Round 2 - Broncos vs Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 2 - Broncos vs Radiers

The Rock said:
[quote="Big Pete":36t6inti][quote="The Rock":36t6inti]Can someone tell me why on earth we started the game with 2 backs on the bench? I know Anderson was ruled out, why is our 18th man a back? Considering we have pretty good utility value with Gillett, Teo and Glenn who can all cover outside back positions, why did we carry Copley as our 18th man?

No 18th man and Frei I believe was injured.

The rest aren't first grade standard.[/quote:36t6inti]

Why did we carry Copley down? Isn't that our 18th man?[/quote:36t6inti]

We didn't, we called him in from the 20's.

Aeetee said:
Bucking Beads said:
Aeetee said:
Beads do me a favor. Stop calling people retards and having a go a people by telling them to stop pulling themselves. Had a few complains about both. Next time it will be an official warning ok man. Other than that carry on guys :)

The Empire strikes again.
Seriously ... You think I'm power tripping. I had several complaints I ask nicely. I didnt have too. **** that next time man I will be a **** and just ban ya. Then your bitch can be justified.

Woohoo Brisbane win woohoo

I wasn't suggesting you were power tripping.

The Rock said:
Can someone tell me why on earth we started the game with 2 backs on the bench? I know Anderson was ruled out, why is our 18th man a back? Considering we have pretty good utility value with Gillett, Teo and Glenn who can all cover outside back positions, why did we carry Copley as our 18th man?

I'm guessing Griffin thought Copley would be the one most likely to be able to handle getting thrown in at the last minute.

He probably initially planned to shift Reed into the forwards when Copley came on.

Worst game I have seen Gagai played.
In saying that back 3 from both sides were poor in the air.

The Rock said:
[quote="Big Pete":2mq8xj6m][quote="The Rock":2mq8xj6m]Can someone tell me why on earth we started the game with 2 backs on the bench? I know Anderson was ruled out, why is our 18th man a back? Considering we have pretty good utility value with Gillett, Teo and Glenn who can all cover outside back positions, why did we carry Copley as our 18th man?

The rest aren't first grade standard.[/quote:2mq8xj6m]

Why did we carry Copley down? Isn't that our 18th man?[/quote:2mq8xj6m]
Nah they basically told him he was playing after the u20s. After he was showered and dressed. He wasn't even the first chioce either.

Great win by the boys, really good defense, our attack can and will get better. Macca gave us much better direction out of Dummy half and our forwards stood up to the test.

Gawd, that second half was a HUGE improvement. Great to watch.

Big Pete said:
[quote="The Rock":3dpjanpx][quote="Big Pete":3dpjanpx][quote="The Rock":3dpjanpx]Can someone tell me why on earth we started the game with 2 backs on the bench? I know Anderson was ruled out, why is our 18th man a back? Considering we have pretty good utility value with Gillett, Teo and Glenn who can all cover outside back positions, why did we carry Copley as our 18th man?

The rest aren't first grade standard.[/quote:3dpjanpx]

Why did we carry Copley down? Isn't that our 18th man?[/quote:3dpjanpx]

We didn't, we called him in from the 20's.[/quote:3dpjanpx]

I must say Canberras crows is fucking annoying as is that shithole just like that rt Edwards advert.

Let me be the first to applogise to the team. Did i pick them? No. Did i think we had any chance? No. I mean WOW, we didn't play that well IMO, but if Yow Yeh doesn't get the try of the season I'll be buggered (in a manner of speaking) I can only see a few areas of improvement.

1. Do we have another Hooker available to us?
2. Wallace could play in the forwards, he's just not a half back
3. More catching practice for our backs, we were lucky they didn't use this tactic more, other coaches will be watching.

This having been said I can't be more proud of the boys, this has just made my weekend!!!

Great second half effort form the team.

Still a lot of work needs to be done with our set plays and creativity in attack, but our defense is excellent and the work by the forwards tonight was top shelf.

Burg said:
!

I thought Macca was much better this week . [icon_shru

The Rock said:
So we didn't have an 18th man? Odd. Don't we always have an 18th man?
They said we don't take one interstate. Which makes no sense IMO. Can't afford the plane ticket?

The Rock said:

we didn't have an 18th man. Madness IMO.

The Rock said:

Cost cutting. WB always had an 18th man.

Bucking Beads said:
Burg said:
!

Agreed, still a couple of silly plays here and there but he actually gave us some good variation around the ruck and was something of a weapon.

McGuire MotM, what were you saying earlier Beadsy?

Big Pete said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":2gf7h6t3]
Burg said:
!

Agreed, still a couple of silly plays here and there but he actually gave us some good variation around the ruck and was something of a weapon.

McGuire MotM, what were you saying earlier Beadsy?[/quote:2gf7h6t3]

He still has those brain farts and that is what I was commenting on. Runs the bull up superbly though.

Aside from the one knock on, which was more about having a loose carry and it being hit out, he was fine tonight. His defence in the middle was particularly a feature.

That bumps us to 2nd on the ladder! [eusa_clap.gi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Nerd
  • Mister Wright
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • cento
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.