PRE-GAME Round 15 - Knights vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I think it's possible that Seibold knows the season is over and he is going to give Boyd and Macca the rest of the season to prove why they should be in the side and if they don't, they are gone.

But I think the reality is Seibold was never going to keep Macca out of the side when he returned from injury. Turpin had his shot and Macca was always going to be given a chance to show he should be in the side over Turpin.

As for Boyd, we don't have anyone else and you can't just throw anyone into fullback. It's too important of a position to just throw some random player in there.

I like Seibold and can see the merit in the argument that Macca and Boyd can’t get dropped so easily because of their standing in the playing group, but we have a hooker being chased by 7 clubs on the bench and Seg, who won us a game vs the defending premiers, in reserves. Fine, there’s probably no realistic option to replace Boyd unless we throw Isaako in there, but Macca can and should be replaced.

He obviously has barely any more value to us than Tagatese as we barely use him. Fensom was struggling to get anyone to sign him up until we did for some reason so I really don't get the logic he has more present day value. He is a very odd signing as it stands no matter how you dress it up. We need older heads yet he can't get a look in.

I’m not having a go at you but it’s very interesting that you have gone from advocating Carrigan every week and suggesting he should start or get more minutes to now being concerned about him getting burned out and suggesting he should be replaced with an out of form ‘old head’.

How was he not being picked enough or given enough minutes but suddenly is facing burn out ?

I’m not having a go at you but it’s very interesting that you have gone from advocating Carrigan every week and suggesting he should start or get more minutes to now being concerned about him getting burned out and suggesting he should be replaced with an out of form ‘old head’.

How was he not being picked enough or given enough minutes but suddenly is facing burn out ?

I've pretty much always said I think he is a starter and he isn't really a bench impact player, but I've never really thought him, or any young forward for that matter is going to handle playing week in week out in their first year generally. I'd like to think a good coach would think the same way. You just notice that a break might do some of these younger guys the power of good. Myself, I don't think Seibold is picking it up. We are a struggling side who could go with a couple of older heads in to steady the ship imo. Then I would bring the younger guys back after a few games. Just manage them a bit better than we have.

Last edited:
I'm really starting to lose faith in Seibold. I'm starting to lean more towards top 8 or see ya Anthony. Hopefully we see some positive signs over the next few weeks.

I'm feeling like we are losing twice a week. Once on the field over the weekend, than a second time on Tuesdays when he names the same rubbish players each week.

I think you are likely right but I don't have to like it. It shits me that watching the last couple of games is just straight painful. This is my bloody club and I want to get behind them but damn, it's like Chinese water torture as of late.

In terms of FB, it just blows my mind that we don't have one somewhere in the ranks. Is every one of our feeder teams playing with a 2-17 and ommitting a number one?

We have fullbacks in the ranks, but they aren't even close to being NRL ready. Throwing them in now will only end badly.

Bird is injured, Isaako is playing like dog shit, there just isn't anyone else.

Obviously it'd be great if we had a gun fullback waiting in the wings to relieve Boyd, but we're not losing to teams like the Titans, or getting flogged by teams like the Eels because of personnel. It's our attitude that stinks.

If they sort that out then we'll go back to getting results like the one against the Roosters.

Des Hasler, I wonder how our win-loss record would look with him at the helm after 15 rounds?

Maybe we should have gone after him instead.

Last edited:
Ken oath.
For starters the forwards have got to get way more aggressive.
Against the eels the defensive line speed was horse shit, meandering forward a few steps to meet the attack with **** all purpose, resulting in a shit tonne of post contact metres.
They got rolled.
They’ve got it in them, they’ve shown it.
If they bring the extra effort, milf and Co will have some room to move and we’ll win.

Surely that embarrassing shit carcass of an effort against the eels is enough to get the boys fired up and wanting to prove themselves.

Broncs by 1.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Isaako is listed as out with "Personal reasons" on the NRL website.

Klemmer has done some contact work and is rated a good chance of returning this week. He will play.

Ponga and Glasby are listed as in doubt due to picking up injuries in Origin, but they will play.

Just some rumour pages on Facebook it said Milford to fb and Boyd to 5/8.
I can offer give some credence to that rumour. I watched the full training session yesterday and Milford trained entirely at Fullback with Boyd inside Staggs on the left side, assumedly at 5/8. After training he spent time fielding bombs from O'Sullivan. In the set plays it appeared to me that he remained the main kicker and was given a licence to roam either side of the ruck sniffing out holes. He also assumed first receiver duties later in the set. I then watched the press interview with Milf straight afterwards expecting the first question to be something along the lines of "Tony, you trained at fullback today. Are you playing there this week?" but of course the 6 or so 'journos' in attendance asked the usual rubbish questions like " what's it like coming back to clubland after a rep weekend?". I swear these blokes would prefer to make up stories than write about the ones that are happening right in front of their eyes. Amateurs. I expected the Milf to fullback switch to be all over the news actually but .........crickets. The only possible explanation was that Seibs was giving Milf some time at fullback in the event that Boyd goes down mid-match in which case he is our only option back there in the absence of Isaako. I for one was very excited by the prospect of Milf being given freedom and space to do what he does best and that's run. Boyd at 5/8 seems like a good fit with his passing game and the lesser likelihood that he will be caught out in defence.

It is just a shame there was no ready-made fullback that recently became available that the Broncs could have gone after and easily won given the money they must have sitting there.

I mean, let's be fair, if it was Bennett, many supporters would be pulling out the usual lines but I don't get it with Siebold.

Shiba has been mediocre at best at centre and Isaako has been the worst winger in the comp all year, it wouldn't even necessitate dropping Boyd, he could have just put him in another position.

I just don't get it, especially given the Broncs sign a no name prop in the meantime.

well the fans deserve some sort of explanation as to what is going on. Unfortunately we are reliant on the media to ask these types of questions and get sufficient responses. We need a journo who is actually a broncos supporter with a clue to ask these questions directly to Seibold and/or White. Too busy drinking coffee and retelling stories about what they got up to in Perth

Boyd at 5/8 seems like a good fit with his passing game and the lesser likelihood that he will be caught out in defence.

I dunno man, Boyd doesn't strike me as a half at all. There's so much more to it than summing up 3 on 2s.

I'm really starting to lose faith in Seibold. I'm starting to lean more towards top 8 or see ya Anthony. Hopefully we see some positive signs over the next few weeks.

I'm feeling like we are losing twice a week. Once on the field over the weekend, than a second time on Tuesdays when he names the same rubbish players each week.

I think he should be given at least next season to see if he’s worth keeping or not as coach. It seems like he’s seeing which of the current players are willing to play for him and will clean out those who aren’t. Macca has probably done a bit of sucking up by sitting in the coaches box and training hard.

It is just a shame there was no ready-made fullback that recently became available that the Broncs could have gone after and easily won given the money they must have sitting there.

I mean, let's be fair, if it was Bennett, many supporters would be pulling out the usual lines but I don't get it with Siebold.

Shiba has been mediocre at best at centre and Isaako has been the worst winger in the comp all year, it wouldn't even necessitate dropping Boyd, he could have just put him in another position.

I just don't get it, especially given the Broncs sign a no name prop in the meantime.
I agree. We need someone who is competent in a few positions in the backs and doesn’t cost too much. Maybe we should go after that Kahu guy at the Cowboys.
:eyetwitch:

I can offer give some credence to that rumour. I watched the full training session yesterday and Milford trained entirely at Fullback with Boyd inside Staggs on the left side, assumedly at 5/8. After training he spent time fielding bombs from O'Sullivan. In the set plays it appeared to me that he remained the main kicker and was given a licence to roam either side of the ruck sniffing out holes. He also assumed first receiver duties later in the set. I then watched the press interview with Milf straight afterwards expecting the first question to be something along the lines of "Tony, you trained at fullback today. Are you playing there this week?" but of course the 6 or so 'journos' in attendance asked the usual rubbish questions like " what's it like coming back to clubland after a rep weekend?". I swear these blokes would prefer to make up stories than write about the ones that are happening right in front of their eyes. Amateurs. I expected the Milf to fullback switch to be all over the news actually but .........crickets. The only possible explanation was that Seibs was giving Milf some time at fullback in the event that Boyd goes down mid-match in which case he is our only option back there in the absence of Isaako. I for one was very excited by the prospect of Milf being given freedom and space to do what he does best and that's run. Boyd at 5/8 seems like a good fit with his passing game and the lesser likelihood that he will be caught out in defence.

Good man Pablo.

Milford is our Ponga, he can light it up from the back as he did for the Raiders.
Seibold make it happen before kick off in Newcastle!

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ezpz
  • Battler
  • kiwi2
  • Allo
  • Yem
  • Midean
  • DMZ
  • Santa
  • westy316
  • Rookie Alan
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • broncs30
  • Brotherdu
  • MrMoore
  • Dash
  • simplythebest
  • Gray
... and 44 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.