Round 21 Discussion

Miserable afternoon for the Raiders.

On the brightside, I don't think their NYC side is any indication of their future. They're playing some of their better talents in other grades at the moment and most of their brighter junior prospects have graduated from the competition.

On the other side of the coin, it's great news for the Warriors who have something of a young team themselves but have managed to find their feet as a footy side and are beginning to play some quality football. I mentioned the last time we played them in the NYC that they were missing a lot of key players either to injury or NSW Cup. They had a few of them on show today and they combined well with the likes of Abbey who looks like a good prospect coming through at fullback.

Didn't watch Knights v Souths but going in, a loss always seemed to be on the cards for the Knights.

Knights were at Raiders' levels BP...

54-12 in Round 9.

54-18 in Round 21.

Warriors have completely embarrassed the Raiders in 2014.

Hell, embarrassed is not even the right word. I can't find a word to describe what just happened..

Obliteration, extirpation, annihilation, decimation - there's a few. :beer:

Did anyone see what happened with Taupau?

Gave himself an uppercut with the ball. I bet he felt like an idiot afterwards.

Canterbury Bulldogs vs Penrith Panthers match highlights

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if I ended up making the point or not in the Match Review thread but I definitely agree on Gordon.

Isn't reliable at all at the back and his support play isn't anywhere near what it was.

As long as the Sharks hold onto Holmes, they should be okay at the back. Didn't see the game but he's been strong all season for their NYC and NSW Cup side and his stats looked promising given wing isn't his natural position.

I've just been making a highlights video of the Sharks vs Eels game, and I must say Holmes looked good considering it was his debut.

His speed and footwork is incredible, and he played a huge part in the Sharks 2 tries. He would have scored a few tries if Robson and Gordon came up with better passes.

He looked quite good, definitely a keeper. I would like to see what he can do at fullback where he would be able to get his hands on the ball more and have more space to work in.

Defensively, he wasn't great. Tackling wise, he was solid. However, he misread the play quite a few times which nearly resulted in a couple more tries for the Eels.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Santa
  • Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BooKhaki
  • eggstar10
  • Wolfie
  • The Strapper
  • FACTHUNT
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • Gaz
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Justwin
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.