PRE-GAME Round 15 - Knights vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

There’s a Pablo at the Warren with a solid reputation. Might be one and the same. :)

I’ve read some posts that Milford could be playing fullback this round. Has anyone heard of this, is it a possibility?
I hope not, then our spine will be a guy that hasn’t played fullback in four years and has the wrong body shape for the position a half that has played no nrl games, a half that has played 3 nrl games and a hooker that provides the slowest dummy-half service since Sam Thaiday.

Edit: if Boyd plays at 5/8 I am going to support the knights

Last edited:
There’s a Pablo at the Warren with a solid reputation. Might be one and the same. :)

If so he would be one of Redfern's most well spoken and learned . Impressive. 😜

I'm not sure Milford was a great fullback at the Raiders. Think of say James Roberts at the Titans, it's easy to look good in a highlight reel for a shit team but another thing entirely to be good at all facets of a position. How does he go organising the defence, positioning for kicks and all that off the ball off camera stuff?

It was always going to be a roller coaster ride this year with a new coach, new systems, a very young team and three spine players including the captain, well beneath the level required for a competitive team.

I'm glad we've moved Kodi away from the Halfback position, and although I would've loved to keep him at the club as a great utility and would even have trialled him at Fullback, moving Boyd to the centres, where I still think he could be very useful to us!

I would definitely go after French now on a relatively meagre salary, as while he may not be the final solution, he would offer a hell of a lot more than Boyd from the custodian position, especially in support of our talented forwards, and allow us to fill a position in the three quarters we are currently seriously lacking.

Last edited:
no offence to Pablo but it was his first post. We get plenty of trolls in here. Someone with a solid reputation.
I'm just a broncos supporter with an unhealthy obsession with seeing us return to the glory days. I honestly could not believe Dobbo or Garry or any of the other media at training didn't think it was worthy of a query yesterday. I'm not a regular at training but seeing Milf at the back was a genuine shock to me. Maybe he trains there every week. Doubt it though. I will try to get to training tomorrow if it's on and get further details.

I'm just a broncos supporter with an unhealthy obsession with seeing us return to the glory days. I honestly could not believe Dobbo or Garry or any of the other media at training didn't think it was worthy of a query yesterday. I'm not a regular at training but seeing Milf at the back was a genuine shock to me. Maybe he trains there every week. Doubt it though. I will try to get to training tomorrow if it's on and get further details.
Welcome aboard mate. You will find plenty of people in here with unhealthy obsessions so you should fit right in.

Well there goes our season as Seibs is unable to make the hard decisions. I have a work colleague that knows Seibs when he was his maths teacher at school. I asked him if he tough but fair on the students. His reply - “Not really, too much of a pushover and doesn’t really like the tough decisions.”

Case in point. I hate myself but I’m going tip against us as I’m only 2 points away from the real prize - winner of the BroncosHQ tipping comp for 2019.
I’m really excited about the answer to this question. I can’t think of one tough decision a maths teacher would be afraid to make and how he could be one a pushover?
Sorry for the delay in replying but I had to chase up my colleague on this. He said and I quote “He wanted to be popular but wasn’t stern enough. Felt he was too soft on some of the trouble makers.”

Take what you will from that but seeing the problems our team are facing with little guidance from the top, the great promise of cultural change seems deader than Wayne’s smiles.

I believe you mate, Boyd's days are numbered at fullback.

I'm not sure Milford was a great fullback at the Raiders. Think of say James Roberts at the Titans, it's easy to look good in a highlight reel for a shit team but another thing entirely to be good at all facets of a position. How does he go organising the defence, positioning for kicks and all that off the ball off camera stuff?

As well as....it's easier to get around opposing teams when they don't know who you are or what you can do. Milford was virtually an unknown when playing fullback for the Raiders.....

He is a lot heavier marked player now.....

and yeah, no-one ever talks about Milf's defensive prowess at fullback

...because he has none.

Last edited:
Has anyone asked the question whether this is new or has Milf trained at FB periodically throughout the year already?

Boyd can stay well clear of any spine position. He is a cancer. If Milford is going to play full back, I'd personally much prefer Boyd in centres for Shiba, Turpin in 5/8 and Segeyaro on the bench. Best with what we have available unfortunately...

We have fullbacks in the ranks, but they aren't even close to being NRL ready. Throwing them in now will only end badly.

Bird is injured, Isaako is playing like dog shit, there just isn't anyone else.

Then how do explain the likes of Turpin that “apparently” was playing terrible in the lower grades?? By that logic when Roberts was demoted to QCup he should lit up the opposition because of his “game changing “ speed. You never know unless you give someone a chance.

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • Dash
  • I bleed Maroon
  • barker
  • Jedhead
  • Waynesaurus
  • levikaden
  • Nerd
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Mustafur
  • Culhwch
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Redux
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fozz
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.