Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pattys gunna be missed alright...

Its disgusting weather down here in ACT right now and i believe its no different to Sydney too.

giphy.gif

Its Pattys ball playing that allows Arey to play wider with a bit more space and time to examine the defence.

giphy.gif

He can do it at speed also, here it helps push the defence on its heels a bit and allows Payne that extra metre to wind up and gain post-contact metres.

giphy.gif

Something i think most missed; can you see the gravity he has one off the ruck in this play. Just running up as a decoy completely wrecks the positioning of the A & B defender at marker, Arey sees it and causes havoc..

This is what you call conditioning the defence, its something the Cowboys are doing very well this year also.

It will have to be a team effort, all the forwards chipping in to try and replicate at least some of the nuances of Pattys game.

This is ok from Haas...

giphy.gif

But with our right edge back, this is more what we want, though is it really on in wet weather?

giphy.gif

I think it suits Haas's passing style as this action is left to right, where as the other one was right to left..the key also is it gives Arey time to survey the defence and make his decision with the ball.

Really interesting game to see where we are at tonight.

I don't think rorters have been travelling all that well, but they've been doing enough to play just above their opponent's level.

On the other hand we have struggled to reset on the back of origin and the playing group being busted and bashed up, especially Reynolds.

Excluding Patty and Herbie we are just about back to full strength (I think??) and those niggling injuries should be just about healed by now... Jensen and even Reynolds was 8 weeks back in Rd 13 when he copped it... but we have a shit ton of youth in the team at the moment compared to what we had back in the winning streak and they will need strong leadership to keep on the straight and narrow out on the field.

I'm hoping to see us just get into the grind with them tonight and make them go set for set with us early on. I think we've been too keen to get expansive too early and not putting any pressure on the opposition.

I'd love to see a win tonight and if we complete at 80% and take the ref out of the game we should still have enough to get it done... but we need to be patient and just keep building pressure for the full 80.

Relax peeps, we got this!

our forwards will lay a good platform

the ARey and Cobbo show reunites finally

Cobbo's return will help Staggs return to form, as the defence won't be able to solely focus on him, there'll be another dangerman right beside him.

this is the game we announce our premiership credentials
I'm a little bit worried about Cobbo having played so little footy basically since origin started.

He's only played two games with the broncos since origin started, the shocker against Melbourne where he forgot to pack his studs and then the next game against Cows where he subbed in back at fullback (although he did almost drag us to a victory that week).

My only worry about him is that he was just starting to find his feet in first grade around the time origin started and then he's played **** all since then. Given he's not an experienced head he might take a few weeks to get back up to speed again and we might see a couple of those early round error filled games again.

We won't win tonight. Sorry everyone.

However

If we DO win, I absolutely welcome all the insults and abuse and will love every second of it lol

Pattys gunna be missed alright...

Its disgusting weather down here in ACT right now and i believe its no different to Sydney too.

giphy.gif

Its Pattys ball playing that allows Arey to play wider with a bit more space and time to examine the defence.

giphy.gif

He can do it at speed also, here it helps push the defence on its heels a bit and allows Payne that extra metre to wind up and gain post-contact metres.

giphy.gif

Something i think most missed; can you see the gravity he has one off the ruck in this play. Just running up as a decoy completely wrecks the positioning of the A & B defender at marker, Arey sees it and causes havoc..

This is what you call conditioning the defence, its something the Cowboys are doing very well this year also.

It will have to be a team effort, all the forwards chipping in to try and replicate at least some of the nuances of Pattys game.

This is ok from Haas...

giphy.gif

But with our right edge back, this is more what we want, though is it really on in wet weather?

giphy.gif

I think it suits Haas's passing style as this action is left to right, where as the other one was right to left..the key also is it gives Arey time to survey the defence and make his decision with the ball.
I think the field will still be soggy and slippery but otherwise no rain to speak of tonight. It's going to be an excellent night!

Hate to admit it, but I'm unusually pessimistic about this one. More us being out of balance than the Roosters being more worthy.

I'm also a bit pessimistic, the Roosters are just hanging on in 8th and they may just be more desperate than us.

I'm worried we are just going to be happy trying to play at the same level of our opposition like we did with Tigers.

We owe the Roosters a loss where we get a dodgy game winning penalty two mins from full time

The Roosters have won the last two encounter by a combined total of 5 points.

Turpin starting Billy off the bench
I'm actually ok with this. Given the shitty conditions I can see Turps tackling his ring out for as long as he can and then Billy coming on to add a bit of spark.

I think Billy work better in the impact dummy half role than Turps in these conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Mister Wright
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • jd87
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.