Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Bang on for most of your points but the guys who stood up and carried us tonight were signed over the last few years. It's just that it takes a long time from recruiting the right guys coming through to when they're first grade ready.
Absolutely. Remember when we were losing and looking like wooden spooners the implication was Bennett left us with a wooden spoon squad, poisoned the well, Darius conspiracy to make Bennett look good, bullshit bullshit, etc. Funny we then go on to beat the best team in the game by outclassing them in every way with our two origin centres out. I love what Seibold is doing but the intellectual dishonesty from some on here borders on pathetic at times.

Easily our best win of the season, everything about the 80 minutes was damn impressive individually and structurally as a team. Absolute gem of a game.

Am I the only person who thinks there was no way in hell Tedesco actually grounded the ball for his try? I noticed when the video ref was talking through the play he said “and the roosters maintained possession” with no mention to the grounding of the ball.
Look at Tedesco himself and he was still fighting against the boys trying to ground it. Also if you look at the ref he wa sin two minds what to send it up stairs as and eventually called it a try. The guy had no clue what it was.

And wtf we're they thinking at the end awarding them that scrum penalty......A fukin scrum penalty to get them within 5 points and a chance of victory. To then follow it up with that 6 to go call was fukin putrid to watch. That's the kind of shit that makes me suspicious of the NRL officiating at times.

The penalty was for not packing the scrum in time. If it were a scrum penalty it would be differential penalty and they couldn't kick for goal.

No, I thought his arm grounded short and then rolled on to the defenders arm rising over the line and never falling back to the ground at any stage.
He was also still struggling to ground the ball when Kotoni had him well off the ground. It's not conclusive, but it usually suggests they didn't ground it on their first attempt.

But i agree on the 6 to go, i have no odea where they came up with that.

And wtf we're they thinking at the end awarding them that scrum penalty......A fukin scrum penalty to get them within 5 points and a chance of victory. To then follow it up with that 6 to go call was fukin putrid to watch. That's the kind of shit that makes me suspicious of the NRL officiating at times.
Until last night I assumed that shot clock penalties were differentials where you couldn't take the two points. It sounds like bias talking now, but I really don't like the notion of a team winning a game in the dying seconds because of a shot clock violation. What happens if the clock screws up by a few seconds - it's happened before.

Until last night I assumed that shot clock penalties were differentials where you couldn't take the two points. It sounds like bias talking now, but I really don't like the notion of a team winning a game in the dying seconds because of a shot clock violation. What happens if the clock screws up by a few seconds - it's happened before.
I want to know how they decided which team to penalise. The Roosters weren't ready either.

The thought process was obviously "Cronk would never throw a bad pass, must have been touched by a Bronco. Six again."

Which would make sense but there wasn't even a Bronco hand in the vicinity of the ball when the pass was thrown. I had a gutfull of booze but it was clear as day to me.

I thought Shiba was fucking excellent defensively and didn't look like a lost duck at centre. Him being a bit slow doesn't bother me if he's centre and I think the mistakes could easily be big game nerves for a rookie.

I'd be happy to see him retain his spot for a while. Roberts should not walk back in, fucking earn the jersey or stay in reserves. Great move by Seibold. I don't think it's a coincidence our back to back wins were after dropping two established players. It sent a message to the team that you either step up or play in ISC.

Last edited:
I want to know how they decided which team to penalise. The Roosters weren't ready either.
The rules are if one team doesn't get ready then they're penalised, if neithet team is ready then the team in possession receives the penalty.

Just watched the replay and tried to concentrate on a lot of things that have been said in this thread.

The only one I can’t agree with is about Gillett. I really concentrated on his involvement and he was very good. That set where we absolutely smashed them back every run was started by Gillett. He tackled hard all night and definitely doesn’t warrant any of the criticism he received on here.

Yeah I have only just learnt that being the defensive team, it is up to us to pack within the time limit. I had no idea. It still seemed like a rough call. Both teams should have to form within the time limit.

Just watched the replay and tried to concentrate on a lot of things that have been said in this thread.

The only one I can’t agree with is about Gillett. I really concentrated on his involvement and he was very good. That set where we absolutely smashed them back every run was started by Gillett. He tackled hard all night and definitely doesn’t warrant any of the criticism he received on here.

He deserves it for that bombed try, awful. Otherwise he was great.

Labor will shit in. You might say the Broncos won against the odds but few expected a win not NO ONE.
Unfortunately, you are probably right again about Labor. Although, it might be closer than some expect. Well done on your Bronco tip. I guess it's appropriate that BHQ's best contributor picked it when ALMOST no one gave them a chance. I was one of the 99.5% who didn't.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Santa
  • MrMoore
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Alec
  • johnyE
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  • Griffo
  • Tim K
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behold
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.