Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I guess Manly didn't get the memo about the short kicking.

To be honest what are we meant to do when attacking the opposition line? Kick long? I've seen us go the short side, go wide, up the middle, chips, bombs, grubbers, run it... that's why the Bulldogs, Sharks, Rabbitohs and Sea Eagles struggled to contain us. The variety in our attack has been exceptional. If the winger jams in a long pass or chip over has found its mark, if they drop back for it early we spread it, if they don't do either we see grubbers and inside balls to players running lines, we see our centres getting on the outside of their opposite thanks to good line running along with halves and back rowers committing defenders to give them the chance to draw the wing in and put Oates or Cobbo away or go one on one with their opposite. The execution of all this lately has been poetry, but the variety we are seeing cannot be argued.

Deadset watch some replays of the last two games. Watch how the centres and wingers react when we spread it now. They have no idea, right now Reynolds is The Puppet Master and our forwards are giving him all the time in the world to pull what ever string he wants.

As for DCE...the only halve he was better than on the field was Foran, and 17 Broncos played who were all better than DCE.

Oh and welcome to the forums.
Opposition wingers and centres only have eyes for Staggs at the moment and leaving cobbo unmarked which was what Reynolds exploited against manly. I think teams will start marking up on cobbo now that he’s been scoring bags which only means Staggs will be cashing in again soon.

Clinical display mostly. So many green shoots starting to come through.

The best:
  • The team has patience and composure.
  • Our forward pack is resilient and brutal. We beat them into submission.
  • There are lots of small moments of commitment, something successful squads have in bucket loads.
  • We are playing smart football.
  • Arey directs and conducts - and the team is trusting him, and he is trusting the team.
  • Kev has got the balance of the squad close to as good as can be. No egos on field. A toiler hard work attitude exists.
  • Our centre/wing combos have meshed so well, can actually dangerous.

I am hoping that Herbie buys in and doesn't jump ship, because he is valuable. I think Oates will do this.
Niu and Turpin cant come back into this squad atm, it would piss the team off and upset the balance.
The best thing about Oates is when he got dropped last year, instead of kicking stones and then jumping on the first plane to Melbourne, he actually had a good look at himself, went away in the off season and actually realised he needs to be doing more to get the best out of his career and has came back probably the fittest he has ever been. Because of this not only is it put him back into career best form, he is adored by the fans even more.

If he takes unders to stay at the club, that will endear him to the fans for the rest of his career and he may end up a one club man.

Coates took the easy option and went to an established team with the best spine in the comp where he is gifted tries on a platter and everyone raves about how good even though all he is doing is finishing tries. Look at his game last night in those conditions against a side giving it to the Storm. 5 tackles with 3 missed tackles, 5 runs for 35 metres, 2 errors. Cobbo has already become a better defensive winger in 10 weeks than Coates has in the ‘Storm’ system

Turbo… Jurbo… Burbo…

Manly can have them because….

WE HAVE SURBO!

Attachments

• 9E164B06-2291-41D7-B514-4D29CA45CC31.jpeg
    9E164B06-2291-41D7-B514-4D29CA45CC31.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 85
The best thing about Oates is when he got dropped last year, instead of kicking stones and then jumping on the first plane to Melbourne, he actually had a good look at himself, went away in the off season and actually realised he needs to be doing more to get the best out of his career and has came back probably the fittest he has ever been. Because of this not only is it put him back into career best form, he is adored by the fans even more.

If he takes unders to stay at the club, that will endear him to the fans for the rest of his career and he may end up a one club man.

Coates took the easy option and went to an established team with the best spine in the comp where he is gifted tries on a platter and everyone raves about how good even though all he is doing is finishing tries. Look at his game last night in those conditions against a side giving it to the Storm. 5 tackles with 3 missed tackles, 5 runs for 35 metres, 2 errors. Cobbo has already become a better defensive winger in 10 weeks than Coates has in the ‘Storm’ system
Really dispels the myth that Storm make players better, they don't do shit, they just surround a few superstars with duds, who remain duds after they leave the club but look good while they're being carried.

Unless you're in the spine, you're just a worthless pawn piece to them, all they want from a winger is run fast this way.

Meaney was just as good at the Dogs, he was always a dangerous ball run er and Reimis Smith was a solid first grader but they go for players from low ranked teams to capitalise on the unhappy factors to pick up a bargain.

That's an obvious flaw in the salary cap but that's a different discussion.

Really dispels the myth that Storm make players better, they don't do shit, they just surround a few superstars with duds, who remain duds after they leave the club but look good while they're being carried.

Unless you're in the spine, you're just a worthless pawn piece to them, all they want from a winger is run fast this way.

Meaney was just as good at the Dogs, he was always a dangerous ball run er and Reimis Smith was a solid first grader but they go for players from low ranked teams to capitalise on the unhappy factors to pick up a bargain.

That's an obvious flaw in the salary cap but that's a different discussion.
And when another lower club is stupid enough to spend overs on the player they just replace them with the next one.

Opposition wingers and centres only have eyes for Staggs at the moment and leaving cobbo unmarked which was what Reynolds exploited against manly. I think teams will start marking up on cobbo now that he’s been scoring bags which only means Staggs will be cashing in again soon.

Or the flat ball to Riki .
Like Gamble was doing with TC Robati last week ? Two things I noted ,Gamble has good short passes .[The one on the inside to Oates the other night was sublime .] TC Robati has great hands . He was under a lot of pressure when taking those front man passes but never fcked up .

Actually SUPER satisfying to know that Coates got thumped in a Storm side.

I get the feeling staggs will have a massive game this week or next.

And the commentators were surprised Melbourne got booed. Just goes to show the NSWRL still thinks of the Storm as a "Queensland team" and fails to understand that we hate them probably more than the NSW'ers do.
And it was the whole crowd ... it was like the blues had run onto the ground.

Always reminds me of when Cam Smith got booed during his testimonial game

And it was the whole crowd ... it was like the blues had run onto the ground.

Always reminds me of when Cam Smith got booed during his testimonial game
It was funny because both sides got booed. Some will claim tall poppy syndrome, but i think it is a culmination of fans frustration with the crap the nrl and officials has let these two clubs get away with.

I get the feeling staggs will have a massive game this week or next.
Thats literally what that right hand side attack is based around. Getting the opposition to overcompensate for the threat of either Cobbo or Staggs. As a result than taking advantage in another area. E.g. kick over the top, cut out to Cobbo, Reynolds going himself, Staggs early ball, Short ball to Riki running a nice line. Cobbo is going to have so much pressure next week so I'm expecting either that left side to have the weight of traffic in the first half to put Newcastle off their plan then divert back to the right hand side attack or give Kotoni early ball and go berserk from there.

From the bottom of my heart, thank YOU South Sydney for not having the foresight to sign Adam for the two years he was chasing.

Discuss.
Haha well said mate… best bloody decision they’ve ever made for us anyway. He’s definitely got a point to prove and out to show the world what a mistake they made. Their loss is our gain.

Thats literally what that right hand side attack is based around. Getting the opposition to overcompensate for the threat of either Cobbo or Staggs. As a result than taking advantage in another area. E.g. kick over the top, cut out to Cobbo, Reynolds going himself, Staggs early ball, Short ball to Riki running a nice line. Cobbo is going to have so much pressure next week so I'm expecting either that left side to have the weight of traffic in the first half to put Newcastle off their plan then divert back to the right hand side attack or give Kotoni early ball and go berserk from there.
Wouldn’t mind seeing kotoni being used in set plays the same way as Corey Oates. He could hide behind play and drift over to the left to receive a short ball off gamble.

Active Now

• unnerv1ng
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.