Round 1 Lineup

2. Oates.
3. Farnsworth
4. Tesi
5. Coates.

Find a 14 and 1 asap.

I don't want Oates in the side but I especially don't want him on a wing, he has just regressed too much. I thought Mead was alright on the wing, he just went to mud when Oates and Kennar went to second-row and centre respectively, not much he could do really when Kennar had one of the worst games I've ever seen and Oates wasn't much better.

Last edited:
2. Oates.
3. Farnsworth
4. Tesi
5. Coates.

Find a 14 and 1 asap.
To be honest I think we should be going with an extra forward at 14 if their isn’t a good enough utility and whilst I believe that Isaako could still possibly turn it around I really am a firm believer that we need to start Walsh he is so much better than any other option we could pick up... unless the broncos would consider loaning a player like Hoy, Rocco Berry, Nicho Hynes than that’s what we have to do, yes it could **** up but the broncos can’t keep waiting around for some miracle to come

To be honest I think we should be going with an extra forward at 14 if their isn’t a good enough utility and whilst I believe that Isaako could still possibly turn it around I really am a firm believer that we need to start Walsh he is so much better than any other option we could pick up... unless the broncos would consider loaning a player like Hoy, Rocco Berry, Nicho Hynes than that’s what we have to do, yes it could **** up but the broncos can’t keep waiting around for some miracle to come
Knights would probably be down for loaning Tex hoy

we can't start Walsh.
we also shouldn't start Walsh just yet

we can't start Walsh.
we also shouldn't start Walsh just yet
I understand we can’t cause he’s on a development contract but seriously he is our best option we should be playing him as it, none of this bullshit he shouldn’t be exposed to first grade nonsense he absolutely teared apart Wynnum in the trial and by the sounds of it he played quite well in the short stint for north’s in their trial... he is showing he is excelling in the q-cup level already I’m sorry but it’s not like this nonsense we got with Niu last year where he had done **** all to show he could play well against men and came out and played shit... Walsh has proven he is good enough that’s why to me it was vital for us to give him 10 minutes the game this week to see

I don't want Oates in the side but I especially don't want him on a wing, he has just regressed too much. I thought Mead was alright on the wing, he just went to mud when Oates and Kennar went to second-row and centre respectively, not much he could do really when Kennar had one of the worst games I've ever seen and Oates wasn't much better.
Oates was horrible last year and should have been dropped but if he can fix his issues he has upside on the wing especially with Coates on the other flank with two threats big and tall threats. Kennar is a winger only and is fringe first grade. Walsh should be the 14 in my view like Melbourne did with Pappy. I would look at Mead at Full back too as he played ok there in the Super league. Isaako' s positional play is ordinary and his defense is weak. He is good at broken play running but his passing game is not good enough either. I would look to move him on.

Last edited:
Oates was horrible last year and should have been dropped but if he can fix his issues he has upside on the wing especially with Coates on the other flank with two threats big and tall threats. Kennar is a winger only and is fringe first grade. Walsh should be the 14 in my view like Melbourne did with Pappy. I would look at Mead at Full back too as he played ok there in the Super league. Isaako' s positional play is ordinary and his defense is weak. He is good at broken play running but his passing game is not good enough either. I would look to move him on.
Papenhuyzen was 20 and had already racked up a couple of seasons in the Queensland Cup and was coming into a very settled and well drilled Melbourne team.

Walsh is 18, hasn't spent any real time in the Queensland Cup and he'd be walking into an utter basket case currently. I don't think this is a good comparison at all.

I’d strongly consider having Mead on a wing and Isaako at fullback and they swap in defence.

Isucko will never be a fullback.

I'd like to know where all the money from Fifita, Bird, McCullough and Boyd is gone? We need to be in the market buying a fullback as our options are trash.

Isucko will never be a fullback.

I'd like to know where all the money from Fifita, Bird, McCullough and Boyd is gone? We need to be in the market buying a fullback as our options are trash.
They’ve been put aside to resign players

Is khunt really a chance for making an nrl return? Can he play centre?
I’d take him just for his passion and leadership. We need some heart in the team and as much as he’s older, he’s got a lot of heart and would never question his effort.

I understand we can’t cause he’s on a development contract but seriously he is our best option we should be playing him as it, none of this bullshit he shouldn’t be exposed to first grade nonsense he absolutely teared apart Wynnum in the trial and by the sounds of it he played quite well in the short stint for north’s in their trial... he is showing he is excelling in the q-cup level already I’m sorry but it’s not like this nonsense we got with Niu last year where he had done **** all to show he could play well against men and came out and played shit... Walsh has proven he is good enough that’s why to me it was vital for us to give him 10 minutes the game this week to see
No, this is our problem as a club. Look for the new shiny toy whoever is playing barely any Q Cup then chuck them in. Let Walsh play q cup and getting used to playing against men before he plays First Grade. I hate them but the Storm do it right with their Juniors, let them develop then slowly introduce them. Our team is already full of kids, we need experience not another kid. Plus he is still on a development contract and the club most likely will bring him in maybe later in the year or if Isaako continues to **** up.

so your saying that staggs and Dearden shouldnt get a new contract
Dearden has done nothing overly impressive at all, but they could be because of our utterly useless forward pack.
Staggs is great in attack but one of the worst defensive centres in the game and will be coming back from an ACL. Wouldn’t be throwing the cheque book at him but I’m sure we will sign a 4 year $3m deal for him and he will spend the next 2 years on the sidelines before we pay half his contract and send him to another club.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • westy316
  • kman
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Wild Horse
  • Justwin
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • theshed
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.