Round 1 - Broncos vs Cowboys - Post Match Discussion

Big_Dave said:
3. Hoffman
2. Parker
1. Tronc

Click the link and vote, mate. icon_thumbs_u

Wallace needs to go away and never come back. Maybe we should trade him with a spastic kid.

Not enough metres made by the starting pack. Glen and Gillet ran sideways. Anderson got owned every single run he made. Teo is a better option IMO. Runs hard and Straight and never runs sideways. If our foward pack perform next week like they did today against a monster raiders pack we will be in for a long night. With Hannant back I'd like to see the starting pack look like this
8. Hannant'
9. Mac
10. Tronc
11. Teo
12. Thaiday
13. parker

14. McGuire
15. Gillet
16. Glen
17. Anderson

Im not to sure what the idea is with the utility player on the bench. Gillet, Teo and Glen are all able to play hooker, centre and even wing if need be so i think we are just waisting a bench spot. McCollough needs to start playing 80mins!!

I am sick to death of Parker, there is no doubt he busts his nut for the team but he is a play killer and always seems to have the ball on the last tackle why??? Wallace was what he is a good defender with no clue. Thaiday was rusty as he will be better for the run. Hoffman is brilliant, Reed looks a superb young talent. Can anyone explain to me the Gillett no try? I thought he was still in motion but it may have looked different on tv.

The Rock said:
Nashy said:
Wallace needs to go away and never come back. Maybe we should trade him with a spastic kid.

Using your logic, Macca should go and never come back either. When was the last time Macca had a good game? Seriously, he's played 43 games and only about 10-15 of them have actually been good.

He can go too. I don't care. Wallace was the stand out tonight. For all the wrong reasons.

People say you need a footy brain... I don't think the c*nt has any brain up there. Why on earth did we let Smith leave.

This club is dumb as shit.

Oh and Parker. Still not passing. But none of them were tonight. What's up with that. Did they not train how to pass, so... just not?

Bucking Beads said:
Can anyone explain to me the Gillett no try? I thought he was still in motion but it may have looked different on tv.
Worse part was the ref missing Bowen's little kick at the ball on the way down.

Round 1 and obviously a lot of work to do, especially around the halfback and hooker spots.

But I am not too concerned because put Hannant and Hodges out there tonight and I think we'd have won. Lockyer will be better when Hodges is there as well.

Parker I thought was our best player, shame about the goal kicking but you can't blame him because we should've had the tries on the board that goal kicking wouldn't have come into play. Hoffman was great as well and Anderson ran it really hard especially at the back end of the game. Great to see.

But as mentioned our halves and hookers - Wallace, McCullough, Hunt - they need to really step it up a notch or twelve. Just taking way too long to make decisions, and often those decisions are the wrong ones, in particular the ones from Hunt and Wallace to kick close to the line early in the tackle count.

Coxy - What was horrible about Beale? Apart from one knock on I thought he was solid.

Anderson was much worse in the first half, his performance aided the Cowboys. Second half he performed better.

Too flat, bad defence and no respect for the Cows. Didn't think it was as bad as some people are making it out to be, but definitely a performance we can improve upon - Hannant should be a big boost.

The Rock said:
Nashy said:

Using your logic, Macca should go and never come back either. When was the last time Macca had a good game? Seriously, he's played 43 games and only about 10-15 of them have actually been good.

Well one has to wonder when Macca will stand up and become the player he has the potential to be. He is so retarded he keeps trying that Dummy, I think it has worked once.

Oh and Thaiday needs a rocket. And that's not just from tonight that's from the last 6 or so weeks of last season as well.

Jeba said:
Oh and Thaiday needs a rocket. And that's not just from tonight that's from the last 6 or so weeks of last season as well.

coming off injury and with no trial games, give him a few and he will be on fire.

Bucking Beads said:
Jeba said:

coming off injury and with no trial games, give him a few and he will be on fire.

Hope so mate. He tried hard but I think that worked against him. After the Yow Yeh try we just needed to get to our kick and control the game, but we weren't able to do that after he dropped the ball second tackle.

Jeba said:
Bucking Beads said:
Jeba said:

Hope so mate. He tried hard but I think that worked against him. After the Yow Yeh try we just needed to get to our kick and control the game, but we weren't able to do that after he dropped the ball second tackle.

I think Thaiday is the least of our worries TBH. Dropped a few balls but that was all he did wrong really.

Jeba said:
But as mentioned our halves and hookers - Wallace, McCullough, Hunt - they need to really step it up a notch or twelve. Just taking way too long to make decisions, and often those decisions are the wrong ones, in particular the ones from Hunt and Wallace to kick close to the line early in the tackle count.

Yep, definitely.

My biggest gripe tonight was the complete lack of organisation whenever we'd come within 30m of the Cowboys' line.

There was no one calling the shots, no one setting up the plays. It was a case of everyone take a run till we reach the fifth tackle and then put in a kick. Utterly dire.

Can't wait till Hannant and Hodges are back.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Redux
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Porthoz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Accept
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Hurrijo
  • Pablo
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.