Round 10 - Cowboys vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It isn't easy being the little brother.

Just ask the North Queensland Cowboys. Ever since they joined the competition in 1995, they've had to settle in the shadow of the Brisbane Broncos who have occupied prime time football for as long as they've been around.

However the tide has been slowly but surely turning.

With the likes of Johnathan Thurston, Mat Scott, Lachlan Coote and Michael Morgan on their books the Cowboys have formed one of the best units in the competition going on a run of six games which could extend to a record equaling 7th.

If you asked some pundits, they'd tell you 2015 is their year.

However the Brisbane Broncos see things differently.

Under the guidance of Wayne Bennett the Broncos have regained that winning aura that had often eluded them under their other charges. That belief that we're going to win and there is nothing you can do to stop us. It's that belief that saw Ben Hunt dummy and go past Maloney, Milford race 90m untouched and Oates crash over a desperate defence.

It's the type of determination they're going to need tonight.

Because tonight is no simple game of Rugby League. For some members of the crowd, this is as big as State of Origin. It's a game built on pride - where good ol' fashion ribbing is on the line and plenty of pride is at stake.

While NSW have City vs Country, there is no better Origin test than a Cowboys v Broncos game and you've got a chance to watch it at 7:30pm (Queensland time).

Looks like we're up 10-0 in the NYC. According to twitter. I'm super excited for this game. Cowboys don't like the pressure of being favourites against us.

14-4 in the NYC with a try from Sam Lavea

Can't wait to watch this game, albeit delayed, and avoiding all forms of social media and cowboys mates.
**** you NSW

Jack Tuttle with a double. 24-4 with 3 minutes before half time.

It isn't easy being the little brother.

Just ask the North Queensland Cowboys. Ever since they joined the competition in 1995, they've had to settle in the shadow of the Brisbane Broncos who have occupied prime time football for as long as they've been around.

However the tide has been slowly but surely turning.

With the likes of Johnathan Thurston, Mat Scott, Lachlan Coote and Michael Morgan on their books the Cowboys have formed one of the best units in the competition going on a run of six games which could extend to a record equaling 7th.

However the Brisbane Broncos see things differently.

Under the guidance of Wayne Bennett the Broncos have regained that winning aura that had often eluded them under their other charges. That belief that we're going to win and there is nothing you can do to stop us. It's that belief that saw Ben Hunt dummy and go past Maloney, Milford race 90m untouched and Oates crash over a desperate defence.

It's the type of determination they're going to need tonight.

Because tonight is no simple game of Rugby League. For some members of the crowd, this is as big as State of Origin. It's a game built on pride - where good ol' fashion ribbing is on the line and plenty of pride is at stake.

While NSW have City vs Country, there is no better Origin test than a Cowboys v Broncos game and you've got a chance to watch it at 7:30pm (Queensland time).

Someone got a job with Channel 9 obviously....

BP is Gus Gould with a brain. I totally read that in Gus' voice

You're too kind.

Was aiming for Rabs, but I'll happily accept Gus.

Good performance from the NYC side so far minus Taylor. Cows tend to play well in the second half so the boys will have to ride the momentum if they're to win this.

Worth noting that they're without Smith & Kikau for this clash.

20's up 38-4 now.

Hoping Molo shows us a bit of his talent tonight.

He remains a bit of a mystery man to me

Glamour night here Townsville, I'm perched on the hill with a coldy and I reckon it's gonna be a cracker

He exists for as long as Shaun Johnson does every week. About 7 minutes.

But those 7 SJ minutes are orgasmic! I'd die a Pearce Hawthorne like death if SJ showed up for the full 80.

Haven't they been saying that for about 6 years now. One year they are going to be right.

Game plan for tonight, bomb the **** out of O'Neill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Stix
  • LittleDavey
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • I bleed Maroon
  • heartly87
  • NSW stables
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • broncoscope
  • Wolfie
  • whykickamoocow
  • Skathen
  • Behold
  • Strop
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.