Panthers

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I think we meet the Panthers at the exact wrong time of the season. The way to beat them is to use attacking flair. It is really the only way to break them down. The only other way is if they have an off night, which only happens once a season and good teams never have off nights against us.

We can’t afford to be cavalier, which will limit our ability to beat them. If we had Reynolds we might be a chance, but trying to grind out a win won’t help us much tonight unfortunately.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
NRL2024BHQGamedayGraphicV6

thenry

thenry

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
I think one thing's for sure.. If we get touched up tonight, we're definitely done for 2024 (if we're not already).

And if that happens it's a sad, sad way to respond to 2023.

At least in 2016 we got to finals week 2 and it took a JT / Morgo freakshow (plus a Gillett trip) to finish us off.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Sorry for the lack of head to heads, I have been overseas working and have found it hard to get on here and no chance to watch games live. Anywho, based on how we are currently playing, I have it this way:

1. Edwards (Panthers)
2. Turuva (Panthers)
3. Tago (Panthers)
4. Cobbo (Broncos)
5. To'o (Panthers)
6. Mam (Broncos) - I actually wanted to put a blank here
7. Luai (Panthers)
8. Leota (Panthers)
9. Kenny (Panthers)
10. Fisher-Harris (Panthers)
11. Sorensen (Panthers)
12. Martin (Panthers)
13. Carrigan (Broncos)

14. Laurie (Panthers)
15. Willison (Broncos)
16. Smith (Panthers)
17. Eisenhuth (Panthers)

13 - 4 to the Panthers and really, that is only because I had to choose someone at 6. It might as well be 14-3, any way you slice it, the way we are playing, none of this can really be argued based on present form.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I think one thing's for sure.. If we get touched up tonight, we're definitely done for 2024 (if we're not already).

And if that happens it's a sad, sad way to respond to 2023.

At least in 2016 we got to finals week 2 and it took a JT / Morgo freakshow (plus a Gillett trip) to finish us off.
Not really. We can lose this and make the 8, by which time we'll have Reynolds back. Penrith and the Storm are the two teams you'd expect to beat us, even at full strength, without their main playmakers.

On a positive note, if we do win tonight we'll forget all about the last couple of months.

thenry

thenry

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
Not really. We can lose this and make the 8, by which time we'll have Reynolds back. Penrith and the Storm are the two teams you'd expect to beat us, even at full strength, without their main playmakers.

On a positive note, if we do win tonight we'll forget all about the last couple of months.
Yeah I'm a bit negative 😂. I just expect better.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
To me this game is more a nice to win rather than a must win... or a season over if we dont win.

There's every chance the origin contingent have their eyes onto next week, which fucking pisses me off, because outside of Patty their focus has been elsewhere for the last 6 weeks.

Penrith never switch their focus off so if focus isnt there they'll run over us... if Haas, Reece, Cobbo, etc. do turn up and the officiating does actually happen... then a game can be had... not sure if we win or lose, but a contest and a game can occur under those conditions.

Next week or maybe Knights in round 20 is when results really start to matter... if there is still a lack of focus from the origin contingent or literally anyone in the playing group when we're getting to those games... then that shit needs to be weeded out immediately.

The lack of ruthlessness in this playing group is what will hold them back... they need to care when they lose

Fatboy

Fatboy

QCup Player
Mar 8, 2008
Sorry for the lack of head to heads, I have been overseas working and have found it hard to get on here and no chance to watch games live. Anywho, based on how we are currently playing, I have it this way:

1. Edwards (Panthers)
2. Turuva (Panthers)
3. Tago (Panthers)
4. Cobbo (Broncos)
5. To'o (Panthers)
6. Mam (Broncos) - I actually wanted to put a blank here
7. Luai (Panthers)
8. Leota (Panthers)
9. Kenny (Panthers)
10. Fisher-Harris (Panthers)
11. Sorensen (Panthers)
12. Martin (Panthers)
13. Carrigan (Broncos)

14. Laurie (Panthers)
15. Willison (Broncos)
16. Smith (Panthers)
17. Eisenhuth (Panthers)

13 - 4 to the Panthers and really, that is only because I had to choose someone at 6. It might as well be 14-3, any way you slice it, the way we are playing, none of this can really be argued based on present form.
Tough to read, but realistic 100%

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
For people going to the game from the northside, there's track closures so look on translink for alternate routes.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I think we meet the Panthers at the exact wrong time of the season. The way to beat them is to use attacking flair. It is really the only way to break them down. The only other way is if they have an off night, which only happens once a season and good teams never have off nights against us.

We can’t afford to be cavalier, which will limit our ability to beat them. If we had Reynolds we might be a chance, but trying to grind out a win won’t help us much tonight unfortunately.
What is the downside of being cavalier, if the upside is still losing? I think we have to bamboozle them with running football. It's our strength. Or at least it was.

Totally Unr3al

Totally Unr3al

BRL Player
May 3, 2024
If we can put in 110% and get to within a point of every team from now on, our prize will be the wooden spoon.

**** how hard we tried, we need to win.
If we tried harder, we wouldn’t be in this mess. We would have a couple more wins and the season wouldn’t be on life support

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Rellie at a customer's house today .. He walks in and the whole house is bare other than this ..

It does looks glorious up there tho ..

I've actually got one of these .. hope this is a good sign for us for tonight lol.

Will it bring us glory tonight? lol. I feel so desperate lol.

KateBroncos1812

KateBroncos1812

NRL Player
Jul 28, 2023
I just say the word Broncos Rosie knows that word. She gives a few things her pissed off look like Wests Tigers she hates that word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Ondi
  • johnyE
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
  • Gaz
  • Culhwch
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • mystico
  • Strop
  • porouian
  • Redfern_1980
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.