Round 1 - Broncos vs Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alec said:
Awful. We need Hodges and Hannant in the side ASAP.
+1000
Without Folau there anymore we desperately need Hodges and a forward who actually goes forward.

Big_Dave said:
Thaiday cost the Broncos the game.
That and 16 other players who couldn't hold a ball.

(And technically Parker with 1/3)

Well I have a few things to say, first of all I come into this season with an open mind. Players that did not perform for one reason of other last year I have forgotten.
1. Well done Cowboys
2. Our forwards - More talk then action, totally out played by the cowboys pack, worst player, Thiaday
3. Wallace, while a good defensive player has no creative ability, the only player I think is worse in this position is Hunt. Really good halfbacks are really hard to find, but ours would not make the top 10 or anyone's list.
3. Young players, while they have enthusiasm, lack experience, the Cowboys played to that and the results showed.
4. The Broncos were out played in just about all aspects of the game, lets not forget that the team we player would have been stone, motherless last if it had not been for the Storm.

Players I thought played well, Lockyer, Yow Yeh, Thronc (yes I know negative meters, but at least he tried) and Parker, the rest need to go back to school.

I hope that's the last we see of Thaiday as a prop this season. His ball handling isn't good enough for those heavy collisions to start with.

Was McCullough seen after the first 20-25 minutes?

I got the impression Lockyer was letting Wallace and McCullough/Hunt run things a bit in attack. Didn't really do much tbh. At least the great man looks like he'll go alright again this year.

Parker's kicking was disappointing, ball handling was atrocious and Hoffman made a couple of amazing one on one tackles.

All in all I think we have lots of room to go up with Hannant and Hodges to return. I can't see the Cowboys finishing ahead of us provided we get those two back.

Players I was happy with..

Hoffman - Looked dangerous a few times and very solid at the back.
Lockyer - Only one of our 4 "play makers" who wasn't crap (Wallace, Hunt, McC). Some quality kicks and good pass for Reed.
Parker - Aside from the obvious goal kicking thing. Wouldn't surprise me if he was the only forward to make more than 20 metres. Actually put in a good kick for Yow Yeh.
Reed - Went off injured, but I felt he was pretty good for his first game.

Even with the dodgy attack and forward pack, we could have won this game if we held onto the ball. Felt like I was watching an under-16s match with the number of errors. [icon_thumbs_do

Well Wallace continues exactly where he left off last season, he was atrocious.

Hoffman the shining light in an otherwise gloomy performance.

Atrocious!

Early days or not I just don't think McCullough has it. Drop him to reserves, Wallace to hooker and Hunt to halfback. As it is now Lockyer has to do it all and Wallace can use his very good defends in the middle where we suffer a lot.

broncospwn said:
Early days or not I just don't think McCullough has it. Drop him to reserves, Wallace to hooker and Hunt to halfback. As it is now Lockyer has to do it all and Wallace can use his very good defends in the middle where we suffer a lot.
McCullough isn't a bad defender though. He is one of the better defenders if anything.

McCullough's most most dangerous attack is probably his (predictable) dummy imo, and yet for some reason he never gets a chance to use it against tired defenders because he goes off the field too early.

Glenn to hooker for mine.
Mistake free footy and has a brain.

user_nat said:
Don't mean to be negative, but most other teams would have put 40 on us.

i just got home, but yes i agree, i said the exact same thing with 10 to go at the game.

im extremely disappointed.. well, to be honest, im actually angry... i dont think theres much more to say than that.

Baaahahahahaha. Gay Guy.

Man. Wallace has to be the worst fucking halfback in the god damned world. And Ben Hunt? Haha. Please.

I know it's the first round and all, but geez that was a woeful performance.

Will make a more detailed post a bit later on. Pretty pissed off with that showing TBH.

Baaahahahaha. People think Hunt is good.

ningnangnong said:
Pretty pissed off with that showing TBH.

funnily enough im glad im not the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • OnToSomething
  • Yellowfella
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.