PRE-GAME [Round 17, 2024] Broncos vs Warriors

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
If I'm honest, I don't have a real good feeling about today's game. I'm trying to prepare myself now for something that could be very ugly.
I think the bigger the margin of our win today, the brighter out future looks. Particularly for Madden and Sailor.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
After 2020 and the shit end to 2022 we were due it. Arthars return is a plus but it's not like that alone will turn things around.
It's telling that Jesse returning is even an event given he should be solid depth, not a starter. I think he should shore up our edge defence somewhat.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It's telling that Jesse returning is even an event given he should be solid depth, not a starter. I think he should shore up our edge defence somewhat.
Earlier in his career I saw him as solid depth, I think his made the step over and become a justified first grader. Very much in the Michael Devere mold, won't win you a game through individual brilliance, but won't cost you one either. IMO you always need at least one of those type in your backline. The defence on that side has been at its worst when Cobbo and Arthars haven't been together this season.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Earlier in his career I saw him as solid depth, I think his made the step over and become a justified first grader. Very much in the Michael Devere mold, won't win you a game through individual brilliance, but won't cost you one either. IMO you always need at least one of those type in your backline. The defence on that side has been at its worst when Cobbo and Arthars haven't been together this season.
Yes, Jesse was one of the standouts of the Grand Final. He's about as good as depth gets when you consider he's likely to keep Oates out of the team.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
I think the bigger the margin of our win today, the brighter out future looks. Particularly for Madden and Sailor.

I just can't see a win, we've been exposed badly with out depth this year and then on top of that our handling and defense since round 1 has been well below where it needs to be.

We've papered over the problems with individual efforts to get some wins but with a lot of our quality missing today I just can't see us traveling all the way to NZ then turning around the last 16 Rounds of crap handling and defense.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
given he should be solid depth, not a starter.

Wash your mouth out with soap !
Played well above his pay grade and earnt his spot . One of my favorites . They signed him to a long contract for good reasons .

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I just can't see a win, we've been exposed badly with out depth this year and then on top of that our handling and defense since round 1 has been well below where it needs to be.

We've papered over the problems with individual efforts to get some wins but with a lot of our quality missing today I just can't see us traveling all the way to NZ then turning around the last 16 Rounds of crap handling and defense.

If NZ can't beat us here, they are done for the season.

Almost everything in their favor to win this one.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Wash your mouth out with soap !
Played well above his pay grade and earnt his spot . One of my favorites . They signed him to a long contract for good reasons .
Never said he didn't, only that he has always punched above his rating, and I've been saying that since everyone was jacking off over Hogsworth while treating him like the help.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

If NZ can't beat us here, they are done for the season.

Almost everything in their favor to win this one.
Broncos for the win.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Old mate on Fox League is earning his keep promoting the game in the reserve grade that is currently on right now.

I've heard it called the main event and the big dance and I have only been watching for about 20 minutes.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • kman
  • davidp
  • Galah
  • ChewThePhatt
  • The Strapper
  • Swordfish
  • BroncosAlways
  • barker
  • leon.bott
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • Culhwch
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.