PRE-GAME Round 1 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Vidot must not have put the effort in at training, because even if Bennett doesn't see him as the best option on the wing he is certainly a better option than Whitchurch on the bench.

or the people who are vocal about disliking reed and maranta are different to the people who are supporting them? both players have always split this forum..

2014: "Reed is useless, hes only in the team because our coach is a moron. If Bennett was our coach he'd never play first grade! Same with Maranta, that guy has bricks for hands and has bombed 150000 scoring opportunities. He's useless, Bennett hates players like him!"

2015: "**** yeah Reed and Maranta are in the team! They're both so great, Maranta has the speed of a gazelle and Reed is an attacking dynamo! Both are the best catchers of the high ball in the competition! What a masterstroke by Coach Bennett having them *both* in the team!"

And I thought the "Bennett won't bring Boyd to the Broncos, he doesn't play favourites" conversations were funny lol. This takes the cake. 2 guys who are among the worst in their position in the entire NRL and literally everyone on here wanted dropped last year are selected and now the decision is being applauded lol. Absolute gold.

The idea of quotation marks is to actually legitimately quote someone, not just create some crap to suit your agenda :lol: :lol: :lol:

2014: "Reed is useless, hes only in the team because our coach is a moron. If Bennett was our coach he'd never play first grade! Same with Maranta, that guy has bricks for hands and has bombed 150000 scoring opportunities. He's useless, Bennett hates players like him!"

2015: "**** yeah Reed and Maranta are in the team! They're both so great, Maranta has the speed of a gazelle and Reed is an attacking dynamo! Both are the best catchers of the high ball in the competition! What a masterstroke by Coach Bennett having them *both* in the team!"

And I thought the "Bennett won't bring Boyd to the Broncos, he doesn't play favourites" conversations were funny lol. This takes the cake. 2 guys who are among the worst in their position in the entire NRL and literally everyone on here wanted dropped last year are selected and now the decision is being applauded lol. Absolute gold.

No one is applauding it. Some are just okay with it. Probably not the same people that were calling for their heads. If you can find quotes otherwise go for it.

@Anonymous person I don't get what the people who like or dislike WB have to do with the people slamming Maranta/Reed for being in the side. It's not as simple as that, I want Bennett as our coach but I hate the decision of Maranta on the wing. Don't put us all into two categories

I'm happy to have Reed in the centres. He's going to be very handy helping protect Milford as he gets used to defending in the line. But I didn't think he was terrible last year, having a winger at 5/8 made the left side look shithouse most of the year. We could have had a gun centre and they still wouldn't have looked great outside Hoffman.
Plus Copley will be centre in attack anyway so that negates pretty much all tye criticism of Reed. Unless someone's going to claim he's shite in defence too.

Last edited:
fb post from vidot

11044587_1566185796962919_7431068286569107405_n.jpg

Last edited:
benny up to his old tricks using the pre-match press conference to take aim at the NRL and talk about the other team.

I don't think it's even a question, Copley is a better attacking Centre than Reed, he proved it last year that he was, the selection of Reed at Centre isn't about attack, it's a purely defensive selection, having a left hand side defence of Copley, Glenn, Milford would've been EXTREMELY concerning, hopefully Reed can cover any mistakes that Glenn makes.

Same sort of thing with Maranta over Vidot, it's a defensive selection, Vidot is a better attacking weapon, he would get us on the front foot out of our own end, but I can why Wayne would rather have someone who's renown for being great under the high ball than Vidot, who's questionable at best, especially against an attack like Souths.

Anti-Bennett crew can say what they want about how I've "Gone from hating Reed & Maranta last year, to loving them", that's not the case, I still think they're below average footballers, but I can see how the selections make sense for us as a football team.

That'll be the last input from me on the matter at hand, let's go Broncos!

or the people who are vocal about disliking reed and maranta are different to the people who are supporting them? both players have always split this forum..
When did Maranta ever split this forum? :laugh:

If vidot plays prop for the jets for a while you'd have to think his days as a brisbane winger are over, how's he going to improve as a winger playing in the front row

Astute observation- Vidot did it twice last year for the Jets; then played on the wing for Brisbane all year.

This is absolute gold.

This post should be used in English lessons as the perfect example of hyperbole and exageration. It's THAT good.

The Maranta/Reed/Vidot selection; I can see reason in it, but don't agree. If I was being malicous I might say the Maranta family connection certainly didn't hurt his cause. On the other hand, Maranta improved dramatically in 2014, especially under the high ball and finishing and was better than Vidot in the trials. Vidot actually looked a little off in Wigan.

But not as off as Whitchurch.

The Whitchurch selection. I think it is universally seen as an absolute dark horse at the very least. I would love for someone to explain to me what Bennett sees in Whitchurch to warrant selection, because I've missed it. Out of NRL for 2 years (where his last performance was an error riddled fullback cameo) and on the last chance corral. But for Burgess dropping the ball 5 times in his own 20m, Whitchurch was the worst player on the field. He got bitch slapped by the no name opposition centre all night, who even had the gall to hip throw him off the ball he disrespected him so much. He bomed a sitter of a try with indecision. He then did exactly as expected and went right back into his shell because his confidence was shattered.

I thought he was a roughie for Origin fill in at the very best behind Lowrie, Stagg, Jon Green, Wallace and the rest of the squad. He's a big body, but goofy. He's good for at least 1 drop ball a game and literally brings nothing other than size, and there are bigger and stronger options avaiable that aren't liabilities. Like putting Vidot on the bench, for example, if you're after a big centre/winger to sit on the bench and call him a utility, for whatever purpose you think that might serve.

On the other hand, Whitchurch might not even make the field. It might be a diversion to a last minute swap to Nikorima. It might be a rocket for Oates, Vidot and to push J Ofa and Garbutt. Bennett might be so disgusted in the current depth crop that he knows he has to play suprise selection games to lift the fringe players. It might be that Bennett wants to get the Whitchurch idea out of his head against the Rabbitohs in round 1, where there's nothing to lose.

Whatever, it's a weird selection. Fact.

But Bennett does some weird shit for unknown reasons. So long as Whitchurch doesn't drop the ball in the 10 minutes he might get tomorrow night, that'll do. I don't know what else you could possibly expect.

Maybe Vidot's future is in the front row. It's not like its never happened before, outside back to the front row, Ruben Wiki.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Dreaglor
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Hurrijo
  • Manofoneway
  • DrGee
  • Kenny powers
  • Scdeac
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Nightwatchman
  • thenry
  • LGH
  • bert_lifts
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • jarro65
  • Bucking Beads
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.