Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'd like to see these kids get another shot. I'd be resting most of our origin players.
I’d be resting Carrigan if he plays the minutes I think he will and possibly Walsh cause that might be an overwhelming few days for a youngster (high workload as well). Haas (on reduced minutes), Selwyn and Flegs should backup for mine and hopefully Oates is back as well.

The warriors win was vital and unexpected so great we got it. I think we lose this one given the sharks are coming off the bye (weird how parra got all this "tough draw" bs when we have the toughest draw in the nrl in every measure you could take! The media goes on about us being in qld more this year but it's still 4 or 5 games less than Sydney teams get to stay in Sydney ffs!)...
This team will be interesting by Walters. I hope Oates is back bcos we miss his metres big time lately. I really liked capewell getting used in the middle, and hethrington deserves to start I think. Put him at prop with haas, who cares.
Paikura never to be seen again please. He just seems lazy. Mariner was great, dropped a ball early but **** he looks likely. I hope we keep sailor next year!
A lot depends on what happens in origin.

Rest Haas and Carrigan, the rest can play

I’d be resting Carrigan if he plays the minutes I think he will and possibly Walsh cause that might be an overwhelming few days for a youngster (high workload as well). Haas (on reduced minutes), Selwyn and Flegs should backup for mine and hopefully Oates is back as well.
I agree with all of that except cobbo. He needed rests last year mentally and physically, and I think he will need the same this year posy origin.

I agree with all of that except cobbo. He needed rests last year mentally and physically, and I think he will need the same this year posy origin.
He doesn’t get that luxury for mine this year. If he as a winger isn’t professional enough to cope with the rigours of backing up from origin without injury than well he is pretty weak hearted. He out of all of them should be the one having to back up and I don’t see how middle codling him will do him any good. Last year was also an extreme circumstance in that he had one of the most brutal KO’s we have seen in a long time. Not to mention when they play origin it will have been 13 days since their previous game, that’s a very big break beforehand to not be able to back up afterwards.

I would rest them all except Cobbo, no need to be desperate we can make it up later in the year.

Send Riki after Nicho. Hopefully Luai gets injured and Nicho plays a full game in Game 1

I'd like to see these kids get another shot. I'd be resting most of our origin players.
Sharks game is winnable though... they're a bit of a grinding structured team and their defence hasn't been flash.

Unfortunately I think Patty and Haas are in for some massive minutes during origin. I think both will back up, but they shouldn't be playing more than 50mins.

Jensen and Kobe held their own well against Warriors and should be able to back that performance up again

If I remember correctly Sharks were going pretty good last season and we completely shut them down with our game plan and Hynes was non existent. We can do the same this year

Would like to see Willison and Mariner get another game.

I would rest as many of the Origin players as possible.

given our strong start to the season and our unexpected with with our Origin players missing, we can afford to rest every origin player ... so that's what I'd do.

If Hynes backs up for the Sharks, it'll probably cost us the win ... but it would be worth it in the longer term

given our strong start to the season and our unexpected with with our Origin players missing, we can afford to rest every origin player ... so that's what I'd do.

If Hynes backs up for the Sharks, it'll probably cost us the win ... but it would be worth it in the longer term
We have 3 byes left. We don’t rest on a top 4 clash. If we plan like a bunch of pussies we will dish up like a bunch of pussies. Every single one of our origin players on Wednesday night won’t have played in 13 days. It’s game 1 and we have 2 byes in the next 5-6 weeks we shouldn’t be resting on the first origin game. If after game 3 we decide we are in a good position and it would be beneficial to rest all the boys than fine but not after game 1 going into a huge clash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • Waynesaurus
  • Santa
  • Redux
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • eggstar10
  • Strop
  • Financeguy
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.