PRE-GAME [Round 17, 2024] Broncos vs Warriors

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
What's the story with Jaiyden Hunt?

The last we saw of him at Wynnum, he dropped a loose pass that immediately led directly to points.

Has he suffered an injury? Been dropped? Or was that head high enough to rub him out for a few matches?

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Surely Walsh plays. I know its in NZ and travel after origin etc, but he has barely played in weeks/months, he can't be 'fatigued' and we desperately need him.

We need the other 2 as well but Pat specifically has looked buggered for weeks

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Surely Walsh plays. I know its in NZ and travel after origin etc, but he has barely played in weeks/months, he can't be 'fatigued' and we desperately need him.

We need the other 2 as well but Pat specifically has looked buggered for weeks
I don't think patty is buggered. He's just been defending in the middle for ling periods due to poor handling which makes him look tired during games

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
You do realise our 2 best forwards with the biggest motors aren't playing right. Out of that entire forward pack, I dont really trust any of them to produce a full 80 minutes.
Our backs are also looking fragile. Cobbo has the wobbles: maybe physical, maybe mental. Arthars returning from injury. Sailor unconvincing in his last two matches, possibly because he returned from injury too soon. Staggs is recovering from a broken rib. Karapani is not unwise insurance.

As for the forwards, here we are again.

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
I don't think patty is buggered. He's just been defending in the middle for ling periods due to poor handling which makes him look tired during games
I completely agree on all the defending due to errors, dunno just seemed Pat has been even more so fatigued than others.

He has played a hell of a lot of minutes

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
If we run out with 1-17 named, Warriors would serve back the same score they endured against Tits UNLESS Kev had a magical spell on our boys during the bye.

I for one, want our boys to stop blabbering and start performing on the field as a team.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
What's the story with Jaiyden Hunt?

The last we saw of him at Wynnum, he dropped a loose pass that immediately led directly to points.

Has he suffered an injury? Been dropped? Or was that head high enough to rub him out for a few matches?
Strangely, it’s the same with Josh Patston. Early in the season, he played trails and looked ok but Hunt got the nod over him & Patston disappeared. Now, Hunt has disappeared and Patston apparently been playing good. From Q-cup wrap over the weekend “while Josh Patston was enormous in the second row, scoring two tries, getting two linebreaks and running 142 metres. He also made 22 tackles with one miss.”

Given Riki is out for 2 weeks, we could get Patston on to the bench and see if he can maintain same tempo from cup.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Karapani on the bench. I don't hate it.

No Origin stars backing up.

BRONCOS V WARRIORS

1 Tristan Sailor
2 Jesse Arthars <--
3 Kotoni Staggs
4 Selwyn Cobbo
5 Deine Mariner
6 Ezra Mam
7 Jock Madden
8 Corey Jensen
9 Billy Walters
10 Xavier Willison <--
11 Brendan Piakura
12 Jack Gosiewski <--
13 Kobe Hetherington <--

Interchange
14 Tyson Smoothy
15 Fletcher Baker
16 Josiah Karapani <--
17 Martin Taupau <--

Reserves
18 Josh Rogers
19 Blake Mozer
20 Reece Walsh
21 Payne Haas
22 Patrick Carrigan
23 Corey Oates
Wouldve liked to see Hunt on the bench, but not even named in the squad... do not trust Piakura to get through 80mins and theres no one on that bench that could come in.

All the origin players in the extended so decision on any playing still open... I can see one of Patty or Payne making the squad, because it looks like we need more minutes in the forwards.

Interesting that Karapani has made the bench over Oates

Cavalo

Cavalo

NYC Player
Sep 20, 2019
That team list is not inspiring reading, but I reckon the Origin boys will put their hands up to play.
The whole team need to be up for this and Kev and coaching staff better have been drilling them on the basics.
100% we can win, we just need to start playing like the Broncos, not some hungover park footballers.
#Prideinthejersey

Unread

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • pennywisealfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.