Round 2 Discussion

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Littlejohn is playing NSW Cup for Manly.

It appears that Mateo will play five eighth tonight against Melbourne.

****, I backed Manly tonight and my main reasoning was hopping Lil Jon was going to have a break out game after finding out DCE & Foran are leaving.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Have they revealed what injury Champion had? Surely it had to be serious in order for him to let his team mates down like he did.

That was a really memorable game and if I was a neutral supporter last night I would have been blowing chips that I had to watch the delayed coverage of it.

Eels showed plenty of ticker, more than what the scoreline suggested and I think both sides can hold their heads up.

For the victors, it was what we came to expect from them in 2014. Dominant forward performance accentuated by some punishing defence and moments of really smart play. They didn't re-invent the wheel with their play or produce a contender for performance of the season, but they did enough and they exposed some vulnerabilities in the Eels defence and made the most of opportunities as they presented themselves. Brett Morris has lived up to the hype so far and has really given the Dogs another attacking option, I thought Mbye deserved a lot more credit than what he received from the commentators & T-Rex had his moments too albeit you'd expect that against a backrow like him against a guy like Sandow. They'll be happy with the win and should be in good stead for the Sea Eagles next week.

As for the Eels, I must admit, I've got a soft spot for them. I'm just a fan of the way they play and the shape they use, it can make for some great Rugby League. Unfortunately the win was never on the cards for them. They gave away some silly penalties and repeat sets to the Bulldogs, lost key players at crucial times and when the game was in the balance picked some very ordinary options. Still, the Parramatta of old would have thrown the towel in at 8-0 down and gone onto get flogged by 50 odd so it's pleasing to see some improvement. While Norman got all the wraps, I was most impressed by Manu Ma'u who's foot-work at the line was just superb & he was always trying to rally the Eels. Unfortunately, the loss of Semi was a double blow for the Eels since it forced Ma'u to play in the centres. It actually started out alright for him as he scored two rapid-fire tries but it was going to take it's toll at some point and gave the Dogs an easy target in defence. Moreover, the loss of Radradra eliminated the Eels most dangerous player and one of their better metre earners. When the Dogs had the Eels pinned down in their own half, it was clear that Parramatta really missed him.

9 made a lot about Norman's performance but for mine, it was more or less a typical game from him. Moments of brilliance followed by moments of uninspired play. It all started after the second Ma'u try where he tried to put in a really good touch-finder only for the ball to go over the dead-ball line and it continued with some poor errors and options. The one that bothers me is his running style. Norman stands at about 185cm but hits the line like a feather. He needs to learn how to use his body more so he can get over the advantage line, not surrender into the tackle and spoil the momentum. I was really disappointed in those aspects because after the second Ma'u try I was starting to feel like he had turned a corner and was happy for him and the sport in general. Sadly, it was just more of the same.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Titans ripped off there. Fair try for mine.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
That was a ridiculous call, IMO.

There was no way Ryan James was stopping that try.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
What a terrible game of footy so far. Dropped balls and penalties aplenty. I can't believe that Titans try was given no try by the ref and video ref. Terrible decision.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Andrew Voss is a great commentator. I always get the feeling there's nowhere else he'd rather be than at the footy.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
This is the result I expected. Panthers are my tip for the Premiership and I expect the Titans to get the spoon. It'll be a long season. Time for Henry to make some big decisions.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Incredible play for that last try for Penrith

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Why can't we try set plays at training like Penrith do.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Who says the Broncos don't?

It takes time, it doesn't all happen overnight and Penrith have been at it since at least 2013 if not 2012 when Cleary took over.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Anyone who says DCE isn't one of the the best halves in the game is an idiot, he may have had a rough season last year, but form is temporary, class is permanent, just set up 3 tries single handedly in the space of 10 minutes.

Titans must be jizzing

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Willie Mason leading the way up front. I still think he has a lot to add at club level, he has been very underrated since he came back from England.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
DCE is a star. Superb from him. The Storm were robbed with that try that wasn't checked but gee Manly have cut them to bits since then.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Could Storm come back from this? They did last year.. They definitely have the players to do it.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.