vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gotta hope our mounting injury toll starts going to opposite way to do anything this year.
Broncos must be almost back to normal if origin is going to derail our season

Adam Reynolds has got through a full training session today, and should be right for the Cowboys.

Payne Haas is awaiting scans on his ankle:

“I’ve got a few injuries happening at the moment this season, first my shoulders and now my ankle. I have never had that before. At the end of the year I’ll probably look at what I can do better in the preseason so I can stop this from happening again. I have been lucky, I haven’t had too many injury problems during the years but I don’t know why all of a sudden this year ... I’m frustrated at the moment but I’ll get an MRI on my ankle and see what happens ... but god willing it’s all right. It is what it is. I’m a bit frustrated at the moment. They said it might be a high ankle sprain.”​
“It was in the second half, I think it happened in my first run coming back on, I felt something. I thought it was just a cork at first but I couldn’t get going after that, I kept on limping everywhere. I need to watch the video again myself, because I’m not sure exactly what happened, it just started getting sore after that hit up. I thought it was cork at first but it just didn’t get better.”​

Corey Jensen:

“They gave us a bit of a touch-up here on our home turf. It’s a good opportunity for us to go up to Townsville and do the same thing to them. Adam trained out there well today and he’s feeling good. There’s still two more sessions to go this week but I think he’s going to be there on Saturday and we need him there. He’s our leader and I’m sure he’ll want to be out there himself.”​
“Payne does leave a hole but I think we’ve shown this year that we’ve worked well as a pack in the middle – the starters and off the bench have done really well. If he is out I’m sure the next person will step up. We’re capable of the job and we’ll lift for him.”​
“I felt like I wanted a change. I didn’t think my football was going to where I thought it could get to in Townsville. I felt this was a great club I could come to and learn off the young guys but also try to be a bit of a leader among the group. I knew I still had a lot to give in the game and I thought coming here, with a fresh start, I could put my all in and see what happens. You always want to get one-up against your old side and it being my first time going up north and playing back up there it’s definitely going to be a bit of extra feeling, a bit more motivation there, but I think the whole side is motivated after they did a number on us down here. The derbies are always a close contest no matter where you are on the ladder. With both teams going well and both teams having guys backing up from Origin it will be whoever wants it more that will win I think.”​

This game will be brutal. A win won't hand us 3rd place, but it should rubber stamp us as the 3rd best team. Plus all the QLD jerseys at stake.

I'm calling it now: match of the season to date.

Hopefully Staggs comes out all guns blazing as a screw you to nsw and Fittler.

Not just him, Oates as well being snubbed by Slater twice in a row.

Cobbo is a concern right now. He seems to have become stuck in his own head since his poor performance against Melbourne. He needs to hit the reset button and just train under the high ball all week.

With Reyno coming back in and our QLD boys being sore after a shit loss in Perth, I fully expect us to be really up for this.

We'll need to be, to be any chance.

Yeah, I have to agree.. I don't give us much of a chance if Reynolds doesn't play..
Reyno is playing......

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Not just him, Oates as well being snubbed by Slater twice in a row.

Cobbo is a concern right now. He seems to have become stuck in his own head since his poor performance against Melbourne. He needs to hit the reset button and just train under the high ball all week.

With Reyno coming back in and our QLD boys being sore after a shit loss in Perth, I fully expect us to be really up for this.
I think Reynolds coming back will do a lot of good for the team. Cobbo especially.

With Reynolds we win this game, only thing that will stop it is some shit dummy half service from Turpin off the bench.

Holmes v Staggs.

Interesting match-up. Staggs was causing Holmes headaches in Game 1 until he got injured. Hopefully it's the same in this game minus the injury.

We will need big games from all 17. Cowboys are playing very well and have good depth. But the same could be said another Broncos. Bench impact will be crucial with Palasia and Hetho but we will miss Paix. Hopefully Turps picks up his game - he’s playing for his career.
Would have loved to have kept Levi.

Holmes v Staggs.

Interesting match-up. Staggs was causing Holmes headaches in Game 1 until he got injured. Hopefully it's the same in this game minus the injury.
I think Kotoni will be out for revenge in this game, I'm expecting a big one from him.

Payne may have lost a few of the fans with his contract stunt but he's winning a few back by playing injured, he will effectively be carrying 3 injuries should he play this weekend

BOM saying there’s an 80% chance there will be rain late Saturday. Hopefully it’s not too bad.

This game has the potential to be one of the matches of the season. I want to see a dry track and a lot of attacking footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.