OFFICIAL Roster Tracker for 2022 and beyond

DIRECT YOUR COMPLAINTS AND CORRECTIONS TO @McHunt

PLAYER ROSTER FOR 2022 AND BEYOND
Salaries are pure speculation based on media reporting.

PLAYER
Adam Reynolds
2022​
2023​
2024​
Albert Kelly
2022​
Billy Walters
2022​
Blake Mozer
2023​
2024​
2025​
Brendan Piakura
2022​
2023​
2024​
Brenko Lee
2022​
Corey Jensen
2022​
2023​
Corey Oates
2022​
Cory Paix
2022​
2023​
Deine Mariner
2023​
2024​
Deloise Hoeter
2022​
Ethan Quai-Ward
2022​
2023​
Ezra Mam
2022​
2023​
2024​
Herbie Farnworth
2022​
2023​
Jake Turpin
2022​
Jesse Arthars
Loan to Warriors​
2023​
Jordan Riki
2022​
2023​
2024​
Jordan Pereira
2022​
2023​
Keenan Palasia
2022​
2023​
Kobe Hetherington
2022​
2023​
Kotoni Staggs
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
Kurt Capewell
2022​
2023​
2024​
Leivaha Pulu (train & trial)
T&T​
Logan Bayliss (development)
2022​
2023​
Patrick Carrigan
2022​
2023​
2024​
Payne Haas
2022​
2023​
2024​
Reece Walsh
2023​
2024​
2025​
Rhys Kennedy
2022​
Ryan James
2022​
Selwyn Cobbo
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
TC Robati
2022​
2023​
2024​
Te Maire Martin
2022​
Tesi Niu
2022​
2023​
Thomas Flegler
2022​
2023​
Tyrone Roberts
2022​
Tyson Gamble
2022​
Xavier Willison
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
Zac Hosking
T&T​

DEVELOPMENT

Logan Bayliss
Deine Mariner
Blake Mozer
Ethan Quai-Ward
Te Maire Martin
Xavier Willison

OFF CONTRACT 2023

Albert Kelly
Billy Walters (expect 2 year extension)
Corey Oates (expect 3 year extension)
Deloise Hoeter
Jake Turpin (won't be extended)
Ryan James (retiring)
Tyson Gamble (released to Knights)

STOCKS

Front Row
Carrigan, Flegler, Haas, James, Willison , Kennedy, Jensen, Palasia, Bayliss

Second Row
Piakura, Riki, Capewell, Leivaha Pulu (t&t), James, Robati, Oates, Palasia, Hosking

Lock
Carrigan, Hetherington, Hosking, Flegler, Leivaha Pulu (t&t), Robati, Palasia

Hooker
Turpin, Paix, Hetherington, Walters

Half
Reynolds, Gamble, Kelly, Mam, Staggs, Walters, Martin, Paix, Roberts, Turpin

Fullback
Niu, Farnworth, Cobbo, Martin, Walsh

Centre
Farnworth, Staggs, Niu, Cobbo, Lee, Capewell, Hoeter

Wing
Cobbo, Oates, Niu, Farnworth, Pereira, Quai-Ward (t&t)

ETHNO MAP

QLD (17)

Billy Walters, Brenko Lee, Corey Jensen, Corey Oates, Cory Paix, Delouise Hoeter, Ezra Mam, Jake Turpin, Keenan Palasia, Kobe Hetherington, Kurt Capewell, Logan Bayliss, Patrick Carrigan, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo, Thomas Flegler, Tyson Gamble

NZ (9)
Brendan Piakura, Delouise Hoeter, Jordan Riki, Jordan Pereira, Keenan Palasia, Leivaha Pulu, TC Robati, Te Maire Martin, Xavier Willison

NSW (8)
Adam Reynolds, Zac Hosking, Albert Kelly, Kotoni Staggs, Payne Haas, Ryan James, Rhys Kennedy, Tyrone Roberts

Indigenous (9)
Albert Kelly, Brenko Lee, Ezra Mam, Jordan Riki, Kotoni Staggs, Reece Walsh, Ryan James, Selwyn Cobbo, Tyrone Roberts

Tonga (5)
Brenko Lee, Delouise Hoeter, Leivaha Pulu, Kotoni Staggs, Tesi Niu

Samoa (3)
Keenan Palasia, Jordan Pereira, Payne Haas

Cook Islands (2)
Brendan Piakura, Xavier Willison

England (1)
Herbie Farnworth

2022 QCUP ALLOCATIONS

Souths Magpies

Ezra Mam
Kobe Hetherington
Tesi Niu
Cory Paix
Thomas Flegler
Albert Kelly
Blake Mozer
Brenko Lee
Corey Oates
Jordan Pereira
Adam Reynolds
Logan Bayliss
Ethan Quai-Ward

Norths Devils
Kurt Capewell
Herbie Farnworth
Tyson Gamble
Rhys Kennedy
Brendan Piakura
Jordan Riki
Kotoni Staggs
Ryan James
Xavier Willison

Wynnum Manly
Delouise Hoeter
TC Robati
Selwyn Cobbo
Pat Carrigan
Payne Haas
Corey Jensen
David Mead
Keenan Palasia
Jake Turpin
Billy Walters
Te Maire Martin
Deine Mariner

$500k!!! I say let him go it it comes to that much.

I am a herbie fan and think he would be a really good winger for us but I would not be going over 380k. He is a clean skin, hard worker, has speed and footwork and runs the hard yards.

However he does have holes in his game; like his ability to draw and pass or set-up his outside man (which has been widely discussed on these forums and would be less of an issue on the wing).

He has been criticised for his lack of tries but I think his attacking potency has been affected as we have not really played to his strengths. Glenn offered no attacking threat and rarely attracted defenders, our halves (played most of his games next to croft this year who was terrible) could not throw cut out balls, our fullbacks were very right sided players and rarely ran sweep plays to the left (and they themselves struggled with a simple draw and pass (they always tried to beat their man first), he'd had very little support to capitalise on his breaks or half breaks and rarely did we put short kicks or grubbers behind the line which herbie scored several of his tries from in the previous year (and this is something reynolds, gamble and Kelly can do well). He can score tries, in 2019 he was one of the top try scorers in isc, even though he spent several games in first grade.

In saying all that though, he is still a "potential" player and not in a "skilled" position, so we should not be paying overs for him. Capable outside backs are a dime a dozen and come through the system often or are already in the system waiting for their chance.

All this speed that Herbie is sposed to have ?
I have never seen him actually use it effectively . Like run around the outside of the defence or out pace the opposition to a kick . a la Addo Carr .

Over rated IMO . Selwyn is better .

Payne Haas is prolly just as quick as Herbie .

Yeah to me Herbie is one of those guys you want to stay and develop, but you don't lose sleep over if they move on.
He is probably a $350k player and if the coaching staff see something extra in him (like he might be good for training culture or whatever, good bonus stuff we might not see) you might push his value to $400k, but more than that and you start to worry about the cap balance.

I have never seen him actually use it effectively . Like run around the outside of the defence or out pace the opposition to a kick . a la Addo Carr .

The last time I can think of a player actually running around half the team to score was Roberts for us against the Roosters in 2018 (maybe ‘19, I can’t recall). Before that, it would probably be Leon Bott (with Berrigan screaming at him to come infield).

Even JAC or Hammer, with all their speed, rarely go the length all on their own because defences are just too good these days.

The NRL is not U/10’s where you just give it to the fast kid and he scores 6 tries a game.

Herbie definitely has a bit to work on, but his ability to make clean breaks out of nothing (again, this is the NRL) is not one of them. It’s not his fault there is never anyone supporting him when he does.

I think you'll find that he's one of the fastest in the NRL. He's also much more agile than the other players on the top speed list.

I hope he stays but 500k is too much for a centre/winger, especially considering how much we paid for Staggs.

The last time I can think of a player actually running around half the team to score was Roberts for us against the Roosters in 2018 (maybe ‘19, I can’t recall). Before that, it would probably be Leon Bott (with Berrigan screaming at him to come infield).

Even JAC or Hammer, with all their speed, rarely go the length all on their own because defences are just too good these days.

The NRL is not U/10’s where you just give it to the fast kid and he scores 6 tries a game.

Herbie definitely has a bit to work on, but his ability to make clean breaks out of nothing (again, this is the NRL) is not one of them. It’s not his fault there is never anyone supporting him when he does.

Doesn`t need to run around the whole team .
Just out run his opposite number ...

Listening to the six again pod with Ikin, I doubt we pay overs for any players in the coming years whilst he is there.
Was it worthwhile cause I got the impression it was quite a dull interview from the first few minutes.

Was it worthwhile cause I got the impression it was quite a dull interview from the first few minutes.
I thought it was pretty great. It’s only 30 minutes, put it on while you drive or something. Ikin doesn’t shy away from discussing any topic.

He speaks very openly about Haas and the negotiation process. Goes into detail about retention philosophies, and speaks on this years most likely starting line up.

Yes great insight into Ikin's thinking and paying for players. Future of players etc. Put it on 1.1/2 speed and it is like 18min.

Dark and moody one for @Huge 🍆

I watched a couple of last year's games. I really hope kevie starts hetherington at 13. Although he is not a big stat player (i.e. lots of metres), he has so many subtle aspects to his game that improve the team's performance.

- although he is not the biggest, he puts his hand up for the hard runs (I.e defence had the momentum) and although he may not make massive metres he gets quick play the balls to help the next runner
- he is a very good support player. If our other middles learn to throw a short ball to him before the defensive line We will be able to generate a lot of momentum up the centre of the field.
- he has great lateral movement in the defensive line and closed gaps which is why we looked better defensively with him on the field.
- although people say traditional tackling does not suit today's game, he hits in the copy book style that the player ends on his back and a team mate can wrap him up up top and control the ruck.
- if two players are holding a player he is often that third player to go in low (but safely) to finish the tackle (like melbourne).
- he clears the ruck and is not frequently left on the ground or out of position at the play the ball.

I see him being that grafter who just gets the shit done that doesn't earn applause, but wins you games.

Plus I don’t recall Hetherington dropping off any tackles and also pulling out some big hits. I can recall Carrigan dropping off many tackles that led to tries, though he certainly wasn’t alone there in that horror period.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.