Round 20 Discussion

images

external

The Knights players don't give a shit.

They know that they will be in the 1st grade side no matter what the final score is.

Even Bennett couldn't help that rabble but at least he made them look ok.

Quarter of the game gone and already 30 points has been scored..

18-12 to Panthers.

That was awesome.

Austin has been great this year..

These teams must spend ten minutes on defence on Tuesday morning training and play touch for the rest of the time.

Just watched a replay of the Roosters/Tigers clash.

It was very similar to the Broncos/Titans match, where neither side brought their A game but the favourite still won comfortably. For the Roosters, it was just another two points. For the Tigers, it was a frustrating evening where they showed some positive signs but were let down by a calamity of errors.

Poor discipline, silly options and soft defence was the order of the day. They're common symptons of an inexperienced side and at this stage, you'd almost be prepared to ride it out, hoping that the inclusion of Farah will make a difference and just trying to churn out a few wins to build some confidence and belief in the side. In hindsight, they should have employed this approach much earlier in the season when things were beginning to look shakey for Mitchell. Say, play him in the NSW Cup to build up his confidence while building the side around Brooks/Tedesco/Farah/Cherrington and playing Siro in the 6 and having him play that Bird/Cartwright type of role where he offers you some ball-playing skills and a good hand in defence. They've gone too deep to give up on Moses at this point but I think they'll rue the missed opportunity. Not just on Moses' end but on Siro's who hasn't looked all that flash in the backrow.

For now, I'd stick to a lot of what they've got with a vision to bring in Liolevave (I don't believe he's really coming to Brisbane, I think Mole has got him and Funaki confused) and Lodge while giving the likes of Tedesco, Nofoaluma, Simona, Moses, Brooks, Siro, Lovett, Sue etc. experience.

They've got to try and bring in more experiened cattle for next season to help support Brooks + Moses which is going to be their bread and butter moving forward but that's for another conversation.

Sydney don't have those type of problems. Their biggest problem will be finding that next gear. I keep hearing about it from the Broncos, but the Roosters aren't beyond it themselves and I'm not getting that semi final intensity from them yet either. Their pack is doing well, but I'd like to see how they go when they don't have teams taking a backwards steps or giving them freebies.

I hope people get used to seeing these scorelines a lot next year.

Just dumb play after dumb play by Panthers.

That was disgusting referring. Clearly Fifita wasn't facing forward when playing the ball, should've been a penalty.

The Referees' Union is after Fifita!

Fat moron that he is.

God I hope we play the Dogs again in the finals, if they make it at all. We will destroy them regardless of who they beat before us.

Facebook is going to blow up after this :rofl:

Unread

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Porthoz
  • Morkel
  • Turks85
  • broncsgoat
  • Rookie Alan
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.