vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope we can control the ball for the majority of this game, run the bigger Dogs forwards around and knacker them out.

A big indication of how we'll go in the finals tonight i think .... the Dogs will really throw a lot at us.

Hope we can control the ball for the majority of this game, run the bigger Dogs forwards around and knacker them out.

A big indication of how we'll go in the finals tonight i think .... the Dogs will really throw a lot at us.

It's certainly make or break for them. That can make them dangerous, but we can also use it to our advantage.

If we can keep to our game plan and turn this into a contest of endurance, their fatigue will be compounded by desperation as their season slips through their fingers.

I can see the wisdom of bringing Oates into the starting side but a little nonplussed about Maranta to the bench. Suppose the plan is to bench Oates after the initial exchanges, then sub him back into the forwards thereafter?

We'll definitely miss Blair here with his control of the ruck. Moreover, we need a good game from Macca. He played fewer minutes last week, in lieu of Kodi getting more game time. Little wonder we were found wanting in slowing Manly momentum.

Expect this to be a tight game, decided in the last 20 minutes as our conditioning comes to the fore. Us by 8.

damn having to work tonight ... oh well, i'll record the game and watch it at 6am ... so i'll have to avoid the scores until then. that means, no BHQ (infact no internet), no SVRL, no radio (just to be on the safe side). I may even turn my phone off to ensure no one tells me the scores. I need a cone of silence to be erected around me until i can get home to watch the game

damn having to work tonight ... oh well, i'll record the game and watch it at 6am ... so i'll have to avoid the scores until then. that means, no BHQ (infact no internet), no SVRL, no radio (just to be on the safe side). I may even turn my phone off to ensure no one tells me the scores. I need a cone of silence to be erected around me until i can get home to watch the game

Wish i could block it out while at work tonight also, but i'm surrounded by demented Dogs supporters so the work TV will be on for sure.

Sounds like you need a pair of these..

The Sensory Deprivator 5000

sensory.jpg

Last edited:
I backed Manly last week and I'm gonna back Canterbury tonight.. Not sure why, I feel like even without Eastwood their pack is going to dominate ours without McGuire & Blair, hopefully the boys prove me wrong, we could use this win to maintain on the ladder.

I backed Manly last week and I'm gonna back Canterbury tonight.. Not sure why, I feel like even without Eastwood their pack is going to dominate ours without McGuire & Blair, hopefully the boys prove me wrong, we could use this win to maintain on the ladder.

Sames. But for me the biggest equation is Wallace starting. He's certainly improving but he's no where near a starter, at least not the kind of starting prop that Brisbane's game plan (most importantly the defensive side) requires. The more I watch games from earlier this season, the more obvious it is that Blair is not only being well utilised, but in actual fact our defence relies on him more than any other forward.

Ever think that the reason he was shifted to fullback was because of his kicking game? He had plenty of opportunities to show his wares and continuously let himself down with poor decision making.

To be honest I'm a little worried about the game tonight, the Dogs have plenty to play for just like Manly did, their desperation, Blair and McGuire missing up front and our bench has me edgy.

My emotional scaring from the 'Griffin' years is still haunting me obviously......I'm praying the boys are really up for this and that last week was just an off game. :pray:

To be honest I'm a little worried about the game tonight, the Dogs have plenty to play for just like Manly did, their desperation, Blair and McGuire missing up front and our bench has me edgy.

My emotional scaring from the 'Griffin' years is still haunting me obviously......I'm praying the boys are really up for this and that last week was just an off game. :pray:

I wouldn't even say that losing this game would be a "Griffin" thing. Every team, in every era, has been rolled by an underdog with more to lose.

The boys will win tonight and keep the streak alive.

Going for 9 straight.

Last edited:
The Broncos are strong favourites with the bookies but I don't think any bookies are playing ! The money is on Brisbane so it makes me a little more confident. I'm hoping for a perfect round of tipping, I've come from 15,000 th in the fox tipping comp to 249 th and would just love a few perfect rounds to finish the season ! Looking for a more energetic performance tonight but still think we need Blair back as soon as we can. It seems like a long time ago he made just 9 metres in a game.

What time do the gates open? I'm hanging out at the valley for a bit if anyone wants to have a beer beforehand?

Well, I was very confident before.

But, my dad has just now decided he can't go. Back is too bad.

That means my brother gets the membership. The same brother that went to the Knights game. Usually when he goes, bad things happen.

So I want to apologize in advance if any of our boys get injured tonight. Or we lose.

Last edited:
Well, I was very confident before.

But, my dad has just now decided he can't go. Back is too bad.

That means my brother gets the membership. The same brother that went to the Knights game. Usually when he goes, bad things happen.

So I want to apologize in advance if any of our boys get injured tonight. Or we lose.

You better get your hands on anything wooden in the vicinity and hold tight

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.