PRE-GAME Round 13 - Broncos vs Titans

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I don't see Macca getting through the game without re-injuring his knee. If I was looking for a tackling forward it would never be McCullough. First choice Glenn then Fifi. Flegs and Carrigan will see plenty of action over the next 6 weeks with Gillo being rested after each soo.

We need spark all the time so I see no place at all for McCullough UNLESS Segeyaro stinks up in the next few chances he gets. I think McCullough has been told he's not in the future plans. Up to him to reinvent.
Same. I'm a bit suss on Macca's tackling stats. Despite his massive numbers, we've never seemed to miss him defensively when he's not be there. In fact, we've improved.

Same. I'm a bit suss on Macca's tackling stats. Despite his massive numbers, we've never seemed to miss him defensively when he's not be there. In fact, we've improved.

When a player is third man in to complete a tackle that counts as tackle for said player right? I wonder often Macca is the guy that comes in late to wrap the legs ?

Last edited:
I don't see Macca getting through the game without re-injuring his knee. If I was looking for a tackling forward it would never be McCullough. First choice Glenn then Fifi. Flegs and Carrigan will see plenty of action over the next 6 weeks with Gillo being rested after each soo.

We need spark all the time so I see no place at all for McCullough UNLESS Segeyaro stinks up in the next few chances he gets. I think McCullough has been told he's not in the future plans. Up to him to reinvent.

Unfortunately I can’t see Segs getting another chance unless Macca or Turpin get injured. I feel as though Macca is a protected species at the Broncos.

It's useful if and when the Broncos make the final eight. I like to back teams early on in the season when the bookies have them at 50s and above. If one at massive odds makes the eight you can back their first opponent, win win.

Prescient comment; anyone else looked at the table this morning...???

Surely todays the day our centers and wingers start to get some tries. They need to start chipping in, especially with Oates out.

Last edited:
What’s with the game not being broadcast till 3? Are we all watching it on nrl.com at 2?

When a player is third man in to complete a tackle that counts as tackle for said player right? I wonder often Macca is the guy that comes in late to wrap the legs ?
I dont think he is third man too often. I often see him be the first or second contact, but my issue is that his tackles dont always stop the oppositions progress. He "catches" the player and is then pushed back quite a bit until a team mate comes in to help stop the go forward. Which gives the other team momentum at the ruck and puts our defence on the back foot.

I am not saying this happens all the time, just something i have noticed several times

How good was karmichael hunt... the ability to grubber as well as he did. Set up a lot of tries like that. This 2009 team has to be one of the best NRL teams of all time... Can't believe we didn't win a comp with it.

I dont think he is third man too often. I often see him be the first or second contact, but my issue is that his tackles dont always stop the oppositions progress. He "catches" the player and is then pushed back quite a bit until a team mate comes in to help stop the go forward. Which gives the other team momentum at the ruck and puts our defence on the back foot.

I am not saying this happens all the time, just something i have noticed several times
I know that style is meant to wrap the ball up and it is something cam smith does well, but he does not incurr the same amount of post contact metres, and is also able to twist players onto their back (which we have been slightly better at this year but still need some work.
[automerge]1560041161[/automerge]
How good was karmichael hunt... the ability to grubber as well as he did. Set up a lot of tries like that. This 2009 team has to be one of the best NRL teams of all time... Can't believe we didn't win a comp with it.
Agreed, i thought the same thing. We were unlucky to miss the GF in 2008 (and think we would have put in a better effort than melbourne did that year) but 2009 was also a strong team. Those years seem a missed opportunity.

Last edited:
Agreed, i thought the same thing. We were unlucky to miss the GF in 2008 (and think we would have put in a better effort than melbourne did that year) but 2009 was also a strong team. Those years seem a missed opportunity.
Broncos management absolutely cooked it by having Ivan Henjack. Absolutely awful coach. A club with one of the best rosters in the game, I mean we had Lockyer, Hunt, Hodges, Parker, Thaiday, Falou etc. Just a super gun team. And with all the money the broncos have, they get a rookie coach... I don't know if anyone else was available at the time but they really should have made sure they got a good replacement.

Hmmm, my TV guide says it starts at 3? I’m watching pleb Channel 9.
I'm pretty sure it's a Foxtel exclusive game. 3pm on channel 9 will be the pre-game for Panthers v Roosters.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.