PRE-GAME Round 14 - Eels vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

One thing with him is i've seen him for Reddy play like he does for us with his intensity, but after a while you can see it takes its toll on him and he has huge form dips. As he gets older, he hopefully will manage that better, but his body takes a pounding and he will need breaks.
Segy's got his back.

I'm with you. He hasn't had a great season but he's still better under the high ball than Boyd. He at least jumps for it, rather than squats on his haunches and falls backwards, like Boyd.
Nonsense. Boyd catches the ball, Isaako drops it. One is a successful attempt and the other is a failure.

Turpin killed it last year when he covered for Macca. It was light and day. That Macca had to go was as obvious as Kodi and Milford were never going to work as a halves combination. The excuse trotted out was Seibold didn't want to upset the status quo with mass changes. Which doesn't really cut it when you're bottom of the table.

He was good last year no doubt, and he has been good this year. Still doesn't change the fact he wasn't really banging the door down to get a spot this year. If you watched him in ISC, you would have clearly seen that. What he has done is taken the opportunity given to him. Its his spot to lose now. The signs are good, but plenty of younger guys kill it early on and fall away. Look at Issako right now, nobody saw this form he is in coming. Turps just has to keep it up and its good we have players putting pressure on him to keep performing. We need more of that.

...shame about Seggy getting dropped; however it was Macca who, once again, made zero shortcuts in his rehabilitation work and WASNT caught early morning with a blood alcohol level on his "P"s.

Seggy needs to heed the lesson here...he can learn from Macca professionalism...just don't learn anything about dummy half play from him right Seggy.....we on the same page here mate..!

He was good last year no doubt, and he has been good this year. Still doesn't change the fact he wasn't really banging the door down to get a spot this year. If you watched him in ISC, you would have clearly seen that. What he has done is taken the opportunity given to him. Its his spot to lose now. The signs are good, but plenty of younger guys kill it early on and fall away. Look at Issako right now, nobody saw this form he is in coming. Turps just has to keep it up and its good we have players putting pressure on him to keep performing. We need more of that.
Turpin is God good.

IMO he hasn't really shown a great deal at fullback ... we could get the same out of Isaako at the back

I think he has better game awareness and passing game than isaako.

I'm with you. He hasn't had a great season but he's still better under the high ball than Boyd. He at least jumps for it, rather than squats on his haunches and falls backwards, like Boyd.

If I were Seib, at the first sign of classic Darius defence, I'd switch Isaako to fullback and Boyd into the centres. That will expose both of them, plus if there's one thing Boyd can still do it's pass. The more balls we get to Oates, the more we score.

If Darius ***** that up, it's time to drop him.

Put him back there for defence, sure, he would hopefully put his body on the line more often, but I don't think you can sell it as a 'he's still better under the high ball that Boyd'....because he's not.

Isaako has dropped way more ball fielding bombs than Boyd has. I think he's up to 12 errors or something so far this season (behind Oates) and most of them are from dropping bombs. Boyd is generally pretty safe under the high ball even if he falls over.

I think he has better game awareness and passing game than isaako.
Put him back there for defence, sure, he would hopefully put his body on the line more often, but I don't think you can sell it as a 'he's still better under the high ball that Boyd'....because he's not.

Isaako has dropped way more ball fielding bombs than Boyd has. I think he's up to 12 errors or something so far this season (behind Oates) and most of them are from dropping bombs. Boyd is generally pretty safe under the high ball even if he falls over.
Yeah, you're probably both right, but ****, we have to get Boyd out from fullback, and Isaako needs to lift his game as well. I'm not as concerned with Isaako's high ball as his ability to chime into the back line as a member of the spine.

Fucked if I know, but NZ thinks he's a fullback, and he reckons he's one, so let him live and die by it. Maybe the pair of them are in a queue out the door.

So we only signed segeyaro for 2 games? Easiest money he’ll ever make.

What were peoples thoughts on kennar?. He had a decent match against the titans except for a couple defence lapses. He took plenty of hard yards out of trouble. Just imagine the 1, 2 punch of kennar and oates. That would really get us going on the front foot for our sets.

May be worth giving isaako some time in Q cup to rebuild his confidence and concentrate on the basics. Maybe get back some form and/or motivation.

That's true. If there is one thing Boyd is good at it's catching the high ball.
Boyd almost never has to dispute it with another player though, making it a far easier task than Isaako's, who does more often than not have to, but yes... he does fail at it badly.

Boyd almost never has to dispute it with another player though, making it a far easier task than Isaako's, who does more often than not have to, but yes... he does fail at it badly.

Very true.

My guess is Segy will play plenty of games after this next one. McCullough has to produce the spark that Segy is known for or Siebold will see little point in having McCullough come on as a benchy.

On appearance Siebold has a formula and his hooker ingredient is a Cook like player and he only has that in Turps and Segy. I doubt McCullough will get many chances to produce a spark when he plays. My bet is McCullough will be left out of the side sooner than most think. I'm a shit judge!

Last edited:
HA ! I don’t think I’ve ever seen him pass. Never needs to
Oates has a good pass. He played fullback throughout his junior years. Just isn't really a fullback type player anymore. What we really need to think is, who would play there if Boyd was injured? Then give that Kent a go. Probably look to the youngsters for an answer.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.