Warriors

Kickoff In:

McLean Park

Saturday
Afternoon
17:30

Broncos

Team Lists

Is this the Broncos doing what the NRL hasn’t managed to do yet ?
0AB3ABB9 E689 49D6 A65A 527D27267452

I don't see Souths winning tbh, Raiders are almost full strength, both teams came off a loss from a good run but Raiders have the players to do something about it.
Cook will probably have a good game (trying to prove a point to NSW selectors). Plus they still have some great talent.

Can anyone shed some light on how the weather is looking for tonight over there?

I think if we can get off to a good start we're a good chance of upsetting the bookies. We've got Gerard Sutton reffing the game which, let's face it, has got to better than Klein or that fool who got dropped after the Storm schmozzle.

Looking forward to seeing how Piakura, Willison, Mariner and Sailor step up. If all four are able to reproduce their current Q cup form at NRL level we'll be able to seriously test the Warriors.

The Warriors though have been playing some real good footy too. I'm just holding my breath to see who gets the rub of the green as both have notoriously been getting dudded in that department most weeks. It would be refreshing to see a game where the officials take a backseat and allow a real game to breakout.

Can anyone shed some light on how the weather is looking for tonight over there?

I think if we can get off to a good start we're a good chance of upsetting the bookies. We've got Gerard Sutton reffing the game which, let's face it, has got to better than Klein or that fool who got dropped after the Storm schmozzle.

Looking forward to seeing how Piakura, Willison, Mariner and Sailor step up. If all four are able to reproduce their current Q cup form at NRL level we'll be able to seriously test the Warriors.

The Warriors though have been playing some real good footy too. I'm just holding my breath to see who gets the rub of the green as both have notoriously been getting dudded in that department most weeks. It would be refreshing to see a game where the officials take a backseat and allow a real game to breakout.
Hang on hang on. Wasn't Sutton the video ref in that Storm game? If so he was the dude that kept stuffing up, not Todd Smith.

Meh!!! The Broncos still have 3/4 of their spine which includes their skipper. Add to that, their regular centre duo and a edge forward who was inexplicably dropped from Origin and will be keen for a big outing.

That should be enough to overcome a Warriors side which really isn't very good despite their very misleading spot on the ladder. They certainly won't be figuring in playoff calculations. Brisbane by 7.

Hang on hang on. Wasn't Sutton the video ref in that Storm game? If so he was the dude that kept stuffing up, not Todd Smith.
Not sure but I wouldn’t in any way shape or form absolve smith for some of the howlers he came up with.

If Warriors and Brisbane play...what kind of cooked Bunker calls are we going to get.

Good 'ol ANZ stadium. A terrible place to watch RL but always an excellent atmosphere as it was always at near capacity or greater. Back in those days Ch 9 used to show a 60 min edited version of the game at 5 PM Sunday with Chris Bombalas as head caller. Most games were staged on Sunday arvos at 3 PM.

These days with every game televised live probably prevents these massive crowds from occurring on a regular basis again especially when the bulk of matches are staged on Thursday and Friday nights.

Great memories for me of that ground and considering that it was during the Bronco's golden era makes it even better.

The aluminum bench seating was uncomfortably cold in the middle of winter, but you sure could make some noise stomping your feet as the opposition kickers took their shots at goal.

A pretty ordinary rugby league ground, annoyingly hard for a northsider to get to, but I still have lots of fond memories - the Super League GF and Origin III in 2001 being standouts.

If Warriors and Brisbane play...what kind of cooked Bunker calls are we going to get.
Can you imagine if that red head ref was running this game?
Two of the worst calls all year were from him in a warrior and bronco game respectively.

This game is winnable if we get the fundamentals right and put in for the whole 80. We can't let them get off to a good start by putting on a few tries early.

If we keep dropping the ball, not completing our sets and not wrapping up the ball, it's going to be a long game.

We've shown we can still attack well without our Origin stars.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.