Round 15 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesi Niu is going to be a hell of a player if he can maintain playing error free at the back, would have liked to see him make a try saver or two but he had a good game

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Arthurs
5. Cobbo
6. Kelly
7. Gamble
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. TPJ
13. Asiata

14. Paix
15. Flegler
16. Bullimore
17. Hetherington

Hunt will be named but I really fail to see what he provides. I’d love for Kev to attempt some form on consistency so players can actually build combinations or work on their fundamentals. A good place to start would be to stick with the halves that got you your last victory, against a top 6 team no less.

Turpin shouldn’t be playing 80. Niu didn’t do enough wrong to be dropped and Isaako didn’t do anything in q cup to earn a call up.

Barring injury, we need to stick with our Spine for awhile.

Paix needs more minutes badly, Turpin is regressing with these huge stints.

We badly need someone to teach this team line speed, it needs to be drilled into their heads that when you let off on this we will lose simple as that.

Barring injury, we need to stick with our Spine for awhile.

Paix needs more minutes badly, Turpin is regressing with these huge stints.

We badly need someone to teach this team line speed, it needs to be drilled into their heads that when you let off on this we will lose simple as that.
Yep, we need to work on line speed all week...and next week, and the week after etc. It's the only way we'll fix our defence.

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Arthurs
5. Cobbo
6. Kelly
7. Gamble
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. TPJ
13. Asiata

14. Paix
15. Flegler
16. Bullimore
17. Hetherington

Hunt will be named but I really fail to see what he provides. I’d love for Kev to attempt some form on consistency so players can actually build combinations or work on their fundamentals. A good place to start would be to stick with the halves that got you your last victory, against a top 6 team no less.

Turpin shouldn’t be playing 80. Niu didn’t do enough wrong to be dropped and Isaako didn’t do anything in q cup to earn a call up.
I’d swap Glenn for Riki but otherwise agreed

If Niu's little grubber play didn't come off, is he in the shit?

Outside of that and his footwork, didn't think he any better than Isaako
He’s a centre. Had we persisted with him he might have improved his defence and been a real weapon for us.

We missed Kelly last night.

Sure did. He was great v Roosters. As well, Gamble's defence looks suss to me. I just don't think he is handling the speed of the game in defence.

In fact, for mine, we are still playing pre-VlandyBall - too slow, too heavy, not enough ball movement. When we get it wide, we score great tries. When we don't we get flogged.

Turps just doesn't run the ball enough, doesn't explore options running at the defensive line, which would be a bit pointless anyway since he rarely has support. Compare his game to any of the better hookers. He's just not creative, has no spark in attack. Still, I doubt we can do without his defence. Just give Paix more minutes, he runs the ball a whole lot more, and Turps needs less minutes.

I'd like to see Asiata partner Kelly. I reckon he's as quick as Hunt and a lot fitter.

Kevvie is looking lost

Even with Coates out I would drop Cobbo, put him in ISC so he can play Fullback.

If he starts doing some special things playing for The Seagulls then give him a couple of games at FB at the end of the season with a full preseason for next year.

Take out the grubber and Niu was average, I was hoping to see more support running but he was pretty invisible most of the night. I hope Herbie gets a shot this week he seems like the type of player we need back there.

I don't know where Karmichael is at with his quality as a player and last night didn't really answer that question either but physically he looked to be moving really well and made some good tackles

It's pretty obvious the future of this club is Cobbo at fullback but he's a bit too raw to throw him into the lion's den just yet, so to speak

The match-winner from the Seagulls/Magpies game.

This was after Oates made a 40m break to give the Magpies a sniff.

Once again, the QRL streams seem to host the most entertaining games on Sunday.

I live down the road from the leagues club, the place was pumping.

Developing on the wing didn't hurt RTS, I don't think it will hurt Cobbo either.

I'm not confident at all in any side put out but I was asked for a list and who am I to refuse (like I need to be asked):

1. Farnworth (I was not overly impressed with Niu to be honest, he did exactly what he always does - some really selfish play that sometimes comes off and drifting in and out of the contest)
2. Cobbo
3. Arthars
4. Tass (Arthars and Tass can have a shoot out to see who partners Staggs from the following week, plus Tass goal kicks, never bad to have a few options and Copley NEEDS to be dropped, he was HORRIBLE)
5. Oates (No idea why he was dropped again anyway and he has gone back to Q Cup and put in and then some)
6. Hunt (For some reason he is getting game time but will be better on his second run I think)
7. Gamble (Keeping the seat warm for Reynolds and hopefully before that, Kelly)
8. Haas (Giving him a rocket for his defensive work, actually giving everyone a rocket for defensive 'work')
9. Turpin (Max 50 minutes unless there injuries)
10. Lodge (Still so inconsistent, if he wants to move on and we aren't footing too much of the bill, do it)
11. Robati (this is such a problem position for this team and yes I know Glenn won't be dropped but he certainly should be and yes I also know Robati isn't a second rower but he is good and moves well)
12. Pangai Jr
13. Asiata (Giving him a rocket too to pull his finger out and take the lead out there)

14. Paix (Giving him either 15 before and after half time or the last 30)
15. Flegler (I'm telling you, he's coming good!)
16. Kennedy(Hope he's fit, if not - Bullemor)
17. Hetherington (Is he re-signing or not?)

Fucking Isaako, nowhere to be seen🤔

Good to see Oatesy trying hard to get back into first grade. I thought he didn't really deserve to be dropped but he's just a bit heavy(slow and lacking agility?) for first grade I think.

Souths aren't as good as you might think they are but they've got the right edge which seemingly scores a try every time they go there.

We can't give them any field position, that's basically what it's going to come down to. They have been made to look ordinary a few times this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • LittleDavey
  • Shane Tronc
  • Skathen
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Galah
  • bert_lifts
  • Tim K
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • leon.bott
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • Fitzy
  • Old Mate
  • Scdeac
  • Big Del
  • mitch222
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.