Round 17 - Titans vs Broncos

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
If we keep the foot down, we can clean up that for and against in one game!

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Thing with these young fellas is they need patience. We have got carried away with young blokes coming in the past and killing it at the start, but then they fall away the more they play as people dont tolerate their mistakes, especially when the team isnt doing so well.

One thing i do think we have benefited from is the constant chopping and changing of players to accommodate Bird. Its let us get more cohesion into the team we probably lacked for quite a while this year.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
The thing that has impressed me most about turpin is his defence. He put on some big hits and lead the line

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
Only 5 more tries boys and we flog them for the second time in a row by 50 at the GC

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
My 1st half thoughts.

- Turpin. It's only been less than 20 minutes since he's been on the field but I really like what I see. The best thing about him so far is his fast and crisp passes from dummy half. Reminds me of Damien Cook. That 1st pass from the ruck is absolutely vital and I'm loving his passes. They get to the player fast and his pass accuracy is spot on. I'm a fan of Macca but most of his passes from dummy half are slow and move slow in the air and by the time it hits the player, the defense is in our faces. Turpin is great.

- Kotoni Staggs. Absolutely solid game, great kid. Shame he is off. Hope he comes back, he's a young tearaway. Great energy and confidence to pass that ball to Niko for the try.

- Jonus Pearson. Surprisingly, I'm really impressed with his 1st half. Looks like he's not wearing ice skates today lol. Well done, keep it up.

- Milf's short kicks are terrible. Needs to get that better, and has to nail em for the team. Long kicking game is good. Pass selection is good. Defense is good. He's going okay.

- Our forwards are doing the job. Need to keep it up for another 40 minutes.

- We look hungry and switched on. Need to cut out the penalties and complete our sets, keep the energy levels high and stay at it. We got this.

Great post Dee !!

I think Milf's short kicks could do a lot better if our chase game was awake......

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Everyone raving about our young players is great, but lets not play down the reason they are great. They have EARNED the right to play and get picked. Bennett is a master at it and every year people on this forum acts like he doesnt blood young players, he is just more patient then us and makes them earn it.

Last edited:
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Yeah, bwaithe is dissecting every close pass and whinging that we got away with some.
FMD I've never heard him or anyone go through other teams flat passes and point out how that were getting the rub off the green.
Also didn't hear a word from him about NSW getting every 50 50 in the SoO games.
Fucking flog

Last edited:
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I'm liking the Turps....!!

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
All of our young forwards go to the same barber.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Bloody hell konrad hurrell is unfit.. that young 18 year old prop for the titans is damn good though!

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
We have a minus 40 fa and we got for the 2 when 6 is a near certainty

Active Now

• Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Jedhead
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.