Round 18

Is Bellamy still breathing?

Certainly got the best out of his team today.

Played the game without their entire regular spine ...... how many teams win when that happens?
Don't the Bellamy camp usually say one his quality is bringing anyone in and getting them to play their best? They all looked like numpties today against a 10th place team because they didn't have Smith and Cronk to hold their hands.

Do you understand the importance of a good spine? They direct the team around the part and are responsible for setting up the line breaks, tries and repeat sets and when your spine is as incredibly good as Slater, Widdop, Cronk and Smith you will miss them no matter what structures you have in place and what other players you have around them. Is it coz as a Broncos supporter you are so used to not having anyone do anything constructive in those positions that you don't understand how important really good ones are to a team? It would be like giving Bennett shit in 1998 if you took Lockyer, Walters, Langer and Lee all out and the side being touched up while they were out.

Yeah except supercoach had to rort the cap to get those 3 players to stick together (well 4 with Inglis there until they were caught).

We don't know he had to rort the cap to keep them. He rorted the cap to keep the team he had. Unless those 3 cost them over a caps worth that's a false statement. I also don't see how that is even remotely relevant to them being beaten with their 5 best players out (Hoffman included) in this current season. I feel sorry for them because we used to go through the same thing back in the days when we had decent spine players.

We had much more than 5 players out on Friday.
Thaiday, Parker, Hodges, Hannant, Gillett, Copley, Yow Yeh and Reed who might I add are all in our top 17 when fit yet we we lost by 1 point to a 4th placed team. That's right, 8 out of 17 1st rate players unavailable for selection.

Storm were terrible, I will take advantage of that to bag out Bellamy.

Last edited:
Hate to be the next team that plays Melbourne.

Refs were terrible against them

How did Reynolds stay on the field? Absolute bs.

Luke Patten was one of the video refs, lol.
I always thought it's a bit dodgy to have Patten video reffing for a Bulldogs game, it'd be like having Tallis video ref for a Broncos game. It's just begging for calls of bias.

Hate to be the next team that plays Melbourne.

Refs were terrible against them

How did Reynolds stay on the field? Absolute bs.
Warriors always go well against Melbourne, won 3/6 against them. Should be a fun game to watch.

Truly! That should be a great match.

We had much more than 5 players out on Friday.
Thaiday, Parker, Hodges, Hannant, Gillett, Copley, Yow Yeh and Reed who might I add are all in our top 17 when fit yet we we lost by 1 point to a 4th placed team. That's right, 8 out of 17 1st rate players unavailable for selection.

Storm were terrible, I will take advantage of that to bag out Bellamy.

I think you're being extremely disingenuous with your argument here and are by no means giving enough weight to the value of a teams spine.

Then again, we're Brisbane fans........it's not hard to forget about such things when we have no spine to speak of even when our best line-up takes the field.

Lets say Reed cancels out Hoffman, we're left wih 7 non spine players V 4 spine players... That's fair, if not a disadvantage to us.

Lets say Reed cancels out Hoffman, we're left wih 7 non spine players V 4 spine players... That's fair, if not a disadvantage to us.

It's probably more like 50% of the cap (us) vs 120% of the cap (them).

If that is actually what you think you really don't understand how good footy teams work. Also Hoffman at club level is a tonne better than Reed.

So to clarify you don't think 6 international players + a solid first grader V 4 international players is a fair comparison?

Active Now

• Scorchie
  • Midean
  • broncos4life
  • Organix
  • Allo
  • MrMoore
  • Fozz
  • BruiserMk1
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Fatboy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • Foordy
  • RodF
  • winslow_wong
  • simplythebest
  • Donald Garner
  • ezpz
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.