/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Great performance.
Defence was composed, attack was good in parts though is still work in progress.
Looked like Mitchell was not 100% though didn't he?
I think it was a mature performance. They were happy to play the possesion and field position game (a 2006-2011 locky staple). Didnt panic about not getting points early, just kept them up their end.

You are, that's a fact. While others celebrate a victory over the reigning premiers, you are still trying to find negatives in the coaching staff. The very staff that have made serious changes to the squad to give us another win in a dismal season.

Read post 12 of this thread mate.

The comment about Fifita was said as a joke and a bit of banter. That’s why I signed off with ‘there ya go’.

Even though he definitely needs more minutes.

Last edited:
Gould was cheering for the Roosters, up until the 72nd minute. It was disgusting to listen to. Then he suddenly changed his tune.
Funny you noticed. I said to my misses ' oh look here goes Gould jumping on our train'. He tipped the Rorters and was Illinois them to find something special when they took the two. That shite about the win means absolutely nothing if we don't win next week is pure dribble from him to. That win was worth so much in terms of building team confidence, team unity and letting young guys know what it's like to be in an arm wrestle. If they had have lost it would have shattered a few of them for weeks.

Gould talks all kinds of garbage at times. Wonder how his Panthers are going with all that wisdom at their disposal. Oh that's right he's been given the arse.

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll....................

We're the Broncos
The mighty Broncos
We keep fighting every second till the end

We're the Broncos
The greatest team on earth
We're the heart of all Queensland

Never stop
We never rest
On and on
We beat the best
Never giving up we bleed maroon and gold

For the league
We risk it all
Miles above
We're standing tall
We're the finest and the greatest club of all

We're the Broncos
The mighty Broncos
We keep fighting every second till the end

We breathe in our soul
The best game of all
We are the Broncos of Queensland

Hey!!

Last edited:
Mmmm... feels so good to beat the Salary Sombrero team and Latrell....hahaha EAD!

Actually a really good game from both teams, actually giving it to each other.

The fact that we hung tough and ground out a win is the most impressive thing for me. Exactly what I want to see. The polish will come in time, but playing like that will see us at the right end of the table sooner rather than later.

Couldn't be prouder of the boys right now to be honest.

Congrats to Seibold and his team. He has copped so much garbage this year so far and for every time he has copped flack for 'blowing up' the restraint he has shown has been admirable. His work and our is by no means finished but this shows that we are absolutely on the right path.

Read post 12 of this thread mate.

The comment about Fifita was said as a joke and a bit of banter. That’s why I signed off with ‘there ya go’.

Even though he definitely needs more minutes.

Banter?

You're so fixated on being right that you've lost the plot.

Fifita's minutes was a joke, hold on, it definitely wasn't a joke, I meant everything I said. Let's contradict myself and never accept that I'm wrong.

Banter?

You're so fixated on being right that you've lost the plot.

Fifita's minutes was a joke, hold on, it definitely wasn't a joke, I meant everything I said. Let's contradict myself and never accept that I'm wrong.
You’re reading comprehension is fucking cooked.

You’re reading comprehension is fucking cooked.

Love how you have no idea what they should do, but know exactly what they shouldn't do... Lol

Fifita got the game time tonight that we needed. Other games bench players get more, sometimes they get less. There is no 'perfect' number as it depends entirely on the game situation.

Hope you're starting to defrost that humble pie, with your earlier comments about Seibold's coaching ability...

Can’t wait to see what Tallis slams the Broncos about this week on Triple M. Going to be a stretch for him this week but he no doubt will find something.
I think it will be along the lines of Segeyaro mixing some marching powder in the Gatorade before the match 😳

I'm still shaking my head at how good our forwards played tonight as a pack and individually, warts (there were a few) and all. Outclassing the NRL benchmark pack is no small feat, especially for such a young set of forwards. One other thing I noticed, and Seibold commented on, was the offloading to break up the chooks defensive line. TPJ and Haas in particular - top class, just outstanding, as was this coaching tactic.

As for Fifita's minutes, well, he did the job he was tasked and the team benefitted accordingly. I have no complaints, especially when I remember him busting through Mitchell, or simply watching his fire and determination every time he runs. What a beast.

Last edited:
Stunning performance and one that absolutely no one seen coming. 60% possession, 300 more rushing metres and dominant territory wise. Maybe there is hope for these guys yet. They need to back this up in NZ next week with another win and if they can, then a playoff spot may be possible.

What??? only 15mns game time......Fifita smash!!

Attachments

• DF_Hulk.PNG
    DF_Hulk.PNG
    184.4 KB · Views: 76
@bb_gun @broncsgoat and anyone else involved in this annoying back and forth, quit it!

We don’t care who started it, we’re finishing it. It is unnecessary rubbish clogging up what should be a great, positive thread. Keep it up and further action will be required.

Talk about the game!

Thanks Sproj,
I'd always heard it takes 2 to tango but that is clearly wrong. Makes this thread a chore to read.

So proud of the boys tonight. They played with spine, they stayed in the arm wrestle even when things (refs, bounce of the ball etc) started to pile up against them. The last few weeks they would have thrown in the towel. This was a turning point.

I'm still shaking my head at how good our forwards played tonight as a pack and individually, warts (there were a few) and all. Outclassing the NRL benchmark pack is no small feat, especially for such a young set of forwards. One other thing I noticed, and Seibold commented on, was the offloading to break up the chooks defensive line. TPJ and Haas in particular - top class, just outstanding, as was this coaching tactic.

As for Fifita's minutes, well, he did the job he was tasked and the team benefitted accordingly. I have no complaints, especially when I remember him busting through Mitchell, or simply watching his fire and determination every time he runs. What a beast.

I’d disagree on their pack being the benchmark. Their backline is ridiculously talented and stacked but it’s an average pack. The teams who’ve beaten them or gone close (Souths, Storm, Broncos) have packs that when played to potential just dominate them and that backline can’t play out.

Last edited:
It's this sort of team performance that could make Roberts want to change his attitude. I still believe a motivated and interested Roberts is what the team needs, particularly towards the latter part of the season. The ball is in his court now, and he is the only one that can make himself become the player that Seibold wants him to be.

In saying that, Shibasaki definitely proved to some people that he can hold his own in first grade. Coming up against Latrell Mitchell is no small feat and he definitely played a part in containing him. He is still finding his feet, but I am interested to see what his best form resembles.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.