POST GAME Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
As I said, we're still too vulnerable to take on Melbourne especially after a loss.

Melbourne are just going to be a side that will always have the wood over us.

Alec

International Rep
I wanna be disgusted, but this is so common now it would actually be waaaay more surprising if we didn't get smashed by them.

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Brisvegas
I wanna be disgusted, but this is so common now it would actually be waaaay more surprising if we didn't get smashed by them.
Exactly what i was thinking.

I'm sorry, but i laughed a little when i read some of you actually thought we would win this game.

We are a long way off challenging sides like the Storm/Roosters ... our young side just hasn't had the chance to get any kind of cohesion as yet.

Getting Tom or SOS back as halfback will help, but the season is fast slipping away.

Dexter

NRL Captain
The thing that pisses me off the most is how Melb don't win the contest in the tackle but their second or third man in still hangs on . The refs just expect it now like it's ok because that's just Melbourne.
Even the commentators just cop it, even admire it, but they break the rules 90% of the time. There is some kind of emporers new clothes BS going on.
You don't win the contest just because you have 3 in the tackle you're supposed to dominate before you get to slow things up a bit in fact if you can't dominate 3 on 1 you shouldn't get any leeway at all.

Last edited:

Pub Steak

QCup Player
What we did in the first half was no different than blooding up the water and jumping in with a bunch of sharks. The game was over after our early defensive efforts against the frenzy of attacks. It's how Melbourne get us every time. We look at their disgusting jerseys and shit our pants.

Rookie Alan

NYC Player
I’m not too sure what’s happening with our right side defense, way fucking too open.

I don’t want to hold anyone accountable for the loss, but people keeping talking about Lodge’s leadership should stop, all I can see is he’s taken this game completely personal, didn’t put himself in the team.

It’s not the end of the world, if the boys can learn something from this game, then it’s worth it for the players not for the fans.

There’s still chance we could make to the final, but we really should start think about next year.

pagey

NRL Captain
Was always going to be the outcome, we aren't close to being a top 8 side. But the alarming thing is how much we need to improve, that is going to drain some confidence.

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
Dearden should waltz right back into the team next week surely. The whole team was shit. They got Lodge to bite early and it was all downhill from there

AndyB

QCup Player
Even though the results from the last few weeks were wins, it's evident we still have missing pieces.

Obvious ones are playing guys in their correct positions relying on being injury free and recruitment.

The other pieces include a different game plan. I said a few weeks back even though our forwards are hard to contain, teams like the storm will just gobble up those one out runs.
This happened tonight, partly from being energy zapped on defence but also we need to mix it up on attack with different moves.

Defence is the other piece, as others have pointed out, it was shot down that right hand side.

Hopefully the poor game plan, management etc can be sorted out.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter