Round 2 Discussion

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Listening on Grandstand on my way home from work. Matt Elliot just said that Wallace's service from dummy half looked as good as Cam Smiths... Is he looking that good? Haha.

Elliott is fucked in the head. How he keeps getting gigs anywhere is beyond me

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Credit due to Wallace on that nice kick, but it will be called back cause of accidental offside.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Finally a try in the second half to the dogs, I was almost asleep. 16-12

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Great way to finish a rather meh second half.

Tera

Tera

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2014
I chucked $20 on the Doggies when they were down 12 - 0 - wahoo!

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Haha yep. How many times did we get to 16 and shut up shop under him? Felt like a a fair few.

What will he say at the presser? Um yeah hmm nah yeah we won 79 minutes of the game.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Great win, Mbye played really well.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
What will he say at the presser? Um yeah hmm nah yeah we won 79 minutes of the game.

466874-8fe5f1ba-0a70-11e4-b832-315b08e711dd.jpg

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
How costly was the decision to play Dean Whare?

I feel sorry for the Penrith players. They really put into tonight, outdid the Bulldogs at their own game and looked set for an unlikely victory until it all came crashing down on them. Losing Whare late in the game caused a reshuffle and gave the Dogs an easy target which they were able to capitilise on.

The Dogs will be happy because they got away with one they didn't deserve to win. Those wins are like gold and will go a long way by the end of the season. Got to give another rap to Moses Mbye, he's been a stand-out these past two weeks and Will Hopoate's work at the back has improved tenfold under Des. The loss of Tolman really rocked them tonight and I thought they really missed having Lichaa out there which may say something about Garvey and his game.

In general, I tend to agree that it wasn't much of a footy game. It was more or less a contest between the two packs, where I thought the Panthers stood up beautifully. Campbell-Gillard turned around a poor week and was a big presence in the middle, Matagi added some punch off the bench and Trent Merrin has given the Panthers an extra dimension in attack. Unfortunately all their hard work was let down by the creative players who didn't provide their players with the guidance they needed.

I reckon most punters would want to see Te Maire Martin thrown in but I still think he's really raw at this stage and think he should be given a few more weeks in NSW Cup before changing the guard. Instead, I'd be keen to see how they fair with Moylan in the side. No doubt Penrith are missing him and he'd just provide them with that extra pass they desperately need.

Wallace may have extended his career with his dummy half performance tonight.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I hope Penrith have some luck and soon for Hooks sake. So far though it looks like more or less the same old stuff. Bore your way to a close finish where you can win or lose depending on any number of factors.

Moylan will make a difference and so will Segyaro but it could be already too late by the time they are both back.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Bulldogs have won their first 2 matches, but I still find it hard to rate them. Their forward pack is fantastic, but Garvey is pretty shit and Lichaa is out for a while. Hopoate is still a shadow of his former self. Never really rated Reynolds highly and Mbye is still very unproven.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • bazza
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • thenry
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Cavalo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Rambstien
  • john1420
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.