Round 21 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
Was that touchy telling Badger to check onside?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Is this the return of the bad old griffinball days

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Ideas are good? Running on the 5th when nothing is doing and kicking on the 4th when nothing is doing?

We've been starved of possession? What is wrong with a safe kick on the 5th to get us some bloody field position for more than one set per half?

Gillett offloading lying half on the ground?

Our ideas have been shit, our defence has been shit and the scoreline reflects that.

Sorry, I was wrong. You are right. I just thought Hunt and Milf have had some nice plays in there but drop ball and bad execution on kicks have been a killer.

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
3 of their tries have been arsey as shit. Infuriating.

Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Lyon seems to save his best games for the Broncos.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Manly and their flukes. Lyon seems to be the next immortal every time he plays against us.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Ideas are good? Running on the 5th when nothing is doing and kicking on the 4th when nothing is doing?

We've been starved of possession? What is wrong with a safe kick on the 5th to get us some bloody field position for more than one set per half?

Gillett offloading lying half on the ground?

Our ideas have been shit, our defence has been shit and the scoreline reflects that.

A lot of truth in this.

At 20-0 I've got dwindling confidence we can get back into this seriously.

That said, it's a good chance to see how we respond to adversity. We've been good at holding a lead and seizing opportunities when the game is in the balance. It's been quite some time since we've had to fight back from a deficit.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Bennett will obviously have some words and we might see a flip they have lost the game plan entirely tonight. Unless that was the game plan...

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Where's this great defense I keep hearing about?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
all this doom and gloom ... we were bound to have a poor game before the finals ... hopefully Bennett can fire them up for the second half and we can make a similar comeback to the Cowboys. we have the players to do it in Milford, Hunt, Hodges, Parker Gillett etc.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
This is definitely just not our night. So many arsey as **** tries for Manly, it's sickening. Plus we can't buy a penalty in the ruck

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
These commentators have never seen a Broncos game this year have they? Constantly mentioning our non-moving defensive line.

Well, it isn't really moving much at all is it. Like some have said, poor defensive line speed against a side who plays fast and slick means you give them room and time to get field position, momentum and set their plays.

Our Kearney Koaching in defence is biting us in the bum. You can't win against a side full of running with a slow defensive line. Tonight is proof. Aside from the fact that Milford and Hunt look like they are on Valium

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
A lot of truth in this.

At 20-0 I've got dwindling confidence we can get back into this seriously.

That said, it's a good chance to see how we respond to adversity. We've been good at holding a lead and seizing opportunities when the game is in the balance. It's been quite some time since we've had to fight back from a deficit.
This. We were due a loss and we're missing two first choice prop forwards also without Vidot who would have been handy tonight.

I think this is a good loss to have, if we come back from it, it's a great confidence builder, if we get destroyed, it brings back a bit of reality to a team that's been flying high for most of the season.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Some real doomsayers in here.

its just not our night, Manly are playing well, credit to them.

we were going to drop a game or two eventually, this just looks like it. We will still be on top of the ladder come Monday, don't give up on the season over 40 mins of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• KickHaas
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • Ironbroncos
  • Morkel
  • Nerd
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brocko
  • Griffo
  • Stix
  • Rambstien
  • broncs30
  • Broncos Maestro
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Shane Tronc
  • Old Mate
... and 57 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.