/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Throw money at ponga.
Who should we buy with all cash to bring us back?
Dream 3 players for me:
- Folau ( his comments didn’t offend me)
- Cameron Smith ( still the most influential current player in the game, under contract but hey this only a dream )
- Kalyn Ponga ( best rising star in the comp)

I thought Turpin was our saviour? I thought we couldn’t lose with Turpin as our dummy half? Maybe, like every dummy half he requires the forwards to go forward and the wingers to not suck balls.

We can talk McCullough, Boyd and Milford all we want; however, that's 2 weeks straight our middle men haven't run direct and won the wrestle both in attack and defense. Our big boys run sideways and don't wrestle in d.

I thought Turpin was our saviour? I thought we couldn’t lose with Turpin as our dummy half? Maybe, like every dummy half he requires the forwards to go forward and the wingers to not suck balls.

Our forwards can go forward, but one out running makes the task a lot tougher for them, because the opposition can just number up in the middle of the field.

I’m not even mad.

We are one of those teams that makes up the numbers, maybe on our day we can win a game, and if we do then “yay”.

I’ve finally accepted our mediocrity, it’s what I imagine it’s like when you finally accept you’re going to drown and stop fighting the need to breathe.....

I’d say it’s definitely like coming to the realisation that your team is actually quite mediocre and is going to take some work in recruitment and player development (which will take a few years) in order to be top 4 competitive.

Forwards got rolled again.
Lacking mongrel and leadership in the team,
Pretty interesting the lack of response to that pole smokers shove on oatesy.

Oh I agree. I'd put anyone at fullback over Boyd just to show that the shit isn't acceptable. Simple fact is, he doesn't cover enough metres, doesn't put his body on the line enough, and doesn't really help the team.
The fullback has never been this important, and we are probably one of the teams that has the least support run, Boyd is the worst, but apparently other backs don’t contribute much either

Who should we buy with all cash to bring us back?
Dream 3 players for me:
- Folau ( his comments didn’t offend me)
- Cameron Smith ( still the most influential current player in the game, under contract but hey this only a dream )
- Kalyn Ponga ( best rising star in the comp)
Ponga is definitely the goal, but I think it's unrealistic for any NRL team to expect to sign him from the Knights. I'd be truly shocked if he left Newcastle for anything other than a code switch.

The issue we have ourselves in is we have a lot of money tied up with Boyd, Gillett, Bird, Macca for a number of years and none of them have been value for their recent contracts. Gillett is showing improvement, but $700k is a lot.

If some of these players are moved on, namely Boyd, and the money we should have from releasing Roberts, nikorima, McGuire, Kahu etc. We would need to hope a team releases a player or two. Some players who I would be interested in are Papenhuzen, Drinkwater, Brandon Smith, Bronson Xerri, Braiden Burns. If falou was accepted by NRL, I'd take him at the right price but really he is a centre or winger, so I wouldn't put too much on him.

The Broncos have a lot of issues though at the moment. We don't really have any big personalities in the team. Lots of sort of shy guys. That's a huge issue.

Siebs reckons the boys are thinking to much about origin. The only problem is every team has that problem.

I’ve been positive about Seibolds decisions to date but I have to question putting McCullouch on the bench, it makes zero sense and is just bad coaching. Make a decision and live and die by it.

Last edited:
Our forwards can go forward, but one out running makes the task a lot tougher for them, because the opposition can just number up in the middle of the field.
You do realise, Macca made more runs out of dummy half against the Titans than Turpin did in his previous 3 games. Turpin had 0 runs against the Warriors.

Well at least Milf's trying to form a combination with his harem of halves..

Could you imagine what Bellamy would do if he was coach?
He’d literally drop everyone and randomly pull anyone still left in the squad and yet manage a win next game.

It’s good for the club to have brilliant achievements but it’s bad to let too much political thinking affect making pure footy decisions.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • bert_lifts
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • whykickamoocow
  • Ondi
  • porouian
  • broncotville
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Tim K
  • Fitzy
  • Socnorb
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.