[Round 15, 2022] Broncos vs Storm

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Apparently not...

It's checked in a drop out situation, but I can't recall ever seeing it overturned on a penalty even when replays have shown them to be wrong

It's a pretty rare occurrence, can only think of two examples where it could have come up. Game II 2014 and Round 1 2015 Brisbane vs. Souths and they were ignored on those occasions. However I wouldn't have been surprised if the referee had have stepped in and just called half-time.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
I don't understand how that kick is allowed at the end. The Bunker clearly had time to step in. The ref knew it was an incorrect decision and still required Broncos to challenge it to overturn it. It wasn't time related, it wasn't about being correct. It made no sense and made a mockery of the game. Absolutely ridiculous.

Otherwise, Brisbane is going excellently with a few obvious defensive issues. This is promising.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
It's a pretty rare occurrence, can only think of two examples where it could have come up. Game II 2014 and Round 1 2015 Brisbane vs. Souths and they were ignored on those occasions. However I wouldn't have been surprised if the referee had have stepped in and just called half-time.
I thought there was one earlier this year where a player caught it before stepping out, it was called a penalty and it stood... might've been parra or titans??

I just don't think I can ever recall them overturning a kick off dead on the full, but they will turnover a drop out from the slightest of touches... or a fullback touching it slightly before it actually bounces dead.

It's the same as a winger catching it out on the full and sometime they put the foot down after catching it... they don't turn them over, because I don't think they have a license to do it.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Turpin off the bench

Sarcastic Schitts Creek GIF by CBC
When he used to come of the bench for us he used to kill it. Same thing tonight.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Munsters blocking every kick chase

B Smith playing 3 metres off the mark every time

Handle on the ball EVERY tackle

Every single storm player not knowing they can't step over the ball in the ruck when opposition playing the ball

Every single storm player becoming 90 year old women getting off the floor every tackle to get out of the ruck

Verbally harassing the ref even though they get every call their way

Pushing players over in 2nd efforts

Milking penalties

Munster and b Smith leg pulling to slow ptb

.... FUCKING GRUBS

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
we've done well to be even at half time given Adam Gee won't even let us lube before he bends us over
Must be another one looking to get an origin gig... the entire NSWRL reffing committee is fucking furious that specsavers Klein got the gig for origin 1

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

Every single storm player not knowing they can't step over the ball in the ruck when opposition playing the ball

Every single storm player becoming 90 year old women getting off the floor every tackle to get out of the ruck

Milking penalties

.... FUCKING GRUBS
Play on.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Ennis can get farked, blind freddy could see that was a fair try anyway.
The side on view actually shows Hughes reaching out to make contact with Capewell and then falling to the ground...

Can't be an obstruction if the player doesn't even make the defensive line and the ball player doesn't run behind the player

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
One good thing

Milking penalties

.... FUCKING GRUBS
This though highlights we need to be better on the gamesmanship side of things.

1) Fall over when running into Munster.
2) Stand where the mark is and let B Smith walk past you. Ref has no choice but to call it back.
3) When they have a hand on the ball and it's called held, try and play it and let it fall out.
4) Up to the hooker to give them a giant shove, be aggro about it too.
5) Ref is the only one who can stop that.
6) Ditto.
7) Milk it harder
8) Do it too.
9) Then fall over when they do it - milk it.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Painin the Haas
  • Santa
  • Browny
  • Johnny92
  • Lurker
  • BroncoFan94
  • Wolfie
  • Alec
  • Scdeac
  • Midean
  • vertigo
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • broncotville
  • Mr Fourex
  • Strop
  • ivanhungryjak
  • NSW stables
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.