Round 13 Discussion

If I'm taking a player right now to win a premiership: Manu
If I'm taking a player with an eye for a premiership window 5 years from now: Best
If I'm taking a player with the most upside: Staggs
If I'm taking a mixture of all 3 of the above: Lomax

Don't forget Herbie. For mine, he's in the mix

Taukeiaho ran for 300 metres... wtf?!

They must have revised it as NRL.com is now showing 288m. Still a hell of an effort. JT13 has the record for a forward at 345m though.

I changed my tipping last night when I heard Vaugan had been omitted because he broke the lockdown rules. I almost regretted it. The Dragons matched a depleted Roosters and they were there for the taking if the Dragons only had some added starch through the middle of the ruck. Unfortunately, I think PV's two week suspension cost them two points and probably their hopes of finishing in the eight.

I know it's too late for us this year, but our staff should be using this example to teach the young ones coming through that not adhering to agreed systems can cost your team dearly.

Warriors up 14-0.

Brookvale management had better be ordering some new doors quick smart.

I'm liking what Payten has done with this side, colour me very impressed, VERY impressed.

Hehe Blocker sounding like a teenager with a voice breaking at the non-penalty try. I don't disagree with him but it was very funny to hear.

Last edited:
I'm liking what Payten has done with this side, colour me very impressed, VERY impressed.

Be interesting to see how they’d have gone without needing to based in Aus and gotten all the loan players though. Not saying they’ve gotten better players from it (at all) and Todd can only work with what he’s got, but yeah this is a weird season that I wouldn’t read too much into just yet

Hehe Blocker sounding like a teenager with a voice breaking at the non-penalty try. I don't disagree with him but it was very funny to hear.

source.gif

Manly came back pretty well but that try on half time will give the Warriors some momentum.

Kodi got it on a string tonight

Can the Sea Cucumbers only score if they are against 12 men or something?

Is it just me or are there a fair few props playing at an extremely high level this season?

Taukeiaho, Haas, Campbell-Gillard, Fonua-Blake, DSaifiti, Fisher-Harris, Paulo etc.

Going to be really interesting to see who get the rep jerseys as guys like Papalii, Taupau, McGuire, JWH, Klemmer have had a mortgage on them in years gone by.

Is it just me or are there a fair few props playing at an extremely high level this season?

Taukeiaho, Haas, Campbell-Gillard, Fonua-Blake, DSaifiti, Fisher-Harris, Paulo etc.

Going to be really interesting to see who get the rep jerseys as guys like Papalii, Taupau, McGuire, JWH, Klemmer have had a mortgage on them in years gone by.
The thing that's becoming noticeable is a need for the prop to be agile with endurance rather than big and powerful... it's like prop has become the lock of years gone by.

RCG looks like he's lost weight and suddenly he's not getting dominated in games.

You also missed Junior Paulo who's been phenomenal this year.

Even Tino who is basically a second rower is dominating as an agile, powerful prop

A guy like Napa and Maclean are looking pretty useless at the moment, not to mention Offa and Lodge in Brisbane... although I think Lodge will be fine it's just that he lost half a season to an ACL injury and then jumped straight back into the starting side right when his rehab finished.

I think Offa needs to drop some weight and see if it makes him a bit more mobile... he doesn't exactly use his size to any sort of advantage so it's just a detriment to his game, because his lateral movement is non-existent

the Big Marn was blowing up on the Saifiti try on the buzzer ... reckons it was a clear as day double movement.

i didn't see it. what do you guys reckon?

Totally agree, it couldn't have been more clear cut in normal motion or slow, it was yet another horrible decision by the Bungler.

Did the Broncos infect the Tigers? I swear they way they are playing tonight would make a game with the Broncos are fairly close affair.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • ivanhungryjak
  • pennywisealfie
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • BroncoFan94
  • Waynesaurus
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Battler
  • Aldo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.