Round 11 Discussion

If the Sharks get beaten and we win well, we're in the 8

Seems like the eels are shit again. Resume normal transmission.

Watching a bunch of wingers out of position trying to pass is infuriatingly frustrating. Blake Ferguson just now was the perfect example.

Moving Ferguson was such a weird move, he's still their best winger, and one of the best in the comp, but he hasn't been a good centre in years (if ever).

Watching a bunch of wingers out of position trying to pass is infuriatingly frustrating. Blake Ferguson just now was the perfect example.
Mate he had to catch first before he could pass. I think he put four balls down.
Fittler must be shaking his head in disbelief as this was supposed to be Fergo's big push for an origin return.
80 odd minutes of our lives where watching the hair on your balls grow would have been more suspenseful.

On a positive side, hopefully scoring a try guarantees Cleary's Origin spot.

Anyone give Penrith a chance tonight ?

I mean aside from me? I've backed them a few different ways and they're the first leg in my quady! I have no idea why, maybe due to all the adverse publicity or just that it's a numbers game, play often enough a win will eventually happen. Realistically they are no chance but...
Yup, I tipped them too... Maloney out automatically improved their chances.

"Proud and Deadly"

Wtf is that supposed to mean lol

My farts.

On the Eels game, Panthers are glad to get the win, but the only reason they got there was Ferguson putting down 3-4 easy passes while he was running good lines. Early in the tackle count too. Cleary may have scored that try but he was shit otherwise, plenty of derps in the final 20 minutes, so glad that the win secures his spot in Origin, as he'll do Qld's chances plenty of good.

Cleary fucking sucks, if he is named as expected in origin our odds should drastically improve.

I've lost count on the amount of times a player would be struggling going into Origin and then boom, suddenly they grow an extra leg and play like their life depended on it.

Origin can have that affect on players.

If Cleary plays, he won't be playing in a team full of spuds. That alone could make a difference to his performance in Origin.

I've lost count on the amount of times a player would be struggling going into Origin and then boom, suddenly they grow an extra leg and play like their life depended on it.

Origin can have that affect on players.

If Cleary plays, he won't be playing in a team full of spuds. That alone could make a difference to his performance in Origin.

Cleary played in a pretty good Origin team last year, and despite them winning, Cleary was pretty much invisible the whole time.

My farts.

On the Eels game, Panthers are glad to get the win, but the only reason they got there was Ferguson putting down 3-4 easy passes while he was running good lines. Early in the tackle count too. Cleary may have scored that try but he was shit otherwise, plenty of derps in the final 20 minutes, so glad that the win secures his spot in Origin, as he'll do Qld's chances plenty of good.

giphy.gif

I have a rule about tipping teams in horrible form so I didn't back Penrith, but I'm not shocked by the result. Firstly, Parramatta have been in poor form themselves and the make-up of their side didn't look great on paper. Second, Penrith looked much improved on paper with Mansour and RCG back after serving their penance. I agree with @Porthoz that Maloney's suspension was a blessing and the decision to drop DWZ was a good call as well.

I also want to point out Fisher-Harris played at lock and looked much improved before coming off with an HIA. I heard Rabs compare him to Webby, but I'd like to think of him more like Gordie. The key to Tallis' game was that he rarely played the full 80. He'd come on for 20-25 minute intervals and assert his dominance, if he stayed any longer he'd become a sitting duck. For mine, Fisher-Harris is the same style of player and should be used as such.

Also, I don't think it's any coincidence that Cleary's best game coincided with Maloney's suspension. They've rarely combined well, even at Origin level, Cleary was forced to take a back-seat and allow Maloney to run the ship. Last night, Cleary had more time to take control of the side and he relished that extra bit of responsibility.

As improved as Penrith was, the Eels should have won. Ferguson had a mare and the Eels had no other ideas. I thought Will Smith and Clinton Gutherson needed to lend Moses a bigger hand. I'm not sure if this was a case where Moses insisted on being the focal point of the attack, but the defence was reading everything.

I have a rule about tipping teams in horrible form so I didn't back Penrith, but I'm not shocked by the result. Firstly, Parramatta have been in poor form themselves and the make-up of their side didn't look great on paper. Second, Penrith looked much improved on paper with Mansour and RCG back after serving their penance. I agree with @Porthoz that Maloney's suspension was a blessing and the decision to drop DWZ was a good call as well.

I also want to point out Fisher-Harris played at lock and looked much improved before coming off with an HIA. I heard Rabs compare him to Webby, but I'd like to think of him more like Gordie. The key to Tallis' game was that he rarely played the full 80. He'd come on for 20-25 minute intervals and assert his dominance, if he stayed any longer he'd become a sitting duck. For mine, Fisher-Harris is the same style of player and should be used as such.

Also, I don't think it's any coincidence that Cleary's best game coincided with Maloney's suspension. They've rarely combined well, even at Origin level, Cleary was forced to take a back-seat and allow Maloney to run the ship. Last night, Cleary had more time to take control of the side and he relished that extra bit of responsibility.

As improved as Penrith was, the Eels should have won. Ferguson had a mare and the Eels had no other ideas. I thought Will Smith and Clinton Gutherson needed to lend Moses a bigger hand. I'm not sure if this was a case where Moses insisted on being the focal point of the attack, but the defence was reading everything.
Good call Pete. The only thing I would add was that Parra's forward pack resembled a damp firework, they just failed to fire up. So much muscle and all they served up was gristle.

Proctor should have gotten 10
[automerge]1558686021[/automerge]
correct call

Last edited:
If that's a penalty then surely Elliott should be in the bin?

How bad is Thompson's attempted neck tat?
How embaressment.

Honestly, why are the Titans in the comp?

Active Now

• Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Morkel
  • GCBRONCO
  • Old Mate
  • Bronx48
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Culhwch
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • westy316
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.