Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Long time fan first-time poster. I think it's pretty clear that we need to get Wayne back from the Rabbitohs to get Boyd and McCullough back to their best and firing again. Why did we do all this work under (wink) the salary cap to let the greatest human being ever to be born in SE Queensland go and coach a rival team to a Premiership? It's ridiculous. Get Andrew Gee to talk to Wanye about coming. It's the only way to save this season.

You are right. The way to save our season is indeed having Wayne coach Boyd and Macca again.................

..........................in the myrtle and cardinal colours of
South Sydney.

It’s really sad to think nearly all of
Milford running Prime has been and will continue to be wasted trying to make him into something he’s not. I know he shows flashes of being a good playmaker, but those games are few and far between... almost like he should be a playmaking option, but not relied upon. Maybe... like a fullback or something? Seriously, go watch his raiders highlights if you dare. Seriously depressing how such a talent has been absolutely squandered at our club.
You can thanks Bennett for that!

It's clear judging by Seibold's presser that we have finally reached a breaking point, and not before bloody time to be honest. There are some real headwobbling cockheads within that squad who need to be rooted out. Ones like Boyd, who watching him and how he plays is absolutely taking the piss not retiring, or at the very least giving away the captaincy cause unless he's a moron, he knows himself by now that he's not up to it. His captaincy has become a tumor leaking pus on this club and this team.

Our backline is close to the worst in the comp. Our whole right edge are incapable of defending, and while I'm not surprised that Shibasaki is a screaming dud, I am greatly disappointed in the turdflop that Isaako has turned out to be after a very promising first year. He isn't even kicking goals straight anymore, so why are you here??? I for one think he's the most mentally shot in a squad that is full of them. As for Oates, I'm happy to go with that he just had a VERY off night. It felt like everything he touched had the worst possible outcome no matter how hard he tried.

Our front row also need to get a hold of a mirror and take a long hard look at themselves, because some of them seem incapable of maintaining the rage when the other side piles the pressure on them, they crumble like a house of cards in a wind tunnel. Still an unacceptable amount of penalties, an unacceptable number of errors and damn well nowhere close to enough hunger to win. I am honestly not happy with any one of them at the moment.

Last edited:
It's clear judging by Seibold's presser that we have finally reached a breaking point, and not before bloody time to be honest. There are some real headwobbling cockheads within that squad who need to be rooted out. Ones like Boyd, who watching him and how he plays is absolutely taking the piss not retiring, or at the very least giving away the captaincy cause unless he's a moron, he knows himself by now that he's not up to it. His captaincy has become a tumor leaking pus on this club and this team.

Our backline is close to the worst in the comp. Our whole right edge are incapable of defending, and while I'm not surprised that Shibasaki is a screaming dud, I am greatly disappointed in the turdflop that Isaako has turned out to be after a very promising first year. He isn't even kicking goals straight anymore, so why are you here??? I for one think he's the most mentally shot in a squad that is full of them. As for Oates, I'm happy to go with that he just had a VERY off night. It felt like everything he touched had the worst possible outcome no matter how hard he tried.

Our front row also need to get a hold of a mirror and take a long hard look at themselves, because some of them seem incapable of maintaining the rage when the other side piles the pressure on them, they crumble like a house of cards in a wind tunnel. Still an unacceptable amount of penalties, an unacceptable number of errors and damn well nowhere close to enough hunger to win. I am honestly not happy with any one of them at the moment.

I recall him getting bugger all chances, but Kotoni Staggs tried hard.

He is about the sole positive I could find tonight.

One effing player in the entire team who tried and a centre at that.

Disgusting.

More importantly, **** the result, DID WE MEET OUR MARKERS?!?

Might be time to either review these markers or stop rolling out the PR machine and actually admit we are not good enough and stop making excuses.

We have yet to score 30 points in a single game and have only managed to get to 20 points a grand total of 5 times. Maybe Seibold should simplify his ‘markers’ for next round. Points win games not fucking markers and stats!

Last edited:
I didn’t get to watch the game tonight. Obviously as a team we were dreadful, but can anyone tell me how SOS went?

I didn’t get to watch the game tonight. Obviously as a team we were dreadful, but can anyone tell me how SOS went?

I gave him a pass. I think he was better than what most have been saying. His best highlight was a downtown kick that pulled up inches short of the dead ball line that should have led to a line drop out if it wasn’t for a poor chase. I thought early on he seemed to combine well with Milford and the combo looks promising and seems to have a fair bit of potential but his night sort of went a bit downhill when we were continually on the back foot and had **** all possession so wasn’t finding the grass much in the second stanza which was systematic of our team performance as a whole.

Didn’t get many opportunity’s in the Eels red zone to show what he can do close to line but he did have a couple of decent runs. He was also forced to make 33 tackles which wouldn’t have left much in the tank for the attack but he got through some work. Need to sort our defensive structures because even when Dearden was playing he was being asked to make 30 tackles + a game which seems to be an exorbitant amount for halfbacks that we should be protecting. To put it in perspective Moses only had 18 tackles and all the halfbacks that played in the earlier games on Super Saturday made less than half
Of what SOS made tonight.

I’m actually excited to see what he can do in a game we actually compete in and have decent field position.

Very easy to shape them up, don’t release them for rep round

His best highlight was a downtown kick that pulled up inches short of the dead ball line that should have led to a line drop out if it wasn’t for a poor chase.

That's about the only thing i remember him doing

Very easy to shape them up, don’t release them for rep round

I'm pretty sure we don't have that option ... unless we can convince the NRL that all of them (11-12 according to Seibs) are injured

I'm pretty sure we don't have that option ... unless we can convince the NRL that all of them (11-12 according to Seibs) are injured

Club pays them not the rep teams
Threaten to tear up their contracts
If they want to get paid next week they will listen

Club pays them not the rep teams
Threaten to tear up their contracts
If they want to get paid next week they will listen

unfortunately it doesn't work like that

Watched the presser, and while I get what he’s saying, I’m not a huge fan of all this constant talk of individuals not doing their jobs. While accountability must be present, how about we play like a fucking team for once. This has been a problem for years now for us, players at the end of the day, don’t really care. Or maybe they did and have since become cynical. And to make it worse they have their cake and eat it too. They don’t perform, the coach is either on the chopping block or the players get pissy and leave and the coach still gets the blame most of the time, all while they pocket anywhere from 300-900k a season, knowing that someone will pick them up regardless.

So many dropped balls and missed tackles. First contact is terrible more often than not. Piss poor execution - it’s like we don’t talk to each other. No support running. We need some controlled aggression on both sides of the ball.

The players we have with experience are well past their first grade capacity, and we’re in a tight spot as all the young players we have need to be playing first grade to either justify their contracts, secure their immediate future with clear positions in the team and/or give them experience on the notion they’ll be here long-term.

Like others have also mentioned, our recruitment has been pretty ordinary. We haven’t hedged our bets well enough when it comes to promoting our juniors (waits for ‘Broncos don’t have any juniors’ argument).

Lodge, Seggers and Taggers came off the scrap heap basically, Roberts was a contract snafu from the Titans, Pangai came because of Wayne and Sticky saying he was another season or two off first grade (and seems to be being more right with every game), Boyd is another Wayne acolyte and should have retired last season. Anyone else has been average reserve grade at best or hasn’t played enough to know their quality (I still think Mago is underrated and could give us a lot more than Carrigan is currently).

We entered the season without any defined backups in key positions. All the players who could were already playing other positions: Bird, Niko, Kahu and Isaako, with first drops all being rookies that you only need one hand to count first grade games between them.

How much is Seibold not having foresight to prep the swap, how much is him not wanting to rock the boat and cut half of a well-established team, assuming he had the players available to do so, and how much is Bennett salting the earth by leaving us with such limited options?

I’m happy to not make the finals, because it papers over a lot of the problems, and Seibold weirdly walks the walk but never talks the talk when it comes to hard decisions, which his next 6 months will be full of.

I don’t know where the team goes from here, and how much those decisions will either lift or lower the team, but this will not be a fun 6-18 months I fear

Last edited:
We have a few problems but i’m at a bit of a
loss about how to handle it.

We need a new captain but have no real leaders.

We need to drop or move Boyd, and Isaako but we have no fullback options.

We need a half to control our attack but only have undercooked juniors.

I wonder if we would be going better if we had Niko, Moose, Roberts, and Kahu in the team.

I wonder if we would be going better if we had Niko, Moose, Roberts, and Kahu in the team.

We might be going 'better' but those players have done little to help us go close to winning a premiership in recent years, so what's the point in keeping them if it hurts our ability to retain players who are more likely to help us win one in the future.

The word I keep coming up with to describe that performance last night is inept. I watched several of the Broncos trials at the start of the year and it was alarming that they made so many errors and gave away so many penalties, particularly in the first 30 minutes/first half of the two trials, and nothing has changed since then.

Long time fan first-time poster. I think it's pretty clear that we need to get Wayne back from the Rabbitohs to get Boyd and McCullough back to their best and firing again. Why did we do all this work under (wink) the salary cap to let the greatest human being ever to be born in SE Queensland go and coach a rival team to a Premiership? It's ridiculous. Get Andrew Gee to talk to Wanye about coming. It's the only way to save this season.

Trolling for sure

Glad I haven't watched the last few games, but something isn't right.
Time to start planning for next year and hope to **** we buy some experience to go with this youth, and our coach might need to get a better assistant.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Morkel
  • cento
  • Gympie devil
  • Lurker
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • MrMoore
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • winslow_wong
  • Thelmus
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.