenan Palasia, Leivaha Pulu, TC Robati, Te Maire Martin, Xavier Willison

NSW (8)
Adam Reynolds, Zac Hosking, Albert Kelly, Kotoni Staggs, Payne Haas, Ryan James, Rhys Kennedy, Tyrone Roberts

Indigenous (9)
Albert Kelly, Brenko Lee, Ezra Mam, Jordan Riki, Kotoni Staggs, Reece Walsh, Ryan James, Selwyn Cobbo, Tyrone Roberts

Tonga (5)
Brenko Lee, Delouise Hoeter, Leivaha Pulu, Kotoni Staggs, Tesi Niu

Samoa (3)
Keenan Palasia, Jordan Pereira, Payne Haas

Cook Islands (2)
Brendan Piakura, Xavier Willison

England (1)
Herbie Farnworth

2022 QCUP ALLOCATIONS

Souths Magpies

Ezra Mam
Kobe Hetherington
Tesi Niu
Cory Paix
Thomas Flegler
Albert Kelly
Blake Mozer
Brenko Lee
Corey Oates
Jordan Pereira
Adam Reynolds
Logan Bayliss
Ethan Quai-Ward

Norths Devils
Kurt Capewell
Herbie Farnworth
Tyson Gamble
Rhys Kennedy
Brendan Piakura
Jordan Riki
Kotoni Staggs
Ryan James
Xavier Willison

Wynnum Manly
Delouise Hoeter
TC Robati
Selwyn Cobbo
Pat Carrigan
Payne Haas
Corey Jensen
David Mead
Keenan Palasia
Jake Turpin
Billy Walters
Te Maire Martin
Deine Mariner

since he's 17, I doubt we can ...
Suaalii did it and that wasn’t even in a season where covid was merking half a squad at a time.

I’m not actually being serious though. It’d be terrible for his development but it would be a good spectacle.

Suaalii did it and that wasn’t even in a season where covid was merking half a squad at a time.

I’m not actually being serious though. It’d be terrible for his development but it would be a good spectacle.

working for uncle Nick has it's advantages ... besides i don't think he actually played before his 18th birthday

The use of development players is fair enough but the decision should have been made before now. If you knew you could use them it might influence your choices.

Do you take up a spot with a 17 year old Mozer who you’re not going to use or pick a player that can be of use?

I’d think you’d pick more Martins and less Mozers.

Is their 60k now on the cap?
I think you’ll find that the cap will be monitored fairly loosely in terms of development roles and T&T’s you’d expect the NRL would understand that greater sums of players willl need to be available and they need to be re-imbursed if they are to be relied on heavier than training duties as they are doing at the moment for a grand a week and more for devs players.

Edit: side note I believe that train and trials would be eligible in that development group allowed to play in rd 1. Same thing happens at June 30/ July 1 they are eligible (devs and T&T’s)

since he's 17, I doubt we can ...
Yes he can that rule has 0 merit to it now. The integrity of that rule has been cracked open and it will basically be a case of if you are out of school and you are 17 you will have no issue playing cause if they say no you just bring it right back to Sualli. If your in school well you might have to push a bit harder and someone in your pocket like Politis. Absolutely they have fucked that rule up by letting that kid play who not to mention was definitely not good enough and even made us look good. Mozer is out of school and I think they would find it very hard to stop him playing 9 months after the Sualli saga.

Yes he can that rule has 0 merit to it now. The integrity of that rule has been cracked open and it will basically be a case of if you are out of school and you are 17 you will have no issue playing cause if they say no you just bring it right back to Sualli. If your in school well you might have to push a bit harder and someone in your pocket like Politis. Absolutely they have fucked that rule up by letting that kid play who not to mention was definitely not good enough and even made us look good. Mozer is out of school and I think they would find it very hard to stop him playing 9 months after the Sualli saga.
And Sualli was still in school at the time of his debut studying for his HSC so Mozer would have a stronger case

And Sualli was still in school at the time of his debut studying for his HSC so Mozer would have a stronger case

Not sure about that, Mozer is a 60kg hooker playing in the middle. Big difference to a nearly 18 year old outside back.

My point wasn’t Mozer’s ability to play it was just now him and players of his development are wasted as a Development player a more experienced physically ready player would suit the role now.

Not sure about that, Mozer is a 60kg hooker playing in the middle. Big difference to a nearly 18 year old outside back.

My point wasn’t Mozer’s ability to play it was just now he is and players of his development are wasted as a Development player a more experienced physically ready player would suit the role now.

But isn't there still a cap discount if you keep a player on a development contract for 2 years.

if so, that could be a reason to "waste" a development spot on a highly rated junior in a key position

But isn't there still a cap discount if you keep a player on a development contract for 2 years.

if so, that could be a reason to "waste" a development spot on a highly rated junior in a key position

Yeah could be long term benefits but that won’t help you in 22 if you are down to Oates playing hooker.

Yeah could be long term benefits but that won’t help you in 22 if you are down to Oates playing hooker.

true ... although if you become that desperate, surely you can sign a guy from the QLD Cup on a short term train/trial deal.

in our case, we've already got Paix and Turps. and then if things get bad we've still got Billy Walters and Kobe Hethrington that could play there in a pinch

could be worth the risk.

true ... although if you become that desperate, surely you can sign a guy from the QLD Cup on a short term train/trial deal.

in our case, we've already got Paix and Turps. and then if things get bad we've still got Billy Walters and Kobe Hethrington that could play there in a pinch

could be worth the risk.

That is the question; before if you were busted up enough at a position you could ask for help- that’s how Bullemor made his debut. Are they doing away with that- we have already given you 10 extra players bad luck now.

In that case the development and readiness of your development players could be crucial.

I think the point 1910 is getting across regarding "wasting" a spot is in regards to the NRL changing the rules at the 11th hour again.

Teams with a spare development spot could go and give it to an experienced NRL player that doesnt currently have a spot and effectively expand their squad versus teams that have already used up all their development spots on young players with potential... the intended target for development contracts.

For example Ash Taylor is running around in ISC right now... warriors or someone could give him a development contract and start using him from round 1.

Whereas we have a 17yr old hooker who we have given a development contract to in order to lock him down for a few years until he's properly developed and ready for NRL.

Although we have given TMM a development deal already... so in a sense we are looking to take advantage of the rule anyway

My two cents on Billy and Gamble and who gets the 6, I think it is more planning for the future. Kelly is past (still decent, but injury prone good cover in need). Mam is young and a year under Arey and the FG boys will help him develop, probably seen as the long term 6. Te Marie Martin, a good pick up and hopefully he can get back to top level, has ability and experience, great cover and can cover if he gets back to top level.

Between gamble and Billy, I can see a world where Gamble is 14 who can play a lock role in the middle coming from the bench with his energy, his ball work and bigger body. Or even pushing Billy to 9 if need be in game, and coming on at 6.

Billy could also do similar from the bench, cover 9 and/or 6 if needed. The other thing is many have said Billy has the most similar game to Arey (organising hlf), with Kevvie as the coach could be future planning as he is the one to eventually take over from ARey but learn next to him atm.

We have guys like Tesi, Staggs, Cobbo and Haas who can create so if Arey controls and organises, Billy takes on teh line don't think it is a bad thing. We need to decide on a spine and stick with it through highs and lows though, we have had so many halves pairings in recent years it isn't funny.

In saying all of this I really feel if Arey stays fit, he will be the buy of the season. We turned a corner last season once Ikin signed I feel. So many games we could have closed out that we just faded if we had a half who can take control of the game.

I don’t see TMM getting a game tbh, but then I didn’t think Khunt would either…

working for uncle Nick has it's advantages ... besides i don't think he actually played before his 18th birthday
He was def under 18 when he played... They had to make him a special jersey that had no betting companies on it as sponsors.

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.