Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Brisbane Broncos
Brookvale Oval, Friday 1 August 2014
Kickoff 7:45pm

MAN-LUteams.png

1. Brett Stewart 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Jamie Lyon 4. Steve Matai 5. Peta Hiku 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Josh Starling 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brenton Lawrence 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Tom Symonds 13. Jamie Buhrer
14. Jesse Sene-Lefao 15. Tyson Andrews 16. James Hasson 17. Jason King
BRI-LUteams8.png

1. Josh Hoffman 2. Daniel Vidot 3. Dale Copley 4. Justin Hodges 5. Jack Reed 6. Ben Barba 7. Ben Hunt 8. Josh McGuire 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Corey Parker 11. Alex Glenn 12. Matt Gillett 13. Sam Thaiday
14. Jake Granville 15. Todd Lowrie 16. Ben Hannant 17. Corey Oates 18. Martin Kennedy
Official Match Hashtag: #NRLmanbri

Toyota Cup is underway.

Manly lead 6-0 inside the opening 5 minutes.

Make that 12-0 to Manly.

To give you guys some context, Manly are late bloomers who started the season poorly but have since strung 7 wins together in a row.

Meanwhile, Brisbane find themselves in a slump losing their past three games.

Brisbane have responded nicely scoring the past three tries to lead 18-12 with only a few minutes remaining in the first half.

No word on the try scorers.

Make that 24-12 Broncos.

34 minutes gone.

Half-time in the Under 20s.

Brisbane lead 28-12.

Will try and get point scorers for you guys as soon as I can.

No late changes to the Broncos side for tonight's game.

48 minutes into the NYC and the Broncos extend their lead again.

32-12 Broncos

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges (c)
5. Jack Reed
6. Ben Barba
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Corey Parker (c)
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Sam Thaiday
Interchange:
14. Jake Granville
15. Todd Lowrie
16. Ben Hannant
17. Corey Oates
Coach: Anthony Griffin

Last edited:
That's a nice boost for us.

Won't mean a whole lot but Blair can be clumsy.

68 minutes gone in the NYC

Broncos lead 38-22

Not a fan of Reed on the wing, surely if he isn't the best player for a position you just leave him out. Kahu or Maranta deserve to be there ahead of him, on the bench as well is another issue. I can see the value in Oates, Hannant and Granville but while Lowrie deserves some love for his comments this week he should have made way for a big man like Kennedy.

Lowrie and Reed shouldn't be there, but the rest almost picks itself.

I think I have more faith in Reed not embarrassing himself than Lowrie actually adding something worthwhile.

Last edited:
The 20's got up 44-34. So, I presume defence wasn't an emphasis for either team...

Will be good to have 2 hours at this forum without getting into a Bennett vs Griffin thing.

Not a fan of Reed on the wing, surely if he isn't the best player for a position you just leave him out. Kahu or Maranta deserve to be there ahead of him, on the bench as well is another issue. I can see the value in Oates, Hannant and Granville but while Lowrie deserves some love for his comments this week he should have made way for a big man like Kennedy.

I wonder how Wendell Sailor and all the other great wingers that have been around think about their old position looking like a demotion at most clubs nowadays.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • Big Del
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • BruiserMk1
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.