PRE-GAME Round 13 - Broncos vs Titans

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Yeah, just another 80 minute performance please.

Sometimes when we dominate teams early, we shut down and dont really compete at the end of the game and the opposition get consulation tries. Like the cowboys game this year. Our last 15 mins was actually pretty poor/lazy.
Young teams are especially prone to clocking off when leading well. That's where Glenn, Milford,Oates and Boyd should be screaming at the troops. We need to profit when we can. Getting a reputation for being ruthless is a good goal.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
I reckon we (us fans for sure and the playing group to some extent) always take the games against the sides that are not doing well lightly. In return, we get flogged. Every year we loose 2-3 games like these and will fall behind on the ladder come semi-finals.

This year, we had 2 such thus far against Draqueens & Tigers. Hope we won't have any such repetition for the rest of year. Don't take any game lightly and just turn up to every game like we did against the Syd Rotters and we will every damn game including the big one in October.
Won't happen. 13+ Broncos. That game in NZ will stand them in good stead. Fresh as a daisy and with a winning feeling.

Accept

NRL Player
Sawtell
And you'll get the two points. This game doesn't make me nervous at all. The Tits will compete but it's the USA versus Lichtenstein!
Both sides aren't much chop with neither lineup looking threatening. The Broncos might sneak it in but I won't be betting my beach side condo in Liechtenstein on it.

Alec

International Rep
I wouldn't mind winning big or winning small. Winning small has it's advantages too, we can keep flying under the radar as we try to gradually improve.

McHunt

QCup Player
Sunshine Coast
I wouldn't mind winning big or winning small. Winning small has it's advantages too, we can keep flying under the radar as we try to gradually improve.
We're now ranked 5th favourite to win the premiership on Sportsbet. Tipped to leapfrog the Raiders and Knights.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
If we dont win by 20+ I might resume my incessant seibs bashing....

not really, but I want blood tomorrow!

Alec

International Rep
We're now ranked 5th favourite to win the premiership on Sportsbet. Tipped to leapfrog the Raiders and Knights.
Lol, well I guess we aren't going to be flying under the radar then. Broncos get so much exposure and FTA games that it's probably impossible to do anyway.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
I had a $100 on them at 17s a few weeks ago when they beat the Roosters. I doubt they'll be that long again.

McHunt

QCup Player
Sunshine Coast
What do you mean if a
What do you mean if anyone still cares? You are the one who wrote us off 6 weeks ago. Who the **** do you think you are putting that shit on actual fans who don’t think the whole club is fucked because of one player.
lol
- Merged

I had a $100 on them at 17s a few weeks ago when they beat the Roosters. I doubt they'll be that long again.
Shame you can't sell that on the futures market.

Last edited:

ivanhungryjak

NRL Captain
Suncorp Stadium
Broncos veteran Alex Glenn to celebrate 250th NRL match

Chris Honnery The Courier Mail

On Sunday, Broncos enforcer Alex Glenn will mark his 250th NRL game. But there was a time when he thought playing football could put him in a wheelchair.

MORE IN SPORT

Macca fighting to get off the bench

Milestone man Alex Glenn never thought he would play rugby league again when he was struck down with injury as a 16-year-old.
After suffering months of chronic back pain, scans at the time revealed Glenn’s spine was bending the wrong way and was told by his chiropractor he could end up in a wheelchair if he continued playing footy.
So he turned to touch football and after three years and a clearance from his chiropractor, Glenn returned to rugby league.
Glenn’s debut for Brisbane against North Queensland at Suncorp Stadium, Round 1 2009.
On Sunday, the 30-year-old Kiwi international will run out onto Suncorp Stadium to play his 250th NRL match and said he still couldn’t believe he had made it this far.
“I still pinch myself that I’m in this situation,” Glenn said.
“Rugby league was my everything as a 16-year-old, and when you get told you can’t play rugby league again, it’s hard to swallow.
“I’ll never forget the day I was told that. It was emotional for me and my mother.
“When I went through that tough period I honestly gave up hope and lost my passion for rugby league.
“If I was told back then that I would come back to rugby league and play 250 games, I’d laugh.
“I honestly never thought I’d be in this situation let alone play one NRL game.”
Glenn thoroughly deserves to celebrate his long career. Image: Adam Head
Glenn has been a stalwart of the Brisbane Broncos club since making his debut in Round 1, March 13 2009.
At least 60 members of his family and close friends are travelling to Brisbane and will fill up one of the bays at Suncorp Stadium today to celebrate Glenn’s milestone match.
“It’s crazy how life happens,” Glenn said.
“I’ve had a bit of time this week to self-reflect on the journey this has been and I’m so grateful to have played with some of the legends.”
- Merged

Broncos stalwart Andrew McCullough faces a battle to regain his starting No.9 role

Chris Honnery. The Courier Mail

Brisbane rake Andrew McCullough is in a major fight to reclaim his starting role for the Broncos, with Anthony Seibold sticking with in form hooker Jake Turpin against the Titans.

Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough has to impress coach Anthony Seibold on Sunday to reclaim the No.9 jersey.
Stand-in rake Jake Turpin has been in superb form for Brisbane, racking up 45 running metres and three tackle breaks in three games, while his dummy-half running suits Seibold’s attacking game plan.
The signing of James Segeyaro has also added to the Broncos’ backlog of quality hookers and each player has been challenged to impress or risk losing their spot.
Hooker Andrew McCullough has a fight to win back his starting role. Picture: Adam Head
MORE NRL NEWS
LATE MAIL: BRONCOS, ROOSTERS REST ORIGIN STARS
WHY ALEX GLENN THOUGHT HE’D NEVER PLAY AGAIN

McCullough has made a stunning recovery from a serious knee injury, returning 10 weeks earlier than expected, to play in time for Sunday’s clash with the Titans.
The premiership-winning hooker was the incumbent Maroons No.9 heading into this year’s series and was likely to be named again for Game 1 before going down with the injury last month.
Now back fully fit, McCullough faces the unexpected battle to regain his starting role at the Broncos.
Seibold said he expected the 29-year-old to play with plenty of determination to claim back the No.9 jersey.
Jake Turpin has been rewarded for his strong form. Picture: Darren England
“I’ve rewarded Jake by keeping him in the No.9 jersey,” Seibold said.
“Obviously Segeyaro, we stood him down this week so Macca gets the opportunity to play off the bench.
“Andrew McCullough has put a lot of deposits in the bank so to speak.
“He’s played almost 250 games, he’s played in a Grand Final, played State of Origin.
“He’s got a lot of runs on the board but I just thought that Jake Turpin took the opportunity over the last three weeks and he’s been in good form for us.
“We’ll see how things pan out tomorrow but Jake has the No.9 at the moment and Macca understands that.

Last edited:

McHunt

QCup Player
Sunshine Coast
We should be 4th.

As long as we're healthy we can beat any teams brains in come finals time.
4th sounds about right to me if we can continue the trajectory from the last few weeks. Let's see how Seibold uses his new bench addition.
- Merged

“We’ll see how things pan out tomorrow but Jake has the No.9 at the moment and Macca understands that.
Nice one, Seibs.

Last edited:

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
4th sounds about right to me if we can continue the trajectory from the last few weeks. Let's see how Seibold uses his new bench addition.
- Merged

Nice one, Seibs.
BRONCOS FOR THE WOODEN SPOON!! no wait 4th sounds right :rofl

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
lol
- Merged

Shame you can't sell that on the futures market.
It's useful if and when the Broncos make the final eight. I like to back teams early on in the season when the bookies have them at 50s and above. If one at massive odds makes the eight you can back their first opponent, win win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.